You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Osteopathic Match
Started by rain1_rain1
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
folks who did not match find out when everyone else does - Monday at noon. 😱
Here's what I don't get: Both the programs and students have submitted their lists 2 weeks ago, so what, exactly, is going on in the interim? I mean, it can't take this long to run the computer program. Unless they do it by hand. Or maybe it's just torture... That's probably it, torture.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've thought the same thing. I think they're laughing at us.
QofQuimica
Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Best of luck, everyone. 

14 1/2 hours to go. Not that I'm counting.
Whoa, the DO match is already Monday??? Wow, the 09 lists aren't even formally organized on the boards yet, hahahaha.
Anyway, GOOD LUCK to everyone matching. You guys are champs, and you'll do great. 👍
Anyway, GOOD LUCK to everyone matching. You guys are champs, and you'll do great. 👍
I got my match last year at about 0900 CST...so it does come early. Yes, I **** my pants.
Good luck to everyone and I hope that you will post your results on here so we can celebrate with you all!!!! 😀
G'Luck everyone! I do hope it comes in early, let the celebrations begin! However, we don't find out where we match until Thursday...
G'Luck everyone! I do hope it comes in early, let the celebrations begin! However, we don't find out where we match until Thursday...
??? I thought we get all results tomorrow. Good luck all!
according to the information provided by our school we find out if we matched or not tomorrow, however, the exact details don't flow in till thursday noon. could be wrong...
For AOA match, you get EVERYTHING today.
For ACGME match, you find out where you match the third Thursday in March. You find out IF you matched at all the Monday before that. But not until March for ACGME.
For ACGME match, you find out where you match the third Thursday in March. You find out IF you matched at all the Monday before that. But not until March for ACGME.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't most of the DO matchers already know where they are going?
Don't most of the DO matchers already know where they are going?
For things like ortho, yes.
Good luck future docs!

Match results are hitting the email.
I matched Anesthesia!!!!!!!
What a relief!
I matched Anesthesia!!!!!!!
What a relief!
Mine came in at 8:41am this morning and I got my first choice IM program.
Good luck and congratulations everyone.
Matched at West Penn/AGH for IM!
Good luck to everyone!
Good luck to everyone!
Congrats folks! I hope the rest of you who are unreported are too busy celebrating to come tell your e-buddies about it!😀
Congrats everyone!!!!!!!!!!!
Matched EM
Grats to all.. it was pretty competitive this year.
Grats to all.. it was pretty competitive this year.
Interesting, lots of "open" spots left in top fields:
3 Gas
1 Ophtho
3 Rads
8 EM
12 Surg
2 Neuro Surg
3 Ortho
I wonder where the open spots are?? (Anyone with access?)
3 Gas
1 Ophtho
3 Rads
8 EM
12 Surg
2 Neuro Surg
3 Ortho
I wonder where the open spots are?? (Anyone with access?)
I wonder where the open spots are?? (Anyone with access?)
See here:
https://www.do-online.org/index.cfm?PageID=sir_match10res
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1 open urology spot in Michigan, 3 radiology in NY. Geez.. wonder if those spots are "really" available or those residencies are closing.
Interesting, lots of "open" spots left in top fields:
3 Gas
1 Ophtho
3 Rads
8 EM
12 Surg
2 Neuro Surg
3 Ortho
I wonder where the open spots are?? (Anyone with access?)
what's the catch with these open spots? Are they really accounted for already, but for some reason, just don't show up that way?
That rads spot is unpaid.
http://opportunities.osteopathic.or...program_id=195012&hosp_id=119225&returnPage=1
http://opportunities.osteopathic.or...program_id=195012&hosp_id=119225&returnPage=1
That rads spot is unpaid.
http://opportunities.osteopathic.or...program_id=195012&hosp_id=119225&returnPage=1
Really? Or, is their info just not filled in?
"Working hours are generally 7 am to 7 pm, with pager call once every four nights."
No wonder the Largo, FL anesthesia program didn't fill. Live in a beautiful location but never get to go outside during the daylight..
No wonder the Largo, FL anesthesia program didn't fill. Live in a beautiful location but never get to go outside during the daylight..
Congrats guys!!!!
woot...congratulations everyone, matched in my top IM choice! time for bubbly to flow 🙂
We're automatically withdrawn from the allopathic match once we've matched in the osteo one so I don't need to go and manually withdraw myself, correct?
correct. congrats on the match. 👍
Got my first choice IM program - Kalamazoo!!!!!! 😀
Oh - and I got my email 0836am EST. Being on rotation all day, I was calling and texting my family during the day, but didn't have time to come here to post earlier.
Oh - and I got my email 0836am EST. Being on rotation all day, I was calling and texting my family during the day, but didn't have time to come here to post earlier.

