female doctor = attractive to males?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

qualityhealth

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think it does...I can't help but fall for the premed chicks in my classes (only the smart, hot ones) what guy wouldn't want an intelligent girl? I have to admit though some of them are a neurotic, psycho, obsessive OCD mess

I was having a debate about this with one of my friends who is a girl..and she claims that guys are turned off that she just got into med school because they get intimidated. I just thought, wtf? I don't know about other guys, but I love girls who are beautiful and intelligent

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think it does...I can't help but fall for the premed chicks in my classes (only the smart, hot ones) what guy wouldn't want an intelligent girl? I have to admit though some of them are a neurotic, psycho, obsessive OCD mess

I was having a debate about this with one of my friends who is a girl..and she claims that guys are turned off that she just got into med school because they get intimidated. I just thought, wtf? I don't know about other guys, but I love girls who are beautiful and intelligent

I think it goes more towards character. An honest, intelligent, and well meaning person will always be attractive, no matter what career they decide to take up. However, I think you do have a valid point about guys who get turned off by a girl who gets into a better school or a higher-paying profession. Since applying to medical school is such a competitive process, I think guys are unconsciously turned off by a girl who are doing slightly better than they are.

A lot of it has to do with our current changing roles. Guys have traditionally been the provider while women have stayed home and raised families. Now that those roles have reversed, some guys feel that they are unwanted and as a result, a little insecure about their position. That being said, it also depends on personality. Some guys are totally laid back and don't care, others take it personally and feel inadequate. How they respond says a lot about their characeter.

Members don't see this ad :)
while i don't necessarily think being smart can compensate for lack of physical hotness, there is something about an intelligent, caring woman that i find incredibly hot :D

...intelligence and compassion for others do happen to be important characteristics for physicians. so, in conclusion, yeah doctor women=hot

This might be out of the scope of this conversation but what about the fact that a career in medicine implies a large time commitment? Probably not a consideration in college but for some of the older premeds (or even med students, residents and beyond), a woman having to commit so much to a career might imply a more difficult time in starting a family or simply maintaining a solid relationship. Obviously, many female doctors get around this, but that doesn't mean that some men aren't "scared off" along the way because of this concept.

If you are talking about a “serious” relationship here is my reply.

I truly wouldn’t want my spouse to be a physician, especially if I’m one. It’s not about who has more superiority or such, but about who will take care of the kids. If you get married to another doctor both of you will likely be busy all the time. If we’re both working crazy hours a week, we’ll have to get a babysitter: I’m totally against that. I’d prefer if my wife had a less demanding job. In my opinion, you’d have to look at these things before you get married.

My bf isn't turned off by my getting into medical school, but then again he is successful in another field (political consulting kinda stuff) and plans on attending law school.

Honestly, I think it works out well that we are doing well in different fields, as there is no feeling of competition. It's nice to be with someone intelligent, but we talk about a lot of silly things (our love of Americana, baseball stats).
Plus, he's a baby when he's sick, so he enjoys a little doctoring.

99% of pre-med girls in my courses are hideous weirdos. I don't think they are programmed to have interactions with the opposite sex either.

Reactions: 1 users
99% of pre-med girls in my courses are hideous weirdos. I don't think they are programmed to have interactions with the opposite sex either.

lol..I don't think they're hideous..I think that most of them are just too busy/indifferent to the way the look. I agree with you though, because of this reason their aren't a lot of good looking pre-meds! Hey, but that's why you should visit your school's nursing or education department one time...TEACHERS ARE HAWTTT!

If you are talking about a “serious” relationship here is my reply.

I truly wouldn’t want my spouse to be a physician, especially if I’m one. It’s not about who has more superiority or such, but about who will take care of the kids. If you get married to another doctor both of you will likely be busy all the time. If we’re both working crazy hours a week, we’ll have to get a babysitter: I’m totally against that. I’d prefer if my wife had a less demanding job. In my opinion, you’d have to look at these things before you get married.

i would want my spouse to be a physician. then i wouldnt have to worry about not making enough money as a primary care doc to pay off loans and all that. ill just marry somoene in neurosurgery or something :) and ill go into a field that allows me to be around more often than she is.

sorry man, i dont care if you are pre med, pre law, pre-X..... if you are neurotic, psycho, obsessive OCD mess....... c ya later. those are the ones i absolutely can not stand. either male or female. although you dont see very many neurotic male pre meds...at least at my school.

sure, beautiful and intelligent is a great combination but you can get that elsewhere besides med students. as soon as i find out someone is uptight, always stressed, neurotic....... i am ouuuuuuuuuuut.

Members don't see this ad :)
You said it yourself: it depends on her personality and her looks obviously.

I tend to avoid med students because, although there is a big variance in looks (ranging from really pretty to not so much...), most of them have somewhat unbearable personality traits. There are a few exceptions of course. The whole type A thing might be cute every now and then, but it grows old real fast.

