DO T-Shirts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

engineeredout

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

jitcrunch.aspx

spacer.gif

jitcrunch.aspx

jitcrunch.aspx

jitcrunch.aspx

spacer.gif

jitcrunch.aspx

jitcrunch.aspx

jitcrunch.aspx

jitcrunch.aspx

I think this thread would be better if we all pooled our money together and bought each one of the shirts in C-Bear's size, mailed them to him, and had him model each one and upload the pictures to SDN.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ohhh snap I didn't realize you could link the picture of the shirts themselves. I kept trying to link the logo directly and it wasn't working.

Way to go CB.

And yeah you'll have to model them for us.

Ohhh snap I didn't realize you could link the picture of the shirts themselves. I kept trying to link the logo directly and it wasn't working.

Yeah, I tried that too. You had to click on the pic with the shirt and open up the larger image, copy the image address, then click the
insertimage.gif
and paste the address into your post.

Ew ... I didn't notice the 'Real men become OSTEOPATHS,' one before. I don't like that one.

Members don't see this ad :)
T-shirts are so 90s.

Get a caduceus tattoo instead like this one here:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/49/128013283_6c0ea573b3.jpg

Then you'd have to beat yourself up for getting the wrong symbol! ;)

AOA said:
What is the D.O. symbol and what does it represent?

The D.O. symbol is called the Staff of Aesclepius (often spelled Aesculapius) and consists of a single serpent encircling a staff, or classically a rough-hewn knotty tree limb. The staff was named after a skilled physician who practiced in Greece around 1200 BC. The term can also be found in Homer's Iliad. Aesclepius is commonly referred to as the Greek god of Healing.

The Staff of Aesculapius is also symbolic of guinea worm removal potentially, or so I've heard.

I actually wouldn't object such a tattoo as long as its small, as in less than a 1" by 1".

"Worm" theory

It has been suggested that the symbol once represented a worm wrapped around a rod; parasitic worms such as the "guinea worm" (Dracunculus medinensis) were common in ancient times, and were extracted from beneath the skin by winding them slowly around a stick. According to this theory, physicians might have advertised this common service by posting a sign depicting a worm on a rod. However plausible, no concrete evidence in support of this theory has been adduced.

Then you'd have to beat yourself up for getting the wrong symbol! ;)

Haha, good point.

Still a pretty badass tattoo though.

I think I'd get something like that after I get done with med school...or maybe after residency. I'd beat myself up if I got the tattoo and couldn't pass the COMLEX.

I saw one online at one point that was just a plain t-shirt with the staff on the left part of the chest and a DO under it. It was simple ... I liked it, but can't find it now. Will update in a bit if I do.

A DO's what can be manipulative? :confused:

Yes, I get annoyed my misplaced apostrophes.

****. Now that I see that I can't buy the shirt because it will bother me too. Thanks :mad:

****. Now that I see that I can't buy the shirt because it will bother me too. Thanks :mad:

Technically, since the acronym "DO" can be mistaken for the English word "do," it's "safer" to write it as "D.O.," which needs the apostrophe for the plural form.

However the best way to write it would be "DOs," but the point is moot unless you feel like designing your own shirt. :p

loving them shirts!!!!

This might be off topic a lil, but I feel so dumb not knowing how to write quotes like u guys do. For example, how do u quote with the "Originally Posted by engineeredout " thing with the ">" so people can click on it and know where the quote came from?

loving them shirts!!!!

This might be off topic a lil, but I feel so dumb not knowing how to write quotes like u guys do. For example, how do u quote with the "Originally Posted by engineeredout " thing with the ">" so people can click on it and know where the quote came from?

Just hit the
rupmh0.png
button and type in the text box that comes up, above or below the quoted words.

55067805v7_350x350_Front_Color-White.jpg

55913933v3_350x350_Front_Color-BlackWhite.jpg

157679498v3_350x350_Front_Color-AshGrey.jpg

37951747v1_350x350_Front_Color-AshGrey.jpg

305228370v2147483647_350x350_Front.jpg

"Bacon, Eggs, Wellbutrin
The Breakfast of Champions."

:confused:

I'd be down to get one only if they came with out sleeves. Screw sleeves.

Do you think wearing this onesie to an interview would get me an automatic acceptance or arrested??

Probaby somewhere in-between. Not any less exciting than those two options though :smuggrin:

I cant believe I haven't seen a shirt with "Just D.O. it" or "D.O. the right thing" or "You can D.O. it"

I cant believe I haven't seen a shirt with "Just D.O. it" or "D.O. the right thing" or "You can D.O. it"

Yeah, I'd much rather see that on a shirt than what they have...

Did you say "Do the right thing"...? A Spike Lee classic.....

One of the best scenes from the movie:

[youtube]cOxOR3x8FBQ[/youtube]