2009-2010 Texas A&M Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be seeing you there. congrats.

Members don't see this ad.

hey, warped, who did you email/call about your pending status?

I emailed the admissions committee explaining how I submited my primary and secondary in early june and that the status had not changed. A lady with the last name watkins-booth responded to my email

I emailed the admissions committee explaining how I submited my primary and secondary in early june and that the status had not changed. A lady with the last name watkins-booth responded to my email

What did she say?

Members don't see this ad :)
Evidently they wait for all LoR because I email them and she said she saw TMDSAS had my last LoR so they should get it in this weeks download and my status should change soon after that.

what was the email address you used? i must be ******ed because i cant find one anywhere

Office of Admissions - Phoenix
[email protected]

Office of Admissions - Tucson
[email protected]

Although before I found those I sent an email to the dean....but he was very nice and responded quickly giving me another email address for further communications.

wait... those are for arizona... do you have the admissions office for A&M?

Office of Admissions:
[email protected]

I did send my email to the assoc dean of admission before finding this email address like I said before, he was very prompt and very nice about it. He referred me to the woman others emailed earlier as well. She is on the faculty page so you could probably email her directly without any problems. Amanda Watkins-Borths: [email protected]

Office of Admissions:
[email protected]

I did send my email to the assoc dean of admission before finding this email address like I said before, he was very prompt and very nice about it. He referred me to the woman others emailed earlier as well. She is on the faculty page so you could probably email her directly without any problems. Amanda Watkins-Borths: [email protected]

thanks, i appreciate that

Interview invite! Was complete on 8/4, invite on 8/6.

8/20 in Temple

Looks like I'll see Euskal and Corrupt...

Hey CJ, congrats. I'll see you on the 20th as well; does anyone have info regarding student host housing at Temple?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey CJ, congrats. I'll see you on the 20th as well; does anyone have info regarding student host housing at Temple?

I logged into that secure pdf document that was linked in the email...said nothing about student hosts, only had info on several hotels in the area. So I guess they don't have a student host program.

I logged into the secondary app page and it still shows that my status is pending with the message :

Your application is PENDING.

This status either means that we are missing one or more of the following application components (secondary application, secondary payment, primary application, MCAT score or letters of recommendation) or, it is possible that we have all the components, but are still conducting our own internal audit of documents and have not yet sent the application to review. This system is able to alert you to the status of your secondary application, secondary fee and receipt of the primary application. However, we cannot report receipt of MCAT scores and letters of recommendation. For verification of MCAT and letters of recommendation, please log in to the TMDSAS website to verify if/when your MCAT scores and/or letters were sent to the schools.

There is a time delay between when TMDSAS receives your MCAT scores, letters of recommendation, etc. and when we download this information. "

However there is an "outstanding assignments" tab right above my "completed assignments" tab which is blank. Is anyone else facing this issue?

I logged into the secondary app page and it still shows that my status is pending with the message :

Your application is PENDING.

This status either means that we are missing one or more of the following application components (secondary application, secondary payment, primary application, MCAT score or letters of recommendation) or, it is possible that we have all the components, but are still conducting our own internal audit of documents and have not yet sent the application to review. This system is able to alert you to the status of your secondary application, secondary fee and receipt of the primary application. However, we cannot report receipt of MCAT scores and letters of recommendation. For verification of MCAT and letters of recommendation, please log in to the TMDSAS website to verify if/when your MCAT scores and/or letters were sent to the schools.

There is a time delay between when TMDSAS receives your MCAT scores, letters of recommendation, etc. and when we download this information. "

However there is an "outstanding assignments" tab right above my "completed assignments" tab which is blank. Is anyone else facing this issue?

I have exactly that setup. Other schools have already received my primary, and my secondary/fee has already been turned in/paid. I was actually here to ask the same question >.>

I have exactly that setup. Other schools have already received my primary, and my secondary/fee has already been turned in/paid. I was actually here to ask the same question >.>

I called them, and at first the lady on the phone said it was normal and I shouldn't be worried, but she went ahead and double checked for me, and it turned out they had not matched my TMDSAS with my LORS.... I would totally call, they were very nice and friendly...

I called them, and at first the lady on the phone said it was normal and I shouldn't be worried, but she went ahead and double checked for me, and it turned out they had not matched my TMDSAS with my LORS.... I would totally call, they were very nice and friendly...

Really good to know. I'll look into that tomorrow. Thanks. :)

Just received an interview in College Station on 9/3. How do they choose which site to interview you?

Sorry, answered my own question. Their website says that interview locations are randomly assigned and that if you are accepted you are not necessarily going to be attending the location where you interviewed.

