You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
What do you do for fun, and why?
Started by Fakesmile
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I like to go to the gym, and play XBOX Live FIFA 2009, but its not fun when you just lost 5 straight 1 goal games 😡😡😡😡😡
-Theatre - because I'm addicted
-Martial Arts - because I feel like a bum if I don't train
-Writing for an Online Magazine - because I don't get a strong enough fashion fix in medical school
-Writing plays/screenplays - because I've been doing it for most of my life
-My Documentary - because medicine isn't just about treating people, it's about outreach and education, as well.
-Martial Arts - because I feel like a bum if I don't train
-Writing for an Online Magazine - because I don't get a strong enough fashion fix in medical school
-Writing plays/screenplays - because I've been doing it for most of my life
-My Documentary - because medicine isn't just about treating people, it's about outreach and education, as well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
- wrestling, submission wrestling
- boxing, muay thai
- lifting heavy weights for strength (really just squatting and deadlifting and any westside barbell powerlifting stuff)
- chasing girls
I used to play videogames but I've kind of stopped. I for some reason see it as a waste of time and I'd rather be in the gym or on the mat. That's a shame too because in the start of this year I was so excited for all the games coming out..gears of war 2, fall out 3, far cry 2..and now I just don't care. My xbox is more or less a $400 paperweight. I should sell it or something..
- boxing, muay thai
- lifting heavy weights for strength (really just squatting and deadlifting and any westside barbell powerlifting stuff)
- chasing girls
I used to play videogames but I've kind of stopped. I for some reason see it as a waste of time and I'd rather be in the gym or on the mat. That's a shame too because in the start of this year I was so excited for all the games coming out..gears of war 2, fall out 3, far cry 2..and now I just don't care. My xbox is more or less a $400 paperweight. I should sell it or something..
frolfing
Rock climbing
Playing Wii
Shooting/building guns
Trying new kinds of beer
Darts
Whatever my wife drags me to
Playing Wii
Shooting/building guns
Trying new kinds of beer
Darts
Whatever my wife drags me to
2
236116
nobody does sdn for fun.
i lol'd.
i lol'd.
👍 if only it was summer.
Oh, I go snow frolfing. It's a blast. Keep an eye on your disc, though.
Whatever my wife drags me to
This statement, right next to your avatar, seriously cracked me up.
bball, surfing, video games, movies, reading
pretty boring and generic :\
pretty boring and generic :\
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Warhawk for PS3
Warhawk for PS3
oh SNAP me too bro
i just take the tank and camp the respawns
frolfing
I've been playing for about 5 years now, entering tournaments here and there. I've also learnt that using the word "frolf" is very frowned upon by the pros (got a lecture from one after I used it warming up for a doubles tourny 😳); any of you guys notice this?
Anyways, my activities, in no particular order:
-guitar
-trumpet
-disc golf
-ultimate frisbee
-footbag (extra credit for anyone who knows what this is)
-TV/internet
-hanging out with friends
That's all I can think of right now.

I've been playing for about 5 years now, entering tournaments here and there. I've also learnt that using the word "frolf" is very frowned upon by the pros (got a lecture from one after I used it warming up for a doubles tourny 😳); any of you guys notice this?
Definitely. I've played for a couple years, and even my friends will give me crap for saying "frolf." I don't dare say it around the pros, though.
Rock wall climbing, cooking, running, surfing the internet, reading
Work out at gym, horseback riding, photography.
This thread made me realize that I have very little free time anymore, I haven't gotten to do much except for working out recently. On the weekends I'm usually catching up on housework or volunteering on Sundays.
This thread made me realize that I have very little free time anymore, I haven't gotten to do much except for working out recently. On the weekends I'm usually catching up on housework or volunteering on Sundays.
During the semester, I spend whatever leisure time I have doing a 4-6 mile run or at the gym. Both excellent stress burners and helps keep the mind focused.
