***Official University of Pennsylvania acceptance thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zubnaya Feya

Combinator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
:Dyay!!!!!! who's in with me?!

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, did you guys get the dean's scholarship?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those of you who have gotten in! I'm reeeally hoping I get accepted here :luck:

i'm in too!!! i'm seriously thinking of going there

I'm in too!! Now just have to decide if I wanna wind up 360k in debt after school.. hahahaha

Still waiting....nothing of Dec 1st yet...

Got my Penn acceptance todayyyy!!! :D When I got the package in the mail I literally screamed with delight! No dean scholarship though, but I'm still SO thankful that I got in!

Right now it's my top choice... but we'll see! Still have VCU and Nova to consider.

Members don't see this ad :)
And for those of you waiting for the package, I live in northwest Pennsylvania. Hopefully yours are on the way!

I'm in! I got the packet today! Mine was mailed to southeast Michigan in case anyone was wondering.

in! nothing about the deans scholarship. who has received it? was it in the acceptance letter?

i'm in too! no scholarship though...i think someone said it right. if u were going to get dean's ur packet would have came in on the 1st. for everyone else, it came in on the 2nd. Congrats everyone! We have all come a longg way :)

just got the giant acceptance package in the mail... no dean's scholarship though =(

Just received the acceptance package. No dean's scholarship for me either but it's a huge sigh of relief.

i'm in too! no scholarship though...i think someone said it right. if u were going to get dean's ur packet would have came in on the 1st. for everyone else, it came in on the 2nd. Congrats everyone! We have all come a longg way :)
I haven't gotten the packet yet (haven't checked mail today) but I got the scholarship. Corky called me yesterday after I left a message for them in the morning.. She said they sent it out on the 30th of November. But I live in Seattle and it takes forever to get here.

Upenn or Ohio State? Maybe specializing. Anyone?

I got the packet today. I got the scholarship!!! Still not sure where I will go though.:rolleyes: I'm in Utah so it may have taken a little longer to get here.

HELL yes - packet finally arrived!

Dang!! I got the Dean's scholarship.......Ouch I really was set on going to UoP....I got a dean's scholarship there, but it's much smaller($30,000). I was planning on doing UoP and Air Force HPSP (6 yrs total). I really think UoP is the better school but who can turn down 2 years free at an Ivy?? I couldn't do HPSP and take this scholarship.... Gosh, what a predicament....

Anybody wanna weigh in?? Anyone think U Penn is better than UoP?? They're both top tier. I guess it's hard to really say which is better....

I dont understand..how come I havent yet got my packet...and I live in philadelphia...and as you can see my scores..below....i dont think that should be a problem..but well..nothing that i can do for now besides waiting huh?:(

AA25 TS30 GPA 3.94

I'm in guys!!!! Got my packet in Florida today! I am 95% sure I will attend! Congrats everyone!

Got my official package from Penn. Sent through UPS express mail. I am in Seattle. :)

any californians get their packages yet :p?

Did you receive any scholarship?
I did. Dean's Scholarship.

BTW, for those who received it, the due date for acceptance form is December 18th if you want to keep the scholarship and January 15th if you don't.

Dang!! I got the Dean's scholarship.......Ouch I really was set on going to UoP....I got a dean's scholarship there, but it's much smaller($30,000). I was planning on doing UoP and Air Force HPSP (6 yrs total). I really think UoP is the better school but who can turn down 2 years free at an Ivy?? I couldn't do HPSP and take this scholarship.... Gosh, what a predicament....

Anybody wanna weigh in?? Anyone think U Penn is better than UoP?? They're both top tier. I guess it's hard to really say which is better....

turn down the scholarship at Penn!! maybe someone else will be lucky enough to get it :)

So who's gonna create the Facebook group for the class of 2014?? :D I'm not 100% sure I'm going to go to Penn so I'll hold off on being the creator.. let us know if someone makes one!

Would they give out the extra scholarships?

i'm pretty sure they do. Susan said something like that during our interviews...that they offer the scholarship to like 25 people but many people turn it down cuz they are either not going to attend or they do HSPS so there were people who got accepted but didnt get a scholarship until like June or so. There is still hope!

I was interviewed in Early oct....nothing yet...just called in..and they are like...havent made decision yet...woow?:mad:

I live in Toronto, and I'm still waiting to hear from Penn/ :(

I am not yet 100% sure I will be attending (90% sure) and I will only decide for sure in March.. so I am not going to create it for now:)

I got accepted and I got the Dean's Scholarship!!! This is going to be a tough choice- anyone debating between UPenn and Case by chance and have input?

I was interviewed in Early oct....nothing yet...just called in..and they are like...havent made decision yet...woow?:mad:

Do you know what that means? Is that just a nice way to say 'rejection'?
Does anyone know if Upenn rejected any post-interview applicants yet?

I got accepted and I got the Dean's Scholarship!!! This is going to be a tough choice- anyone debating between UPenn and Case by chance and have input?
Case vs Penn with scholarship?? This is an easy choice for me. Penn of course.

If someone turns down Penn w/ scholarship, does Penn pass it down to other accepted students? It'd make my decision easier if that was the case.

If someone turns down Penn w/ scholarship, does Penn pass it down to other accepted students? It'd make my decision easier if that was the case.
I think so. That is why they ask you to accept the offer before December 18th deadline if you want Dean's scholarship. That way, really qualified applicants from dec. 1st acceptance who didn't get the scholarship would get notified about scholarship sometime during December 18-25 (that is my thought) so they have time to decide before their Jan. 15th deadline.