2009-2010 Texas A&M Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shemarty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
PROMPT

1. Describe briefly any experiences and/or skills that have made you more sensitive or appreciative of other cultures or the human condition.

2. The honor code for the Texas A&M College of Medicine is: "A Texas A&M medical student is a professional who exhibits leadership, honesty, integrity, compassion, respect and self-discipline." Please briefly discuss what activities or personal attributes demonstrate best that you would be a good custodian of our honor code.

3. Describe any circumstances indicative of some hardship, such as, but not limited to, financial difficulties, personal or family illness, a medical condition, a death in the immediate family, educational disadvantage, or disability. (Do not leave blank. If not applicable, please so indicate.)

4. OPTIONAL QUESTION: List the area (or areas) of medicine that appeals to you and briefly explain. (Limit your explanation to 50 words or 250 characters for each area of interest you list.) Do not leave blank. If not applicable, please so indicate.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Describe briefly any experiences and/or skills that have made you more sensitive or appreciative of other cultures or the human condition.

The honor code for the Texas A&M College of Medicine is: "A Texas A&M medical student is a professional who exhibits leadership, honesty, integrity, compassion, respect and self-discipline." Please briefly discuss what activities or personal attributes demonstrate best that you would be a good custodian of our honor code.

Describe any circumstances indicative of some hardship, such as, but not limited to, financial difficulties, personal or family illness, a medical condition, a death in the immediate family, educational disadvantage, or disability. (Do not leave blank. If not applicable, please so indicate.)

OPTIONAL QUESTION: List the area (or areas) of medicine that appeals to you and briefly explain. (Limit your explanation to 50 words or 250 characters for each area of interest you list.) Do not leave blank. If not applicable, please so indicate.

Application fee is $50. Fee waivers are for people who are like below poverty level.

BUMP! Any thoughts on how to approach these secondary questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
No one is interested in A&M COM? That's sad...
...but not surprising.

A&M is rarely the school people start out wanting to go to, but they come to like it if it's their only or best acceptance.

...but not surprising.

A&M is rarely the school people start out wanting to go to, but they come to like it if it's their only or best acceptance.
Even for those Aggies?:eek:

...but not surprising.

i'm interested... even though i go to Texas hah. seriously, i wouldn't mind going there at all, CS isn't that bad. the only downside is spending two years in Temple, which i imagine can get a bit dull.

I'm interested! I submitted my secondary yesterday! Woot Woot! and I'm hoping everyone else's lack of interest equals better chances for me!

I'm interested! I submitted my secondary yesterday! Woot Woot! and I'm hoping everyone else's lack of interest equals better chances for me!
Haha I'm interested in it too=]
I am working on this secondary and it will be my second secondary.
Maybe see you guys in Temple=]

Welcome to the club!!! Hopefully we can meet on the trail.:xf:

Describe briefly any experiences and/or skills that have made you more sensitive or appreciative of other cultures or the human condition.

The honor code for the Texas A&M College of Medicine is: "A Texas A&M medical student is a professional who exhibits leadership, honesty, integrity, compassion, respect and self-discipline." Please briefly discuss what activities or personal attributes demonstrate best that you would be a good custodian of our honor code.

Describe any circumstances indicative of some hardship, such as, but not limited to, financial difficulties, personal or family illness, a medical condition, a death in the immediate family, educational disadvantage, or disability. (Do not leave blank. If not applicable, please so indicate.)

OPTIONAL QUESTION: List the area (or areas) of medicine that appeals to you and briefly explain. (Limit your explanation to 50 words or 250 characters for each area of interest you list.) Do not leave blank. If not applicable, please so indicate.

Application fee is $50. Fee waivers are for people who are like below poverty level.

I usually don't post on here. However, I do have a question about this seconday app. Are the responses to these questions suppose to be in essay form?

I answered all but question four in essay form. I figured since they said "List" I could do just that :)

i'm interested... even though i go to Texas hah. seriously, i wouldn't mind going there at all, CS isn't that bad. the only downside is spending two years in Temple, which i imagine can get a bit dull.

Okay so I feel like a total fool, but the first two years are in Temple? Did you find that on the website or is it just common knowledge, that I somehow missed? Can you post the link, I'm off to re-browse the website to see if I can find the info....

That is awesome, I live in Austin, and have a good friend who's a prof at Temple, not at the med school, but anyway, she commutes and it would be a possible built in ride/or apartment share w/out having to move! Woot Woot!

Members don't see this ad :)
So I visited the website and found the information I was looking for, it's amazing what I can absorb when I'm not stressed about filling out the secondary!

