Does religious classes = behavioral science for requirements?

Chocolate Bear

Moderizzle Fo'Shizzle!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 7, 2008
The Only Place I Wanna Be
    Behavioral Science
    Anthropology
    Community Health
    Criminal Justice
    Educational Psychology
    Ethnic Studies
    Human Sexuality
    Marriage/Family
    Personal Health
    Physiological Ethics
    Psychology
    Social Science
    Social Work/Sociology

Other Non-Science
    Acting
    Agriculture
    Archeology
    Art
    Bioethics
    Business
    Communications
    Cultural Geography
    Economics
    Education
    Emergency Med-Tech
    Ethics
    First Aid
    Foreign Language
    Forestry
    Geography
    Government
    Health/Personal Hygiene
    History
    Humanities
    Law
    Logic
    Medical Terminology
    Military Science
    Music
    Nursing
    Occupational Therapy
    Philosophy
    Physical Education
    Physical Therapy
    Political Science
    Public Health
    Public Speaking
    Religion
    Respiratory Therapy
    Social Ethics
    Speech
    Speech Pathology
    Teaching Science
    Theater
    Theology
    Word Processing

Nope.

About the Ads

engineeredout

10+ Year Member
    May 11, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    1. Attending Physician
      Yeah, I'd definitely ask the school. But I imagine many/most of them go by AACOMAS classifications.

Bah that sucks. Schools keep differing on what they'll take for behavioral sciences. For example, LECOM takes philosophy.

I already expected having to take another behavioral science course next semester though. I was just daydreaming during another class today and remembered a class on eastern religions that I took like three years ago, and was wondering if I could use it.

Can someone explain to me how "Ethnic studies" counts as behavioral science but religion does not? If I took a course on judism would that count as ethnic studies? It would certainly seem to in Israel. This category is just so subjective.

stonewall22

10+ Year Member
      Jul 22, 2008
      1. Pre-Medical
        Title says it all. I'm specifically wondering about lecom-erie but this can apply to other schools as well. It would be kickass if it did.

I took enough religious classes to have a minor in religious studies, but LECOM was hesitant to even suggest they MIGHT count them. Shoot, I took a leadership development course and LECOM was hesitant to accept it. :smuggrin:

RySerr21

i aint kinda hot Im sauna
        10+ Year Member
        Dec 22, 2007
        1. Fellow [Any Field]
          I took enough religious classes to have a minor in religious studies, but LECOM was hesitant to even suggest they MIGHT count them. Shoot, I took a leadership development course and LECOM was hesitant to accept it. :smuggrin:

Religious studies courses are awesome. I woulda been a minor if I had realized it sooner...

Deepa100

10+ Year Member
          Aug 24, 2006
            Bah that sucks. Schools keep differing on what they'll take for behavioral sciences. For example, LECOM takes philosophy.

I already expected having to take another behavioral science course next semester though. I was just daydreaming during another class today and remembered a class on eastern religions that I took like three years ago, and was wondering if I could use it.

Can someone explain to me how "Ethnic studies" counts as behavioral science but religion does not? If I took a course on judism would that count as ethnic studies? It would certainly seem to in Israel. This category is just so subjective.

As a fellow engineer, I feel your pain. If I get into LECOM and accept it, I will have to hurry up and finish 6 credits of this stuff. I will be doing it online or IDL, I refuse to drive an hour each to the U for this stuff.

chewsnuffles

is a series of tubes
            10+ Year Member
            Apr 9, 2006
            Seattle, WA
            1. Pre-Medical
              Probably.

I got a few women's studies classes to count as behavorial science. It just took a phone call to get it done.

Same here, I had to make a few phone calls to get some random class of mine to count - you may need to submit the syllabus of the class to specific school. A lot of these schools understand the behavioral science req. can be hard to fulfill and will work with you to satisfy it!

About the Ads
              This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.