You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 Wake Forest University Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Wow, thanks for the support! I haven't totally given up on Georgetown yet... we'll have to see how things shake out. I'm psyched about Wake!AyCaramba---been rooting for you on the Georgetown thread. Glad you landed in a great spot--good luck!
I just found out today that I was accepted at Eastern Virginia, but I'm still have two fingers crossed for Wake... should I call and let them know this? In other words, does being accepted to another school increase or decrease my chances to get into Wake? ie. Maybe accepted applicants are more desirable to an admissions committee of another school
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just found out today that I was accepted at Eastern Virginia, but I'm still have two fingers crossed for Wake... should I call and let them know this? In other words, does being accepted to another school increase or decrease my chances to get into Wake? ie. Maybe accepted applicants are more desirable to an admissions committee of another school
EHHH... you can work it in your favor by writing a letter of interest that says something along the lines of: Even though I have other schools I could go to, I still really want to go to Wake for such and such reasons. This really lets them know how much you liked their school
I just found out today that I was accepted at Eastern Virginia, but I'm still have two fingers crossed for Wake... should I call and let them know this? In other words, does being accepted to another school increase or decrease my chances to get into Wake? ie. Maybe accepted applicants are more desirable to an admissions committee of another school
EHHH... you can work it in your favor by writing a letter of interest that says something along the lines of: Even though I have other schools I could go to, I still really want to go to Wake for such and such reasons. This really lets them know how much you liked their school and if anything else give you another reason to write another LOI
Congrats on your acceptance tho! At least you know that regardless of what happens elsewhere, you're going to be a doctor!! woohoo!
I just found out today that I was accepted at Eastern Virginia, but I'm still have two fingers crossed for Wake... should I call and let them know this? In other words, does being accepted to another school increase or decrease my chances to get into Wake? ie. Maybe accepted applicants are more desirable to an admissions committee of another school
Congrats... how about you leave space at WF for people like me with no acceptances...
I wish one of my waitlists would give.. ::sighs::EHHH... you can work it in your favor by writing a letter of interest that says something along the lines of: Even though I have other schools I could go to, I still really want to go to Wake for such and such reasons. This really lets them know how much you liked their school and if anything else give you another reason to write another LOI
Congrats on your acceptance tho! At least you know that regardless of what happens elsewhere, you're going to be a doctor!! woohoo!
I know, I feels pretty awesome 😀 thanks for the tip as well
Congrats... how about you leave space at WF for people like me with no acceptances...I wish one of my waitlists would give.. ::sighs::
Hey if it makes you feel any better, I'm, according to the admissions ppl, "about halfway down the waitlist" so my hopes aren't too high.
I know, I feels pretty awesome 😀 thanks for the tip as well
Hey if it makes you feel any better, I'm, according to the admissions ppl, "about halfway down the waitlist" so my hopes aren't too high.
I am in the same position. lol so it doesn't really make me feel all that better. lol.
I am in the same position. lol so it doesn't really make me feel all that better. lol.
And that's precisely what I was told, too. Not very uplifting.
Hey everyone! Thought I'd let y'all know that I just officially withdrew my acceptance to Wake - hope one of you get it. It's a freakin' great school.
Hey everyone! Thought I'd let y'all know that I just officially withdrew my acceptance to Wake - hope one of you get it. It's a freakin' great school.
It is a great school! I want that spot so badly. Thanks for the notice and the good wishes!
I emailed the admissions office and they said movement has slowed and that I'm in about the same spot as I was when they originally formed the list. Doesn't sound promising at all.
I emailed the admissions office and they said movement has slowed and that I'm in about the same spot as I was when they originally formed the list. Doesn't sound promising at all.
Don't give up. I just got the email this Monday. So excited.
Don't give up. I just got the email this Monday. So excited.
By e-mail, do you mean an acceptance?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
By e-mail, do you mean an acceptance?
yeah I got an acceptance. Should have made that clearer.
yeah I got an acceptance. Should have made that clearer.
do you know where you were on the wait list? top half, top third?
do you know where you were on the wait list? top half, top third?
I called a few weeks back and was told I was in the top half. I'm really not sure how much stock I'd put into top half versus top third or whatnot. I think anyone who is a good candidate and keeps in contact with them is in the "top half"
I called a few weeks back and was told I was in the top half. I'm really not sure how much stock I'd put into top half versus top third or whatnot. I think anyone who is a good candidate and keeps in contact with them is in the "top half"
Yeah, I was told I was in the top half last month, so I suppose you still give me hope.
I called a few weeks back and was told I was in the top half. I'm really not sure how much stock I'd put into top half versus top third or whatnot. I think anyone who is a good candidate and keeps in contact with them is in the "top half"
How often did you contact them?
How often did you contact them?
I sent in one letter of interest, Called about twice a month and also had my honors thesis director send them a brief recommendation.
For everyone already accepted, I sent in my acceptance and deposit and look forward to meeting all of you on July 22. Its crazy how things have turned around in the past week
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K