Did anyone else get an e-mail from watkins-borth saying that they have a new form for you to fill out? I received an e-mail stating that there is a "screening form" waiting for me to fill out, but when I log onto the system the form is not there. Anyone else have the same issue?

Did anyone else get an e-mail from watkins-borth saying that they have a new form for you to fill out? I received an e-mail stating that there is a "screening form" waiting for me to fill out, but when I log onto the system the form is not there. Anyone else have the same issue?

I saw someone with a similar issue posting on the TMDSAS thread.... you may want to drop over there and see what they said

Just finished my secondary but something's weird. When I click "view", my essays are each shown as one huge long line and I have to scroll right to see the entire thing. Anyone else having this problem?

Here's a dumb question, for item #10 on the secondary, they are asking for my "regional location", what do they want, like urban, suburban, rural type of thing?

And a not so dumb question: for the prompt "Describe briefly any experiences and/or skills that have made you more sensitive or appreciative of other cultures or the human condition."--> One of my optional essays for TMDSAS answers this really well, should I just re-post it here? I really don't know how to change it up, it took me over a month to write it in the first place!

And for the hardship question, I don't really have a sob story to tell, should I just put "n/a" or try to find something?

Here's a dumb question, for item #10 on the secondary, they are asking for my "regional location", what do they want, like urban, suburban, rural type of thing?

I put where I am physically located: Northeast.

For the hardship question, I said that I did not have any financial hardships or educational disadvantages. I don't, so I'm not going to come up with something.

I put where I am physically located: Northeast.

For the hardship question, I said that I did not have any financial hardships or educational disadvantages. I don't, so I'm not going to come up with something.

true that. :thumbup:

don't put down some bs b/c adcom can sense it.

Just checked my status and it says "under review" :scared:

I'm trying to access the Texas A&M secondary but it keeps saying that the page I requested is in error or something. Could someone help me out here? Where do I go to for the secondary? Thank you so much.

I'm trying to access the Texas A&M secondary but it keeps saying that the page I requested is in error or something. Could someone help me out here? Where do I go to for the secondary? Thank you so much.

Yeah, I was having the same issue yesterday, and when I tried today it just says the link is broken..I tried going directly from the school's website, and also tried the link on TMDSAS....no luck.

Anybody have a solution?

I had trouble going to their seoncdary page as well.

I think I know how to fix the problem. I had the A&M secondary bookmarked, but when I would pull it up it would give me an error page. I fixed it by going directly to http://bamf.web.tamhsc.edu

I hope that helps! :)

Has anybody heard about Texas A&M offering interviews yet?

I think I know how to fix the problem. I had the A&M secondary bookmarked, but when I would pull it up it would give me an error page. I fixed it by going directly to http://bamf.web.tamhsc.edu

I hope that helps! :)

Thank you so much. I had the other page bookmarked so now I will bookmark this link. My status still says pending...

Well I was under review then now "pending".
Ya, mine did the same thing. I'm not sure what to think of it. I made sure that everything was submitted on TMDSAS and it was, so I know there isn't anything that they are waiting on from me.

How long did y'all make your essays? Do you guys think that 200-300 words is sufficient?

Ya, mine did the same thing. I'm not sure what to think of it. I made sure that everything was submitted on TMDSAS and it was, so I know there isn't anything that they are waiting on from me.

I just sent them an email asking about this problem. I submitted my primary and secondary a month ago and it still says "Pending". I will fill you in on their response.

I just sent them an email asking about this problem. I submitted my primary and secondary a month ago and it still says "Pending". I will fill you in on their response.

so what did they say?

my status was "under review" and it changed to "pending" for quite a while now.

How long did you guys make your essays???

I contacted the TAMU admissions staff and asked them why my status was on pending for so long. Turns out I did not submit my identification portion of the application (the one just above where you click the secondary application). Make sure you do this or your application will not me considered complete.

I contacted the TAMU admissions staff and asked them why my status was on pending for so long. Turns out I did not submit my identification portion of the application (the one just above where you click the secondary application). Make sure you do this or your application will not be considered complete.

thats wierd. mine says submitted, but it wasnt by me it was by someone from A&M. should i do something about it?

Just got an interview for 8/13 at Temple.

hey, warped, who did you email/call about your pending status?

Got an interview for 8/20 at their Temple campus. Does anyone know how they choose which campus to interview you at?

i can't seem to log in to check my status.... can someone post the link? I've applied so many places I'm starting to get all my links confused....

Got an interview for 8/20 at their Temple campus. Does anyone know how they choose which campus to interview you at?

Sorry, answered my own question. Their website says that interview locations are randomly assigned and that if you are accepted you are not necessarily going to be attending the location where you interviewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.