Also medicine is not the only field where you can meet "smart" girls. That's kind of the whole elitist medical mentality that lots of people have. I know several people in medical school who aren't all that smart either...they can just memorize things on a list. When it comes time to apply the "knowledge" in a clinical setting and make a diagnosis, they crash..."uh...i don't know...lupus maybe?"

I'm dating a sweetheart math teacher who parallels me in every subject except biological sciences (because that's not her field) and whoops me in math and humanities (those were her majors). I can actually sit down and talk about anything with her, and she'll pick up on the topic in a second. And I actually know she does her job out of love of helping others...it certainly isn't for the money, that's for sure. It doesn't hurt that she's smoking hot either :D

You said it yourself: it depends on her personality and her looks obviously.

I tend to avoid med students because, although there is a big variance in looks (ranging from really pretty to not so much...), most of them have somewhat unbearable personality traits. There are a few exceptions of course. The whole type A thing might be cute every now and then, but it grows old real fast.

Also medicine is not the only field where you can meet "smart" girls. That's kind of the whole elitist medical mentality that lots of people have. I know several people in medical school who aren't all that smart either...they can just memorize things on a list. When it comes time to apply the "knowledge" in a clinical setting and make a diagnosis, they crash..."uh...i don't know...lupus maybe?"

I'm dating a sweetheart math teacher who parallels me in every subject except biological sciences (because that's not her field) and whoops me in math and humanities (those were her majors). I can actually sit down and talk about anything with her, and she'll pick up on the topic in a second. And I actually know she does her job out of love of helping others...it certainly isn't for the money, that's for sure. It doesn't hurt that she's smoking hot either :D
That her in your AV? If not, ban

no way does it turn me on - ill admit - there are SOME nice, good-looking, NORMAL girls in my class (maybe 2). but they're married. every other chick is neurotic, ugly, uber completive, and has a toxic personality.

luckily i married a cute teacher and love it. to all the future men in med school - BEWARE of the girls in med school! find someone your senior year in your undergrad because med school chicks suck! if you want a family-oriented, normal, decent looking, non-neurotic woman, don't count on med school!

in my experience premed girls are usually less neurotic and weird than their counterparts. More down-to-earth, too...

I need a sugar momma.... HaHa joking, kind of. But I think some guys are afraid that there gf/wife will make more money than they will.

Its amazing how differently certain guys treat me when they find out I am pre-med and got into med school. I think the only types of guys who aren't scared off are the ones who feel confident in their own abilities and don't feel threatened. For the most part (based on MOST pre-meds I know-and there are exceptions to every rule!) I don't see a relationship working out between two, all those neurotic idiosyncrasies would completely clash.

its a plus, but in no way does it make up for the physical attributes.

Eh, seems like it would get tiring really quick. I'd rather be with someone with a different career path.

papillioncarre

Last edited:
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL.....
I feel like a hideous weirdo the majority of the time I spend with my hair in a messy knot and my little brothers old t shirts cause all I want is comfort...but heres what I look like once I'm off campus...
papillioncarre

you look strangely like a broken link.

Being the competitive type, I wouldn't want my SO working in the same field as me. But I wouldn't mind having some fun with female classmates every now and then :p

hot smart chicks are out of my league.... so i don't even consider them.

IDK, OP.

What about the other side? Are the girls more likely to go for a pre-med/med stud?

Me, I want a trophy husband, and IDC what his field is if he'll raise the kids, but that's just me... :rolleyes:

ehh i don't feel like I would respect a guy who would be ok with that.

Surprised no one else has said this already, but...

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS.

I'm not sure that I'd want to marry a doctor, just because I want someone who has a different experience than I do. Most of the pre-meds (girls and otherwise) I've met are pretty much know what they know, which makes it difficult to have a conversation about topics other than bio.

Besides, since I'm going to lose every argument after I get married, I figure that I'll marry an Ivy-League doc so I can console myself with the fact that she's a well-trained (and hopefully smoking hot) litigator.

I searched pre-med chicks on google and this is what I got
ugly-woman-12424.jpg

SEXY!

in my experience premed girls are usually less neurotic and weird than their counterparts. More down-to-earth, too...

seriousy? ive had the complete opposit experience .

what about this scenario:

guy and girl come from same undergrad, were friends throughout the 4 years.... then go to same med school and start dating? i could see that happening. i think thatd be kinda cool.

chem major = hotness

there's something about a girl who knows her Grignard reagents that turns me on...

call me crazy.

