What do you do for fun, and why?

Started by Fakesmile
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I like reading, latch hooking, jet skiing if I have the money to, baking and cooking
 
guitar, ballet, cooking, professional drummer for guitar hero world tour

I just tried the World Tour drums over Christmas...and whoa! I think I am going to stick to the guitar/bass and vocals until I can sneak some practice in, for the sake of my pride 🙂
 
Run.
Piano.
Surf the web.
Blast sweet music in the car.
Go to concerts.
FOOD!
Hang out with my Girlfriend.
Party with my friends.
Go to SDN and make myself more nervous for my future than I already am.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cook
Play wii (esp. guitar hero... World tour is lots of fun)
Board sports
Basketball

And... why?

Because I enjoy them.
 
I go to hockey games, both pro and college, usually at least twice a week because I love my teams and really enjoy the games. 🙂
 
you do ballet too? to what extent?

I did it throughout middle school and high school (all the way to pointe of course) along with tap, jazz, etc.
Moved to a school where no studios were around so I had to drop it for two years.
Picked up it again since I transferred to a new location. Now I just take adult classes for fun. I miss pointe though.
 
cook, tennis, golf, run, rollerblade, work on car/bike, interneting, tv/movies, video games, chess, guitar, paint, listen to music, dine-out, drink a good beer or wine, travel, learn random new things, plot world domination...I do these things because they are either enjoyable, relaxing or both.
 
what's fun? 😀

ballet, writing, mess around on the web (yes even pubmed), reading. i have to get back into doing stuff, work and academics are a major time/energy suck.
 
Pole vault...🙂

Foster dogs from a shelter...so...playing with them.

Volleyball.

Hanging out with friends.
 
summer:
basketball, golf, running, outdoor beer pong, bonfires, beaches, and pickup softball games.

winter:
basketball and movies

yea winter sucks here in michigan haha
 
When it's warm I work on my car. In the winter I basically sleep in the day and go out to the bars at night.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I like to play tyrannosaurus rex-mounted laser tag with the long-lost people of Atlantis.
I took a photo last time we played...

566740641_l.jpg
 
Salsa, karate, jiu-jitsu, reading, outdoors stuff, nintendo/video games, clubbing, movies
 
Play piano. Read books, mostly old school sci-fi (currently working on the Foundation trilogy). Watch cheesy horror movies (Creature from the Haunted Sea, ftw) and in the summer, lots of swimming. Its hot here in Vegas.
 
I did it throughout middle school and high school (all the way to pointe of course) along with tap, jazz, etc.
Moved to a school where no studios were around so I had to drop it for two years.
Picked up it again since I transferred to a new location. Now I just take adult classes for fun. I miss pointe though.
yeah.. me too. I am actually taking a pointe class next semester but I have not been on pointe in sooo long! and the class is "intermediate to advanced" so we'll see how it goes.

what's fun? 😀

ballet, writing, mess around on the web (yes even pubmed), reading. i have to get back into doing stuff, work and academics are a major time/energy suck.

Salsa, karate, jiu-jitsu, reading, outdoors stuff, nintendo/video games, clubbing, movies

i love that we have dancers here 😍
 
Listen to/write/perform music (trombone and piano), play racquetball and basketball, watch movies and tv, play video games on occasion, socialize, go to football/basketball games.

Whatever floats my boat/tickles my fancy, basically.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I lift weights and read mags about working out etc, play music (try to!), hang out with friends and have a few brewski's, and I put shirtless pictures of myself on SDN and see whether if pisses off people or not ; \