You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 Wake Forest University Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
haha yah i bet they get a kick out of it. Congratulations Mr. X...wake forest has decided too!!!!!!!!do nothing and make you wait more for us. Once again congratulations and thank you for applying to wake forest university 😛I love these emails. I get all excited, then BAM! Nothing...Oh well, at least those few moments of joy were worth the let down.
Got notification that they have my primary today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That email was almost cold and rude... especially coming right after Mount Sinai's warm one. No thank you, no good wishes, no nothing. Just, "don't call us."
Hahaha, that's exactly how I read them. Mount Sinai's had me feeling pretty good, and Wake Forest is essentially like, "Don't call me, I'll call you". Oh well, I'll wait on you Wake!That email was almost cold and rude... especially coming right after Mount Sinai's warm one. No thank you, no good wishes, no nothing. Just, "don't call us."
I'm getting the error message when I try to check my status. Annoying.
Last edited:
So it's just a notification.
Yup.
FYI everybody - you can check your application status. I got the email yesterday too, and I checked my app status this morning and this is what I saw:
"Your AMCAS application has been evaluated and we are sending you our secondary application by e-mail. Please allow 2 weeks for the application to be sent to you as we send them out in batches."
So check there and you may know already if you're getting a secondary or not!
"Your AMCAS application has been evaluated and we are sending you our secondary application by e-mail. Please allow 2 weeks for the application to be sent to you as we send them out in batches."
So check there and you may know already if you're getting a secondary or not!
FYI everybody - you can check your application status. I got the email yesterday too, and I checked my app status this morning and this is what I saw:
"Your AMCAS application has been evaluated and we are sending you our secondary application by e-mail. Please allow 2 weeks for the application to be sent to you as we send them out in batches."
So check there and you may know already if you're getting a secondary or not!
yay I have the same message!!:-D
anyone know how many applications they receive and how many secondaries they send out?
FYI everybody - you can check your application status. I got the email yesterday too, and I checked my app status this morning and this is what I saw:
"Your AMCAS application has been evaluated and we are sending you our secondary application by e-mail. Please allow 2 weeks for the application to be sent to you as we send them out in batches."
So check there and you may know already if you're getting a secondary or not!
Yay! I got the message. Does that mean we were really successfully screened?
Yay! I got the message. Does that mean we were really successfully screened?
That's what it seems like!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I dont think theres any in-state pref based on the msar, private status, and website...if there is its not muchWohoo getting a secondary too!
I'm in-state also... I think they give some preference? I would love to go to Wake
.I dont think theres any in-state pref based on the msar, private status, and website...if there is its not much.
Oh I'm just going off of acceptance and interview %'s I've read... It could be due to a number of factors
Good luck everyone 🙂
Uh oh, mine says it is still under review. I guess I can't celebrate with the rest of you, at least not yet apparently.
Me too.....makes me feel better cause you have some nice stats 👍
Me too.....makes me feel better cause you have some nice stats 👍
We just have to stay positive for now. I imagine they have a lot of applications, and they will get to us soon enough.
Yay! I'm getting a secondary! And I don't even have that great of stats.
Good looking out. When I first tried to check my status I got an error message, so I doubt I would've checked again for a while. Nice to know ahead of time... I hope they wait the full two weeks to send secondaries out though.So check there and you may know already if you're getting a secondary or not!
Uh oh, mine says it is still under review. I guess I can't celebrate with the rest of you, at least not yet apparently.
I'm still under review too.
I'm still under review too.
Same here, and I am glad to see I am in good company.
🙂
Woohoo! I'm getting a secondary. Anyone know how much the application fee is?
Same here, and I am glad to see I am in good company.
🙂
No joke, if ksmi is waiting, we all should be waiting.
lol so true...now im not as freaked out that its still under rreview.No joke, if ksmi is waiting, we all should be waiting.
So glad I could offer a bit of comfort. 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So glad I could offer a bit of comfort. 😛
It seems ridiculous to me, but it really was comforting to know you were waiting too. I don't know why. Hopefully we will all know by this evening.
I'm still under review too.
Phew!!! That makes me feel a ton better, no offense ksmi.
(ksmi>everyone else)
My status just changed to going to receive the secondary in 1-2 weeks 🙂
blah... I can't even log in!
this must mean I've already been rejected 🙁
I checked earlier and got the "under review" msg, but now I am getting a wack error msg...seems like a balky system.
Phew!!! That makes me feel a ton better, no offense ksmi.
(ksmi>everyone else)
This is so not true. Wake obviously agrees with me. Still under review.
Ok, so I was thinking. Does everyone who has made it past the screen have a last name relatively early in the alphabet? And everyone who is still under review have one semi-late? Maybe they are reviewing in alphabetical order. 

My last name starts with A. Sorry.
Were you verified pre- or post- 6/24?
Your AMCAS application has been evaluated and we are sending you our secondary application by e-mail. Please allow 2 weeks for the application to be sent to you as we send them out in batches.
I've been screened in!
I was verified 6/19 but didn't add WFU until 6/30, so maybe I'm just not in the first batch.Were you verified pre- or post- 6/24?
I was verified 6/19 but didn't add WFU until 6/30, so maybe I'm just not in the first batch.
Haha, I'm just the kind of person that likes to know why things happen. They obviously didn't review in order of verification because my app was verified by 10:30 on June 2. Just trying to figure out the method to Wake's madness. Maybe they are just drawing apps out of a hat.
And I totally forgot to say this but congrats to all you kiddos who passed the screen.

Haha, I'm just the kind of person that likes to know why things happen. They obviously didn't review in order of verification because my app was verified by 10:30 on June 2. Just trying to figure out the method to Wake's madness. Maybe they are just drawing apps out of a hat.
And I totally forgot to say this but congrats to all you kiddos who passed the screen.![]()
No, you are just a neurotic premed. Don't worry, everyone on here is just as neurotic as you are.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, you are just a neurotic premed. Don't worry, everyone on here is just as neurotic as you are.![]()
I'm a neurotic premed who likes to know why things happen instead of freaking out for no reason. 🙂
Ok, so I was thinking. Does everyone who has made it past the screen have a last name relatively early in the alphabet? And everyone who is still under review have one semi-late? Maybe they are reviewing in alphabetical order.![]()
Thats what I was thinking too, my is on the back half as well 😉
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K