Does religious classes = behavioral science for requirements?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

engineeredout

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title says it all. I'm specifically wondering about lecom-erie but this can apply to other schools as well. It would be kickass if it did.

Members don't see this ad.

Behavioral Science
Anthropology
Community Health
Criminal Justice
Educational Psychology
Ethnic Studies
Human Sexuality
Marriage/Family
Personal Health
Physiological Ethics
Psychology
Social Science
Social Work/Sociology

Other Non-Science
Acting
Agriculture
Archeology
Art
Bioethics
Business
Communications
Cultural Geography
Economics
Education
Emergency Med-Tech
Ethics
First Aid
Foreign Language
Forestry
Geography
Government
Health/Personal Hygiene
History
Humanities
Law
Logic
Medical Terminology
Military Science
Music
Nursing
Occupational Therapy
Philosophy
Physical Education
Physical Therapy
Political Science
Public Health
Public Speaking
Religion
Respiratory Therapy
Social Ethics
Speech
Speech Pathology
Teaching Science
Theater
Theology
Word Processing

Nope.

Members don't see this ad :)
It might depend on the school, but I know that at the University of Nevada, they do not accept religious classes for their behavioral science requirement.

Yeah, I'd definitely ask the school. But I imagine many/most of them go by AACOMAS classifications.

Bah that sucks. Schools keep differing on what they'll take for behavioral sciences. For example, LECOM takes philosophy.

I already expected having to take another behavioral science course next semester though. I was just daydreaming during another class today and remembered a class on eastern religions that I took like three years ago, and was wondering if I could use it.

Can someone explain to me how "Ethnic studies" counts as behavioral science but religion does not? If I took a course on judism would that count as ethnic studies? It would certainly seem to in Israel. This category is just so subjective.

Give em a call. They're still in the office, probably.

And yeah, the overlap between "ethnicity" and "religion" is very strongly correlated in many instances. You might be able to convince the dean.

Title says it all. I'm specifically wondering about lecom-erie but this can apply to other schools as well. It would be kickass if it did.

I took enough religious classes to have a minor in religious studies, but LECOM was hesitant to even suggest they MIGHT count them. Shoot, I took a leadership development course and LECOM was hesitant to accept it. :smuggrin:

I took enough religious classes to have a minor in religious studies, but LECOM was hesitant to even suggest they MIGHT count them. Shoot, I took a leadership development course and LECOM was hesitant to accept it. :smuggrin:

Religious studies courses are awesome. I woulda been a minor if I had realized it sooner...

Bah that sucks. Schools keep differing on what they'll take for behavioral sciences. For example, LECOM takes philosophy.

I already expected having to take another behavioral science course next semester though. I was just daydreaming during another class today and remembered a class on eastern religions that I took like three years ago, and was wondering if I could use it.

Can someone explain to me how "Ethnic studies" counts as behavioral science but religion does not? If I took a course on judism would that count as ethnic studies? It would certainly seem to in Israel. This category is just so subjective.

As a fellow engineer, I feel your pain. If I get into LECOM and accept it, I will have to hurry up and finish 6 credits of this stuff. I will be doing it online or IDL, I refuse to drive an hour each to the U for this stuff.

Are Public Health courses considered "Community Health"?

Are Public Health courses considered "Community Health"?

Probably.

I got a few women's studies classes to count as behavorial science. It just took a phone call to get it done.

Probably.

I got a few women's studies classes to count as behavorial science. It just took a phone call to get it done.

Same here, I had to make a few phone calls to get some random class of mine to count - you may need to submit the syllabus of the class to specific school. A lot of these schools understand the behavioral science req. can be hard to fulfill and will work with you to satisfy it!