Oh, I think your view is widely shared; your friend is just not meeting the right guys. The older the guys are, the more they love female med students. Tell your friend to do her third year rotations in a VA hospital, and she'll be beating the guys off with a stick. :p

i'm a girl & i agree with many on you about how a lot of pre-meds are neurotic (not just females). they scare me. i would have to say that the distribution for looks (male & female) tends to favor the extremes... either very attractive, or very not attractive.

chem major = hotness

there's something about a girl who knows her Grignard reagents that turns me on...

call me crazy.

its do bad that ACTUAL chem majors aren't that hot...

The hottes take kinesiology.

Yes! Intelligence>Looks... I have you blow off beautiful girls all the time because they are not smart. Female Doctor=HOT! :)

IDK... I'm a girl, pre-med obviously, and I never had any probs whatsoever meeting guys and getting dates. Of course now I've been with the same guy for almost 4 years (I met him my sophomore year) and it's been golden. :) He's in engineering so there isn't really a lot of competition between us and he makes plenty of money on his own so I don't think that will ever be an issue. I never dated other pre-meds because it just seems like a hassle. If you can manage not to compete against each other, then what happens if you both get accepted to different med schools across the country? Or what if one gets in and the other doesn't? Children and family are definitely an issue for women in medicine but it can be done and a lot of family support is essential.

Okay if you get a female pre-med girlfriend, this is what you will be getting:

M: Hey baby, it's friday night, let's turn in early yeah?
F: Hm.... you seemed to be experiencing some altered mental state. *taps on shoulder* ARE YOU OKAY?
M: Baby I'm just saying, no one's home except of us
F: Okay honey, what's the chief complaint?
M: I'm horny
F: Is this the first time you've had this or have you had this in the past?
M: Only with you, now comon baby, come to bed
F: hm... so this is a chronic problem. Let me open your airway
M: Hey what are you doing with my head, is this foreplay?
F: Okay, what symptoms are you experiencing
M: Honey comon, I'm all excited... you know, down there
F: Priapism, i see... Do you have any allergies? taking medications? When was the last time you ate?...
M: Honey! what does this have to do with anything?
F: Have you had a past history with this?
M: Okay I'm not in the mood anymore...
F: Wait Come back, I need to take your vitals and do a detailed physical! Honey!! Don't walk around without a c-spine!

Okay if you get a female pre-med girlfriend, this is what you will be getting:

M: Hey baby, it's friday night, let's turn in early yeah?
F: Hm.... you seemed to be experiencing some altered mental state. *taps on shoulder* ARE YOU OKAY?
M: Baby I'm just saying, no one's home except of us
F: Okay honey, what's the chief complaint?
M: I'm horny
F: Is this the first time you've had this or have you had this in the past?
M: Only with you, now comon baby, come to bed
F: hm... so this is a chronic problem. Let me open your airway
M: Hey what are you doing with my head, is this foreplay?
F: Okay, what symptoms are you experiencing
M: Honey comon, I'm all excited... you know, down there
F: Priapism, i see... Do you have any allergies? taking medications? When was the last time you ate?...
M: Honey! what does this have to do with anything?
F: Have you had a past history with this?
M: Okay I'm not in the mood anymore...
F: Wait Come back, I need to take your vitals and do a detailed physical! Honey!! Don't walk around without a c-spine!

Haha, kinda reminds of something that was on an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm

Personally, I am a bit weary of premed girls. Lots of them have emotional problems. I dont need to deal with that ****.

I don't think there's a difference between female docs, and other categories of smart, motivated, upward climbing girls. In all cases you definitely have a higher percentage of self-absorbtion and social awkwardness, and a lower percentage of knockout good-looks, but you can definitely find a winner.

That said, I'm definitely willing to be a part-time doc/full time dad if my wife was an MD and at a point in her career where she needed to put in more time, so long as it was a time-being thing.

IDK... I'm a girl, pre-med obviously, and I never had any probs whatsoever meeting guys and getting dates. Of course now I've been with the same guy for almost 4 years (I met him my sophomore year) and it's been golden. :) He's in engineering so there isn't really a lot of competition between us and he makes plenty of money on his own so I don't think that will ever be an issue. I never dated other pre-meds because it just seems like a hassle. If you can manage not to compete against each other, then what happens if you both get accepted to different med schools across the country? Or what if one gets in and the other doesn't? Children and family are definitely an issue for women in medicine but it can be done and a lot of family support is essential.

i know numerous people who have relationships while going to different medical schools. Its only a few years, a time in which (from what i hear) you probably wouldn't get to see each other much anyways even if you went to the same medical school. The competition is definately the biggest issue with people who have relationships in the same field, so maybe it would even be better if you and your bf/gf went to different medical schools.

Personally, I am a bit weary of premed girls. Lots of them have emotional problems. I dont need to deal with that ****.

I started laughing when i read this. my experience has been completely opposite. Most pre-med girls I know are pretty down to earth, and the guys are emotional/social trainwrecks.

i dont know about anyone else, but my boyfriend secretly wants to be a stay at home dad. i don't think he minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.