^.^

my status now shows "under review"....whew...finally got the annoying "pending" off...lol

my status now shows "under review"....whew...finally got the annoying "pending" off...lol

Yeah. I asked Amanda Watkins-Borths, and she said that TMDSAS had actually not sent them my application, and told me to contact TMDSAS. TMDSAS says that it must be A&M, because they may not have downloaded the material... but I'm inclined to believe Amanda, since I assume she could tell whether they even have my application available to download.

TMDSAS seemed rude in their email to me, which I didn't appreciate. They lost one of my transcripts and set my application back by a month--I have good reason to distrust them.

TMDSAS seemed rude in their email to me, which I didn't appreciate. They lost one of my transcripts and set my application back by a month--I have good reason to distrust them.

Yeah, they made a typo in my address when I updated it last week. Didn't catch it myself, but in an interview the guy asked why I would typo my own address. That was just awesome let me tell you! TMDSAS doesn't seem to have their crap together this year.

Was there a delay in your application that you had to fix or did it just change one day?

I went from under review to interview invite in two day's time...so things could happen quickly for you. Good luck!

I went from under review to interview invite in two day's time...so things could happen quickly for you. Good luck!

Wow! That made my heart jump... fingers crossed I'm next...

Just received an interview in College Station on 9/3. How do they choose which site to interview you?

Just got one for the same day -- but in Temple. Oh I WISH it was in College Station...so much closer!!

Woot Woot! I am under review.... glad I'm not "Pending" anymore, lets hope I don't stay under review forever!

Interview Invite today..... while I was playing WoW
2009-09-10 16:00 (that's Sept 10th, not Oct 9th right?)
@ Temple
Secondary submitted 8/4
Mind if i ask what is my chace ? lol
Also what kind of question do they emphasize?
Thanks!

Last edited:
They finally received my primary. ^.^ Not off of the "pending" thing... but closer!

That was the PHATTEST interview day ever. Simulation center is super cool. Does anyone have Filo Maldonado's number? We should call him tomorrow to ask about acceptances...:laugh:

Got an interview 9/10 in Temple also! see you then

Has anyone gotten an interview at the CS campus?

Just wondering, how many spots does A&M have. and do CS and Temple have the same number of seats?

Just wondering, how many spots does A&M have. and do CS and Temple have the same number of seats?

Taken from the A & M admissions website:
The Texas A&M HSC COM received 3,056 applications for 150 places in the 2009 entering class. Of the 150 in the entering class, 36 are enrolled in the four-year MD program in Bryan/College Station; 36 are enrolled in the four-year MD program in Temple; 43 are enrolled in the 2 + 2 MD program College Station/Temple; 27 are enrolled in the 2 +2 MD program College Station/Round Rock; and, 8 are enrolled in the 2 + 2 MD program Temple/Round Rock. Eight hundred (800) applicants were interviewed. The class is comprised of 94% Texas residents, 40% women and 16% underrepresented minorities.

is anyone else having issues with the secondary site being sketchy?

I wish they would choose interview based on local address because I am currently living in CS and was hoping this would be the one interview where I wouldn't have to travel... Oh well, I'm just happy I got an interview!

what the hell, tamu? i am still pending...

what the hell, tamu? i am still pending...

It tells me that they are "verifying my letters of recommendation." I have no idea what that means, but it's been like that for several days >.>

It tells me that they are "verifying my letters of recommendation." I have no idea what that means, but it's been like that for several days >.>

Did you both fill out the identification form? I think it took me a little over a week to go from "Pending" to "Under Review" ...

I just interviewed last week in CS and enjoyed it. Make sure to stay to see the simulation center!

Hope your statuses change soon!

Did you both fill out the identification form? I think it took me a little over a week to go from "Pending" to "Under Review" ...

I know I did. I'll wait until Tuesday to contact them, it's been about a week.

Could anyone who has already interviewed post any difficult or interesting questions they were asked?

Did this status occur before or after 'under review'?

Did this status occur before or after 'under review'?

I'm still not under review, and that is a little unsettling to me. It's now been almost 2 weeks, so I think I'm going to go ahead and email them...

finally, my status changed at tamu from pending to under review. it was pending for like two months. twas absurd

I cant believe how stupid I were...
I have submitted the secondary for more than a month but my status was always "pending".

About 2 weeks ago I called the school and they told me it takes sometime to process the received materials and that's why its still "pendind" and they told me to wait.

Yesterday I gave them another call to ask why it took so freaking long and the lady told me a letter was missing. Oh gees I listed a doc's letter in TMDSAS separately but later I incoprated that into my letter package. And A&M was still waiting for that letter. I explained my situation to that lady and she changed my status to complete.

So finally I am complete at A&M. Hopefully it wont ruin my chance there, and hope to see you guys in some later interview :p

Status
Not open for further replies.