2009-2010 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shemarty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
PROMPT

In which service activity that you listed on the AMCAS application do you feel made the most impact on someone else? Briefly elaborate (3-5 sentences).

Which service activity had the most impact on you? Briefly elaborate (3-5 sentences).

Personal Comments (Complete if you have additional comments or something specific to say to the school):

LOR REQUIREMENT

Complete the name of the school and the Premedical Committee Chairperson; or if using a letter service either by mail or Virtual Evals, Interfolio, PDFs or emails, complete the name of the school and indicate you are using a letter service.

If your institution does not have a Premedical Committee, or if you did not use the services of the Premedical Committee, or if your school does not have a letter service then have 2 evaluators, one science, one non-science send letters of recommendation for you to AMCAS including your name and AMCAS ID. List the name of each evaluator and the name of the school, on the secondary application for us.

OR If you have completed your undergraduate education, please list the names of evaluators, one from science, one from non-science, from each of your most recent educational and/or full-time employment experiences that you have sent or will be sending to AMCAS including your name and AMCAS ID.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Ignore this thread for now. I'm sorry it's cluttering the forum. :(

I know it's too early for this. but I'm making all the school-specific threads now so I can link them to the main index thread, so everything's ready to go for the 2009-2010 application season :) I'd rather do it all in one sitting than try to spread the work out over the upcoming months.

So bear with me, and I apologize again for the clutter. These threads will move off the front page really soon, so you can really ignore them until the summer.

............ you already got into med school. leave this to another aspiring gunner. come on!! stop being so selfish!

............ you already got into med school. leave this to another aspiring gunner. come on!! stop being so selfish!

Since when were gunners helpful to their peers?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey fellow Wake Forest Applicants!

So I did some research on secondaries this morning and here is what I found:

Wake Forest's secondary is available via email (I think... couldn't really tell from the website). There is a screen for applicants. More info can be found here. Just for reference, last year someone posted the secondary prompts on July 9th. Post whenever you hear anything. :)

Best of luck this year. :luck:

ksmi, why are you wasting your time and money applying to Wake? If you didn't notice, you're in the 99.9 percentile of applicants there. Hell, you're in the 99% of schools that blow Wake out of the water.

lol competing against kissme makes me want to take it off my list no chance :(

Withdraw at once, Kiss me. Give us mortals a chance.:mad:

A friend's going here, she really really liked it. Any idea how much of their class gets in through the Early Assurance program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi fellow Wake applicants. :hello: Guess I have a new thread to subscribe to.

hey guys, fellow wake forester here (will attend for class 2014)...please let me know if you have any questions on secondary, interview, etc!

i'm not from north carolina, but loved wake forest--everything you want in a medical school

hey guys, fellow wake forester here (will attend for class 2014)...please let me know if you have any questions on secondary, interview, etc!

i'm not from north carolina, but loved wake forest--everything you want in a medical school
Are you deferring? Hopefully I get an interview out there and I can come back here to ask you some questions about how your interview went in a couple months.

Are you deferring? Hopefully I get an interview out there and I can come back here to ask you some questions about how your interview went in a couple months.

Yes, I was selected off the Early Assurance. Good luck!

I heard the interviews are crazy here. Like a couple 15 minute ones. Sounds like not enough time to make a lasting impression to me.

I heard the interviews are crazy here. Like a couple 15 minute ones. Sounds like not enough time to make a lasting impression to me.

Hmmmm, not crazy ... but different. You have three 15-minute interviews with three different faculty members. It's good because if you have a hard time "clicking" with one interviewer, you still have 2 more :) But you really have to be efficient in what you say (time flies when you're having fun!)

Three 15 minute sessions are plenty for me.

Only 15 minutes? That seems soooo short!!!
that sounds like a job interview to me. They'll end with an "anything else?", and then you fill in the blanks. It's not that hard--whats worse is having a 30 minute interview and then having nothing to say after 15.

that sounds like a job interview to me. They'll end with an "anything else?", and then you fill in the blanks. It's not that hard--whats worse is having a 30 minute interview and then having nothing to say after 15.

Yeah, I'm not really complaining. I just think it's weird.

It is different and it forces you to prepare for the interview in a different way since each interview short.

But I actually thought 15 minutes was just enough time so you always had the conversation rolling and there was never a "so what else" moment.

I wish all interviews were 15 minutes. I like em short and sweet.

For anyone preparing for the secondaries that will come out soon, these were last years questions. Just something to think about for a couple of weeks before the actual secondaries are sent.

1) In which service activity that you listed on the AMCAS application do you feel made the most impact on someone else? Briefly elaborate (3-5 sentences).

2) Which service activity had the most impact on you? Briefly elaborate (3-5 sentences)

Does any one know when the secondary came out last year? I am at work and just don't feel like looking it up.

Does any one know when the secondary came out last year? I am at work and just don't feel like looking it up.
last year the 1st post was 7/9/2008 so im guessing around there. They do screen 1st so id assume it takes a little more time then most.

last year the 1st post was 7/9/2008 so im guessing around there. They do screen 1st so id assume it takes a little more time then most.

Does any one know anything about their screening process, like the details of what they look at?

Does any one know anything about their screening process, like the details of what they look at?
well according to a med student from last years thread at wake forest it seems theres no real rhyme or reason to how they choose. It seems theres no real numbers cut off...if they like your primary you will get a secondary if not you are out...maybe someone who goes there can come verify...just posting what i read.

Hey propel1, I'm thinking about applying to the early assurance program at Wake as well, any tips/advice? What were your stats when you applied and were accepted?

I had above a 3.8 with varying activities. A 3.5 is required each semester and if you are involved @ your school and have terrific LORs, you have a great shot!

Last edited:
Last year, the first person got one on July 9th. So hopefully soon.

I seriously do hope they come out soon. I have no secondaries right now, so I just keep sitting at my computer checking my email. I just want one or two to keep me busy.

I had above a 3.8 with varying activities. A 3.5 is required each semester and if you are involved @ your school and have terrific LORs, you have a great shot!

Is this true? we need at least 3.5 for every year?

If you're that bored, you can do my UVA secondary for me. :p

If I got really bored I could look up the secondaries from last year and start working on them. Even though they most likely won't change, I just can't bring myself to do that.

If I got really bored I could look up the secondaries from last year and start working on them. Even though they most likely won't change, I just can't bring myself to do that.

I'm still sitting on secondaries. You must be bored.

just got an email saying they received my app and are reviewing it...apparently in 1-2 weeks i should have a decision on whether or not i get a secondary. Guess its starting.

just got an email saying they received my app and are reviewing it...apparently in 1-2 weeks i should have a decision on whether or not i get a secondary. Guess its starting.
Just got it too. July's going to be a hell of a month.

I got an email. Is this a secondary?

I got an email. Is this a secondary?
it shouldnt be. My email starts out like this "
Your application for the next entering class has been received from the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS). Our office will contact you when further information is required.

If you wish to see the status of your application, click on this URL (Please Note: this is not our Secondary Application, its only a link to check the status of your application):"

This should be the email you got, though you may have gotten a secondary email in addition to this :shrug:

I also got this email today... I think they enjoy sending us something telling us to wait more lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.