pre-req completion and acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pidbull

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am going to be applying this cycle.
I am pretty sure you can apply without having your pre-reqs done, but can you get an acceptance without them?

The reason I ask is, I have not taken orgo2 and english pre-reqs, so I was planning to take atleast one of them next summer (so right before dental school would start).

So main question is, do schools put a hold on your appliation to send you the acceptance till you finish pre-reqs OR you get the acceptance on the condition that you have to finish pre-reqs before starting d-school.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty sure you are conditionally accepted under the assumption that you complete the pre-reqs before matriculating. I'm sure there's plenty of accepted people taking physics this semester ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
You can be accepted conditionally. Some schools require pre-reqs to be completed by mid-summer, so I would take them sooner instead of later.

You can be accepted conditionally. Some schools require pre-reqs to be completed by mid-summer, so I would take them sooner instead of later.

thanks!
mid summer is end of June?

im having the same situation where i should either take org 2 in the summer or the fall......so what ur guys are saying is that it is preferable to have all of the pre-req which are 8 crdt bio 16 chm and 8 phy and 6 english before applying for 2009 class?

Take orgo 2 this summer so that you can take the DAT in August. Physics and English you can take during your application year.