Also, when off semester, I have a bit more time so I do what I love doing the most: working with my hands and building scale models of cars. Here are some images of my recent project, can anyone name the car?
That was just a test fit and its far from completion. I've done everything from painting to sanding and glossing it. as well as putting it together. thats close to 100 pieces right there.
Also, when off semester, I have a bit more time so I do what I love doing the most: working with my hands and building scale models of cars. Here are some images of my recent project, can anyone name the car?
That was just a test fit and its far from completion. I've done everything from painting to sanding and glossing it. as well as putting it together. thats close to 100 pieces right there.
I do a couple things fairly consistently:
Bowling - I've been bowling since 4th grade and ended up taking it on at my high school. I became captain my junior year and ended my senior year with a 210 average. I still try to get to the alley any chance I get while at school. Why I do it? It's enjoyable both as a group activity and at the competitive level.
DJing - I have a radio show at my college's station that I've held since freshman year. I do it because I have great passion for music, especially turntablism and mixing electronic music.
Bowling - I've been bowling since 4th grade and ended up taking it on at my high school. I became captain my junior year and ended my senior year with a 210 average. I still try to get to the alley any chance I get while at school. Why I do it? It's enjoyable both as a group activity and at the competitive level.
DJing - I have a radio show at my college's station that I've held since freshman year. I do it because I have great passion for music, especially turntablism and mixing electronic music.
-I enjoy running! It's a new hobby -- ran my first 5k this past month! many more to go.
-I write short stories
-freelance journalism
-Career Advising (It's my job, but I have fun doing it)
-listening to my friends' problems
-movies/music
-I write short stories
-freelance journalism
-Career Advising (It's my job, but I have fun doing it)
-listening to my friends' problems
-movies/music
Also, when off semester, I have a bit more time so I do what I love doing the most: working with my hands and building scale models of cars. Here are some images of my recent project, can anyone name the car?
![]()
That was just a test fit and its far from completion. I've done everything from painting to sanding and glossing it. as well as putting it together. thats close to 100 pieces right there.
Looks nice! I used to build model cars too. I'm not entirely sure of the make, but it looks like a Porsche?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ferrari FXX?During the semester, I spend whatever leisure time I have doing a 4-6 mile run or at the gym. Both excellent stress burners and helps keep the mind focused.
Also, when off semester, I have a bit more time so I do what I love doing the most: working with my hands and building scale models of cars. Here are some images of my recent project, can anyone name the car?
![]()
![]()
![]()
That was just a test fit and its far from completion. I've done everything from painting to sanding and glossing it. as well as putting it together. thats close to 100 pieces right there.
Fly, Read, Sex, Madden 09, Football, Movies, Travel
Ferrari FXX?
Close. Its not a Porsche
Its actually the Ferrari Enzo. i didn't want to paint it with the ubiquitous red, so I decided to go with black 🙂
I went rock climbing the yesterday....
New Years Resolution 1: make sure the soles of your shoes aren't completely worn BEFORE you get to the top of the rocks. I have no idea how I got down
![]()
![]()
That is pretty awesome! I wanna pick up rock climbing, but haven't had the time.
Me and my best friend play pool 🙂 The competition is fun![]()
Second that. There are few things more satisfying than running the table on someone.
Writing poems relieves a lot of stress. Also sex but I mean that's just casual.
I'm trying to get better at running, as it really helps with stress. I also write in my journal and read, mostly English mystery novels.
korean folk music tradition - pungmul
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pungmul
mostly playing the instruments
reading 20th century history
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pungmul
mostly playing the instruments
reading 20th century history
CrossFit FTW
Basketball
Football
Softball/Baseball
A lil bit of Soccer
Swimming
I do em mostly for stress relief and the challenge of competition. I especially like the team sports cuz you can do em with friends and meet tons of people doing em.
Football
Softball/Baseball
A lil bit of Soccer
Swimming
I do em mostly for stress relief and the challenge of competition. I especially like the team sports cuz you can do em with friends and meet tons of people doing em.