Wash U...not about their GPA/MCAT mean

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rotinaj1985

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you think, are we going to hear some more acceptances this Saturday?

Are they done with their interview season? Or does anyone know when the last day of interviews is?

Best of Luck to Everyone,

Members don't see this ad.

Are they done with their interview season? Or does anyone know when the last day of interviews is?

I don't know when their interview season ends, but I know everyone will have a response by April 15th. I think there will be some action this Saturday, but it may be reduced for us girls since they seemed to make a special effort last month to admit the girls they wanted for scholarship applications. Bummer.

I don't know when their interview season ends, but I know everyone will have a response by April 15th. I think there will be some action this Saturday, but it may be reduced for us girls since they seemed to make a special effort last month to admit the girls they wanted for scholarship applications. Bummer.

I feel ya, but I don't think you have anything to worry about, just based on you stats and experiences I'd be confident that you're getting in there. You're probably already accepted elsewhere right?

Members don't see this ad :)

Yeah, I hope they look at all of us girls again. I'm getting antsy!

I feel ya, but I don't think you have anything to worry about, just based on you stats and experiences I'd be confident that you're getting in there. You're probably already accepted elsewhere right?

Thanks, but I had a pretty bad interview at WashU, so I may have sabotaged myself. I'm still waiting to hear from all my other favs (Baylor, Emory, Georgetown and Johns Hopkins), but I'm in at Oklahoma, and it's a good school, too.

We shall all see!

Why do you think some decisions might be made this Saturday?...

Why do you think some decisions might be made this Saturday?...

It's been three weeks since there's been any activity...so good chance of some this weekend I suppose.

Anyway, I hope everyone has the beverage of choice ready to celebrate, I have a bottle of Warre's Warrior LBV (1995) Port in the fridge (have had it there since August)...just waiting for the first acceptance.

I'm hoping for some word on Saturday too! I'm a little worried though, since the adcom meeting would have been on valentine's day. Would they have one then?

It really would be nice to hear something from them. It's not fun having been strung out for the last 3 months without a word....

Good luck you guys! It seems like they are running pretty late this year as compared to last year.

We had a final on V-Day, I don't see why there couldn't have been an AdCom meeting as well.

I like the title of this thread.

Members don't see this ad :)

February 25th is their last day of interviews.:)

Check your status pages! WashU has released decisions!

Not for everyone :(. When did you interview?

And Congrats!

Thanks, hra. I interviewed way back in November.

When I saw people with December/Jan interviews posting that they had acceptances, I thought I was in the "reject" pile, but I guess the adcom goes back and looks at all apps?
I'd say don't give up hope! I'm sure you'll hear good news too.

Where are they in terms of acceptance decisions now? Did they just do Dec or Jan?

I interviewed WAAAAAAY back on oct 15th, and I got in today. Congrats to the others! I am so excited.

Thanks, hra. I interviewed way back in November.

When I saw people with December/Jan interviews posting that they had acceptances, I thought I was in the "reject" pile, but I guess the adcom goes back and looks at all apps?
I'd say don't give up hope! I'm sure you'll hear good news too.

I was starting to feel like I was in the same pile. I agree, don't give up hope!

Bah it sucks to be a girl today... not to mention having been passed over at all the girl-only meetings a while back.

So, do you check your status page by logging in to your sec app and clicking on "check application status"? Bc if so, I'm still being ignored... or hated. My file is still just "complete."

Seriously... Is that how you check your online status, or is there some other way? Does it just say "according to our records your application is complete" until they accept you?

Seriously... Is that how you check your online status, or is there some other way? Does it just say "according to our records your application is complete" until they accept you?

sad day for you, and me...oh well, couple more chances I suppose.

yea thats how you check...

Yeah, you just log in. Don't even need to click check application status. First thing that pops up is "Congratulations, ___________. Pay Acceptance Tuition Deposit. Congratulations on your acceptance"

was anybody who interviewed recently (within the past month) accepted? or is it mostly people who interviewed a few months ago?

Thanks, and congratulations to those accepted!!!

