Got an interview in UOP! help please~~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happy egg

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,:)
I received an interview invitation from UOP. It will be on March 14. I know it's late, and as I know, the later, the more competitive.
I cherish this opportunity, and I really try to do well in the interview. Could people who have experiences tell me how to better prepare for the interview and links to helpful information are appreciated, too.
Thanks to all of you first.;)

Members don't see this ad.

I received an interview invitation from UOP. It will be on March 14. I know it's late, and as I know, the later, the more competitive.
I cherish this opportunity, and I really try to do well in the interview. Could people who have experiences tell me how to better prepare for the interview and links to helpful information are appreciated, too.

check out the interview feedback page
the questions there were really helpful for my interview at UOP
if u have more questions feel free to pm me

I would love nothing more than to give an individual applying to this school... but seeing as how I didn't get accepted, my advice may not be as "useful" as other advice. But, I can tell you what not to do: Don't NOT have any pharmacy experience.

Good luck! It really isn't that bad, and it can even be a fun day if you just relax and be yourself.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just relax and be yourself...dont worry about what they are going to ask you...everyone is very friendly ..you will do fine...I think you should find out how many people they have accepted and how many slots are left...you should post that here when you get that info...Also go to the threads where people wrote down their experiences at the interview....Good luck and I hope to see you there in the falll.....

Just relax and be yourself...dont worry about what they are going to ask you...everyone is very friendly ..you will do fine...I think you should find out how many people they have accepted and how many slots are left...you should post that here when you get that info...Also go to the threads where people wrote down their experiences at the interview....Good luck and I hope to see you there in the falll.....
Thanks for the info. I will write a review for sure. And I really hope I will be seeing you in the fall at UOP ^^y

By the way, what should I bring with me on that day besides a pen, a notebook? And do I have to dress up with a suit like going to a job interview (jeans, sportshoes not allowed)?

Thanks for the info. I will write a review for sure. And I really hope I will be seeing you in the fall at UOP ^^y

By the way, what should I bring with me on that day besides a pen, a notebook? And do I have to dress up with a suit like going to a job interview (jeans, sportshoes not allowed)?

Professional wear only!

They moved my interview date to this Friday!!! I'm so nervous.

Professional wear only!

They moved my interview date to this Friday!!! I'm so nervous.

whoa thats scary..why did they switch your interview date? did they give you an option?

Really, How were the interview and the essay? Do you find something that you wish have done?:)
:scared:

Out of fairness, I cant tell you anything about the types of questions you will be asked or the essay prompt. Just be your self. The thread here on this network is really good use it...You will do fine...alo wear a business suit...NO JEANS PLEASE

To really impress the interview committee I would practice Behavior based interview questions. Alot of interview committees are using them. Without any practice it could really hurt an applicant. I've been on two interviews and both asked about three or four behavior based questions.I got accepted to both schools and my stats are not the greatest. I think it was the interview that locked me into the open seats.
Examples:
Tell me a time when you had to use teamwork?
Tell me a time when you had to resolve a conflict?

In the interview, you want to be on top of your game and to answer these type questions with a well thought out answer only looks better.

My brother was a fellow at MD Anderson who interviewed the incomming fellows and his friend was on the admission boards for a COP in Texas. Both stressed the imporantace of BB questions. Try the STAR technique.
S:Situation
T:Task
A:Action
R:Result
If you goggle STAR may websites will show you how to use this technique. Good Luck!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
To really impress the interview committee I would practice Behavior based interview questions. Alot of interview committees are using them. Without any practice it could really hurt an applicant. I've been on two interviews and both asked about three or four behavior based questions.I got accepted to both schools and my stats are not the greatest. I think it was the interview that locked me into the open seats.
Examples:
Tell me a time when you had to use teamwork?
Tell me a time when you had to resolve a conflict?

In the interview, you want to be on top of your game and to answer these type questions with a well thought out answer only looks better.

My brother was a fellow at MD Anderson who interviewed the incomming fellows and his friend was on the admission boards for a COP in Texas. Both stressed the imporantace of BB questions. Try the STAR technique.
S:Situation
T:Task
A:Action
R:Result
If you goggle STAR may websites will show you how to use this technique. Good Luck!!!!

WOW, that's really helpful. Thank you so much for the info, Chelu55. I saw many behavior based questions in interview reviews, too.

I also concern what questions would be appropriate to ask them at the end of the interview. I might ask what internship opportunities are available to students through the school. Any suggestion?

do schools look at fall semester/quarter grades? or do they just look at it to satisfy prerequisites?

If possible I would try to ask more personal questions. Internships for pharmacy schools have to meet the requirements of all other school. So, you would have an intership in retail, hospital, ect..You want to make them think that you did alot of research on the school. I would look at what organizations they have and ask a question that relates to you.

Ex: I see that____ organization does alot with the community. I too work alot with the community and was courious on what types of work ____ it does?

Ex. I was wondering what kind of relation the COP has with graduates.

I wouldn't say it in these exact words but this was the first thing I thought of. Just make sure that you show passion in the school and show that you've done your research on the school. Try not to ask questions that may seem like you are comparing it to other schools.
Good luck!
If you have any further questions PM me at anytime.

Sorry,One more thing. In my personal opinion I would not ask the acceptance numbers and how many are left. AACP and PharmCAS shows the total number of seats. Plus, if you have an interview then there are still slots open. The people on this thread are correct. Just practice your interview questions and try to relax and you'll to fine. Just remember, if they asked you for an interview then they are interested in you. All you have to do is be yourself.

Good luck!!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

do schools look at fall semester/quarter grades? or do they just look at it to satisfy prerequisites?
In my case, they invite me for interview after I update my fall semester grades. I guess they do look at the grades.

Sorry,One more thing. In my personal opinion I would not ask the acceptance numbers and how many are left. AACP and PharmCAS shows the total number of seats. Plus, if you have an interview then there are still slots open. The people on this thread are correct. Just practice your interview questions and try to relax and you'll to fine. Just remember, if they asked you for an interview then they are interested in you. All you have to do is be yourself.

Good luck!!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Good to know the info. I am interested in knowing the number of availabel slots left, so I know not to ask.
Do you think I have to read many current pharmacy or health field related articles so I can be better off in writing the essay?

I would call the admissions office and ask whether the essay is pharmacy/healthcare related or general. My essay was general and was used to evaluate my writing skills.