Medical Club proposal for HS

Sir04

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a high school senior and want to start a Medical club at my school. I need suggestions on what type of activities that we can conduct.
Any ideas on writing a proposal?

Members don't see this ad.

:luck:
I'm a high school senior and want to start a Medical club at my school. I need suggestions on what type of activities that we can conduct.
Any ideas on writing a proposal?

Members don't see this ad :)
As for activities, you may want to consider these:

1) If there is a medical school nearby, why not ask them if you can set up a mentorship program? My school runs one with a local high school and a local undergraduate university, and the medical students get pretty excited about it. :)

2) You could invite local physicians to a question and answer panel at your school.

3) You could organize volunteer outings (not directly medical, but still important)

4) You could hold a fundraiser and purchase medical supplies for a local free clinic with the profits.

5) You could provide information packets to your members about the medical school application process.

6) If you are feeling ambitious (and your local hospital is generous) you could set up a shadowing program.

Hope that gives you a few ideas to start with. Good luck.

PS - if you are not a medical student, your status should not be "medical student"

Is there a reason your status is listed as "medical student"?
I'm also wondering why high school students put their status as medical student. I don't think HS kids know what it means.

Haha, I wonder if he thinks medical student means that he's a student regardless of what grade that's getting into medicine.

Haha, I wonder if he thinks medical student means that he's a student regardless of what grade that's getting into medicine.

Nope, he probably enrolled in a CPR course and thinks that means he is a "medical student"

no you don't need a first-aid cpr class to list as medical student a episode of house or two scrubs episodes is more than enough

Probably for the same reason so many of the pre-meds and med students put "MD" or "DO" in their user name.

:laugh: A little more tolerable from med students though. The worst are people who are premedders who use "I'm premed" as a statement of credibility. We were all there, but not all of us were so disillusioned.

OP: CPR stuff. Shadowing rotations in emergency departments (may be difficult to pull off). Get local physicians to come speak to those interested.

no you don't need a first-aid cpr class to list as medical student a episode of house or two scrubs episodes is more than enough
Yup. I watch House all the time; I don't even need to go to medical school anymore. :smuggrin:

The suggestions posted are great!
- Try to get a shadowing opportunity at a nearby medical school
- Contact the medical student groups at the school and see if they have any programs for medical students you guys can participate in
- Shadow a medical student and attend a class
- Get a medical student mentor
- Have a medical student come speak to your class about their path and what medical school is like
- Etc. etc.

Probably for the same reason so many of the pre-meds and med students put "MD" or "DO" in their user name.

Some users put that in their name because its what they aspire to be. Status is something completely different. I know this is a little old.