What do you do for fun, and why?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guitar, alcohol, women. Are their other things in life?

Members don't see this ad.

I like to go to the gym, and play XBOX Live FIFA 2009, but its not fun when you just lost 5 straight 1 goal games :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

-Theatre - because I'm addicted
-Martial Arts - because I feel like a bum if I don't train
-Writing for an Online Magazine - because I don't get a strong enough fashion fix in medical school
-Writing plays/screenplays - because I've been doing it for most of my life
-My Documentary - because medicine isn't just about treating people, it's about outreach and education, as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I do 8-bit paintings. My friend inspired me, so every now and then I try to do one of my own. I started off with a Bubble Bobble painting for my girlfriend and right now I'm working on Sonic.

Attachments

• BBSDN.jpg
    BBSDN.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 108
  • SonicSDN.JPG
    SonicSDN.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 101
- wrestling, submission wrestling
- boxing, muay thai
- lifting heavy weights for strength (really just squatting and deadlifting and any westside barbell powerlifting stuff)
- chasing girls

I used to play videogames but I've kind of stopped. I for some reason see it as a waste of time and I'd rather be in the gym or on the mat. That's a shame too because in the start of this year I was so excited for all the games coming out..gears of war 2, fall out 3, far cry 2..and now I just don't care. My xbox is more or less a $400 paperweight. I should sell it or something..

Go running
Hang out with the family/dog/friends
Play 360/Wii
Read
Try to learn guitar :laugh:
Watch TV shows (don't really watch TV much, just shows on DVD/download)

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009...I love that game...i'm unbeatable!!

Members don't see this ad :)
bball, surfing, video games, movies, reading

pretty boring and generic :\

I read, play tennis, work out, watch movies, listen to music, learn random new skills. Why? For fun.............

I've been playing for about 5 years now, entering tournaments here and there. I've also learnt that using the word "frolf" is very frowned upon by the pros (got a lecture from one after I used it warming up for a doubles tourny :oops:); any of you guys notice this?

Anyways, my activities, in no particular order:

-guitar
-trumpet
-disc golf
-ultimate frisbee
-footbag (extra credit for anyone who knows what this is)
-TV/internet
-hanging out with friends

That's all I can think of right now. :laugh:

Fencing and Capoeira! :)

I've been playing for about 5 years now, entering tournaments here and there. I've also learnt that using the word "frolf" is very frowned upon by the pros (got a lecture from one after I used it warming up for a doubles tourny :oops:); any of you guys notice this?

Definitely. I've played for a couple years, and even my friends will give me crap for saying "frolf." I don't dare say it around the pros, though.

Painting, Rock Climbing, Yoga, Drawing, Writing, Hiking, Movies, finding new music, eating, cooking, sleeping, reading

Rock wall climbing, cooking, running, surfing the internet, reading

Work out at gym, horseback riding, photography.

This thread made me realize that I have very little free time anymore, I haven't gotten to do much except for working out recently. On the weekends I'm usually catching up on housework or volunteering on Sundays.

During the semester, I spend whatever leisure time I have doing a 4-6 mile run or at the gym. Both excellent stress burners and helps keep the mind focused.
Also, when off semester, I have a bit more time so I do what I love doing the most: working with my hands and building scale models of cars. Here are some images of my recent project, can anyone name the car?

IMAGE_046.jpg

IMAGE_042.jpg

IMAGE_047-1.jpg

That was just a test fit and its far from completion. I've done everything from painting to sanding and glossing it. as well as putting it together. thats close to 100 pieces right there.

I do a couple things fairly consistently:

Bowling - I've been bowling since 4th grade and ended up taking it on at my high school. I became captain my junior year and ended my senior year with a 210 average. I still try to get to the alley any chance I get while at school. Why I do it? It's enjoyable both as a group activity and at the competitive level.

DJing - I have a radio show at my college's station that I've held since freshman year. I do it because I have great passion for music, especially turntablism and mixing electronic music.

I play rugby becaus its f'in bad ass.

-I enjoy running! It's a new hobby -- ran my first 5k this past month! many more to go.
-I write short stories
-freelance journalism
-Career Advising (It's my job, but I have fun doing it)
-listening to my friends' problems
-movies/music

Also, when off semester, I have a bit more time so I do what I love doing the most: working with my hands and building scale models of cars. Here are some images of my recent project, can anyone name the car?

IMAGE_047-1.jpg

That was just a test fit and its far from completion. I've done everything from painting to sanding and glossing it. as well as putting it together. thats close to 100 pieces right there.

Looks nice! I used to build model cars too. I'm not entirely sure of the make, but it looks like a Porsche?

Go-kart racing, cars, music, looking at goodlooking men.

During the semester, I spend whatever leisure time I have doing a 4-6 mile run or at the gym. Both excellent stress burners and helps keep the mind focused.

IMAGE_046.jpg

IMAGE_042.jpg

IMAGE_047-1.jpg

Ferrari FXX?

Fly, Read, Sex, Madden 09, Football, Movies, Travel

I went rock climbing the yesterday....

New Years Resolution 1: make sure the soles of your shoes aren't completely worn BEFORE you get to the top of the rocks. I have no idea how I got down

rockclimb1-1.jpg
rockclimb3-1.jpg

Ferrari FXX?

Close. Its not a Porsche

Its actually the Ferrari Enzo. i didn't want to paint it with the ubiquitous red, so I decided to go with black :)

I went rock climbing the yesterday....

New Years Resolution 1: make sure the soles of your shoes aren't completely worn BEFORE you get to the top of the rocks. I have no idea how I got down

rockclimb1-1.jpg
rockclimb3-1.jpg

That is pretty awesome! I wanna pick up rock climbing, but haven't had the time.

Snowboard
Bike
Music
Friends
Swim
Concerts

Study for the MCATS... LOL jk

Writing poems relieves a lot of stress. Also sex but I mean that's just casual.

I'm trying to get better at running, as it really helps with stress. I also write in my journal and read, mostly English mystery novels.

I run and lift a lot. Nothing quite like the feeling you get from a good couple hours pumping iron. Listen to music, read, play video games on occasion. I feel like I need more hobbies. I've been trying to grow bonsai trees but they keep dying on me. :(

Running (marathons) - relieves stress/great feeling of accomplishment (runner's high)
Work on my car - because its just fun
EAT! - because food tastes soo good!

Basketball
Football
Softball/Baseball
A lil bit of Soccer
Swimming

I do em mostly for stress relief and the challenge of competition. I especially like the team sports cuz you can do em with friends and meet tons of people doing em.