2009-2010 Texas A&M Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But during 4th year, we'll be able to schedule rotations anywhere within the A&M system (CS, RR, Temple, Houston, CC), as well as 2 rotations outside of the A&M system (around the country/internationally). So if you really wanted to see what it would be like working with residents (particularly within the field of residency you're interested in), you could simply schedule a rotation in Temple during 4th year.

This is true. However, you pretty much have to make a decision for specialties outside of primary care in about February of your 3rd year. This includes your adviser and schedules. Applying for away rotations starts in March/April and if you wait even until June, most are filled. The sad truth of competitive specialties these days is a commitment before you really know what you're getting into.

Members don't see this ad.

How does whether or not you are interested in a particular specialty affect the rotation experience? Also, does anybody know if student affairs will help match roommates together or are we on our own? I'll be staying in the Presidio..

Rachel with student services said that they'll mail out a form with our packets for students interested in roommates to fill out. Once the form is filled out, they'll send out the information to everyone so that we can find a good match. I think we're getting the packets next week.

oh okay. thanks for the quick response!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wanted to let ppl know that the waitlist is starting to move... received an offer from Filo personally on the phone yesterday for a spot in the 2014 class. He offered me the choice of either the Temple/RR or 4 yr CS rotation, so I assume someone else was offered a spot yesterday too. Good luck to all hoping for good news!

Wanted to let ppl know that the waitlist is starting to move... received an offer from Filo personally on the phone yesterday for a spot in the 2014 class. He offered me the choice of either the Temple/RR or 4 yr CS rotation, so I assume someone else was offered a spot yesterday too. Good luck to all hoping for good news!

Congrats! Are you taking up the offer? If so what track did you choose? I'm sure he also told you about the m1 welcome this Saturday. Congrats again!

:thumbup: Congratulations!

are you going to accept the offer?

I just got off the waiting list. I got assigned to Temple/Round Rock

For what it's worth, I know a TCU guy that got off the waiting list too recently.

P.S.-AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For what it's worth, I know a TCU guy that got off the waiting list too recently.

P.S.-AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!

Congrats! we'll be class mates, but i will never see you

Got off the waiting list this morning! Temple/ Round Rock for me!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are people accepted off the wait-list being assigned RR/Temple, or do they still have the option of College Station?

I emailed admissions just to see if they'd tell me anything, but they didn't. The only piece of somewhat relevant news to me was that they rarely accept people after June 15th. Maybe some of you already knew that, but at most non-TX schools, their waitlists see lots of movement even through July. It was kinda disheartening to think that if I don't hear in two weeks, than I probably won't. I'm also OOS, which hurts my chances. Anybody know from previous years about waitlist movement, or about how many get off of it?

anyone hear anything about wl movement yet?

I heard a while back. I also know of another guy that heard a few days before me, but he has since gotten into UTMB, and decided to go there instead.

In terms of where I was assigned, I was given Temple/RR without a choice or say.

I was recently accepted at my #1 so I'll very likely be giving up my spot here on Friday. CS 4 years. Just to offer some hope to the waitlisters.

I'm IS btw

Last edited:
I also recently got accepted at my #1 choice and will be giving up my spot as soon I receive the packet from the other school. I was Temple 4 year, IS applicant. Congratulations and Good luck to whoever gets my spot!

Just got my packet from the other school so I withdrew from A&M this morning. Should be some waitlist movement between longhorn and I. Good luck to all who are waiting!

i'm a longtime lurker but i thought i would let yall know the wait-list is still moving. i was accepted via email this afternoon. i am an in-state applicant. good luck to everyone still waiting, i know how rough it is.

i'm a longtime lurker but i thought i would let yall know the wait-list is still moving. i was accepted via email this afternoon. i am an in-state applicant. good luck to everyone still waiting, i know how rough it is.

Congrats! I got an offer 2 weeks ago- so I can attest that it is moving. I had to defer to July 2011 - not sure if you got my spot (2 bcs+2 temple) or if there are additional spots, but good luck to anyone still waiting!

Status
Not open for further replies.