Have any girls gotten in this weekend? Or do you think they're only looking at the boys since they already had a few girls-only rounds? Gah, I just want to get in!

was anybody who interviewed recently (within the past month) accepted? or is it mostly people who interviewed a few months ago?

Thanks, and congratulations to those accepted!!!

I interviewed almost exactly a month ago, no word. It's too early to be worried, I've been paying attention and there was only 1 person I noted that got in with a recent interview and it was a girl literally a week before the Olin deadline.

ugh i was really hoping for an acceptance in this meeting. I'm guessing they will have one more meeting and then move on to waitlists.

I interviewed WAAAAAAY back on oct 15th, and I got in today. Congrats to the others! I am so excited.

Hey Crimson Doc,
You were on my interview day! Congratulations. Could be classmates next year :)

When is WashU's last MD interview date?

ugh i was really hoping for an acceptance in this meeting. I'm guessing they will have one more meeting and then move on to waitlists.

Hmm...that's what I'm thinking too, now. I suspect in 2 weeks.

Hmm...that's what I'm thinking too, now. I suspect in 2 weeks.

I don't think you'll find out if you're waitlisted until the 15th of April. Thats how I remember it.

I don't think you'll find out if you're waitlisted until the 15th of April. Thats how I remember it.

Perhaps...but in the thread last year they were saying that Dean Dobson was saying that towards the end of February they are "interviewing for the waitlist." So I can only assume around that time they're done with acceptances.

EDIT: LET ME IN!!!!!!!!

WashU, please live up to your "reputation."

Perhaps...but in the thread last year they were saying that Dean Dobson was saying that towards the end of February they are "interviewing for the waitlist." So I can only assume around that time they're done with acceptances.

Hmm, so you think if we don't hear anything in the next month or so we can count on a waitlist?

Wow I am so glad I decided to randomly come by sdn today, i had given up hope on hearing anything from anyone, but after seeing this thread i decided to check my status, and I got in!!!

I interviewed on 10/26 btw.

Wow I am so glad I decided to randomly come by sdn today, i had given up hope on hearing anything from anyone, but after seeing this thread i decided to check my status, and I got in!!!

you lucky dog, you! congrats!

CONGRATS!!!

Is it possible they haven't gotten around to us January folk yet?

Please.Please.Please.

What's been the earliest that people have heard back from Washu?
I interviewed there little over 2 weeks ago and I just wanted to know if it's way too early for me to start getting paranoid over my status.
Btw, during my orientation one of the deans said that they had 4 meetings planned over the next month, so if they've been having 1 meeting/ week that means that people should be hearing back over the next two weekends as well.

What's been the earliest that people have heard back from Washu?
I interviewed there little over 2 weeks ago and I just wanted to know if it's way too early for me to start getting paranoid over my status.
Btw, during my orientation one of the deans said that they had 4 meetings planned over the next month, so if they've been having 1 meeting/ week that means that people should be hearing back over the next two weekends as well.

That about the one meeting a week I think is the best news I've had in a while... Worst Semester Ever...

EDIT: LET ME IN!!!!!!!!

WashU, please live up to your "reputation."

Sounds to me you're saying that anyone with a interview in February is for wait list. That doesn't make sense to me...I think they're wait list is probably big enough as it is. Assuming they don't really send rejections to anyone they interview (and why would they?) then they have 9/10 interviewees on the waitlist. But then again, this statistics could come from their February interviews...
Out of curiosity, those of you who are still waiting to hear from Wash U and checking this thread: How many of you already have acceptances elsewhere?

lol WashU gets so much publicity... There was a thread just bashing the school, and here theres a thread loving it...

Ah, so you're still waiting, too?

Unless Britt just got in, he's waiting.

Michael got in last month.

In reference to the above post, I have another acceptance at my state school.

lol WashU gets so much publicity... There was a thread just bashing the school, and here theres a thread loving it...

LOL, well, I think most people who don't meet their high stats or don't get an interview bash them because of their apparent numbers-obsession. But then the people who got interviews and went all fell in love with it.