Awesome. Congratulations!Got my first choice IM program - Kalamazoo!!!!!! 😀
Oh - and I got my email 0836am EST. Being on rotation all day, I was calling and texting my family during the day, but didn't have time to come here to post earlier.![]()
I know this is probably a long shot, seeing how few spots there are, but are any 4th years trying to match into the NMM/OMM residencies/did match today??? Just curious. Thanks.
And congrats ShyRem!!!
And congrats ShyRem!!!
Congratulations to all of you guys! Go out and celebrate if you can. You all deserve it!!
I have a few questions.
First, do people now scramble into those unmatched spots like they do in the ACGME match? Second, if someone had withdrawn from the AOA match and fails to match ACGME, can they scramble into an AOA residency?
Second, for UNECOM, some of the residencies say UNECOM/Dartmouth. Is that program affiliated with both schools? How does that work?
Also, what is ORS? St. Mary's in Missouri has that and I haven't never heard of it.
I have a few questions.
First, do people now scramble into those unmatched spots like they do in the ACGME match? Second, if someone had withdrawn from the AOA match and fails to match ACGME, can they scramble into an AOA residency?
Second, for UNECOM, some of the residencies say UNECOM/Dartmouth. Is that program affiliated with both schools? How does that work?
Also, what is ORS? St. Mary's in Missouri has that and I haven't never heard of it.
Also, what is ORS? St. Mary's in Missouri has that and I haven't never heard of it.
Ortho
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations to all of you guys! Go out and celebrate if you can. You all deserve it!!
I have a few questions.
First, do people now scramble into those unmatched spots like they do in the ACGME match? Second, if someone had withdrawn from the AOA match and fails to match ACGME, can they scramble into an AOA residency?
Second, for UNECOM, some of the residencies say UNECOM/Dartmouth. Is that program affiliated with both schools? How does that work?
Also, what is ORS? St. Mary's in Missouri has that and I haven't never heard of it.
ORS = orthopedic surgery
1. people can scramble into those unmatched spots like they do for ACGME match.Congratulations to all of you guys! Go out and celebrate if you can. You all deserve it!!
I have a few questions.
First, do people now scramble into those unmatched spots like they do in the ACGME match? Second, if someone had withdrawn from the AOA match and fails to match ACGME, can they scramble into an AOA residency?
Second, for UNECOM, some of the residencies say UNECOM/Dartmouth. Is that program affiliated with both schools? How does that work?
Also, what is ORS? St. Mary's in Missouri has that and I haven't never heard of it.
2. If someone fails to match ACGME, they can scramble into any AOA or ACGME residency open if they are a DO student. MDs can only scramble into ACGME residencies.
2. (you have two "seconds", so I must have two 2.'s) I don't know about the affiliations of UNECOM/Dartmouth - and I spent a year in Augusta. It was far removed from both schools and was really rather independent. Didn't get a flavor one way or the other.
ORS question has been answered.
I think I'll celebrate tomorrow. Tonight ended up being full of calling my parents, my in-laws, etc. telling them where we're going. Not too much time for a celebratory beverage. Tomorrow I'll make time.
so I finally talked to everyone who matched at our school. Only 4 have to scramble, but we got some great matches! Congrats to the Class of 2010, we did it!!!!
Family Medicine/OMT
2 - Pine Bluff, Arkansas
1 - El Paso, TX
4 - Carbondale, IL
9 - Hobokenville, GA
4 - Rome, GA
7 - Hazard, Kentucky
1- Paterson , New Jersey
2 - Jamaica!!!!!!!!!!! (NY)
1 - Splashtown, NY
2 - Big Stone Gap, VA
3- Casper, Wyoming
Internal Medicine
3 - Kankakee, Il
1 - 1 Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Pediatrics
1 - Ganado, TX
1 - Lootowakka Indian Reservation, Delaware
Surgery
1 - Fortworth, TX
2 - Columbus, GA
1 - Cracker Barrel, KY
Internship
1 - Columbus, GA (going to OMM RESIDENCY IN WEST VIRGINIA AFTER!!!!!)
Awesome Job guys!!!!!! Knew we could do it!!! Let's see those other osteopathic schools try and match a match list like that!!!!
Family Medicine/OMT
2 - Pine Bluff, Arkansas
1 - El Paso, TX
4 - Carbondale, IL
9 - Hobokenville, GA
4 - Rome, GA
7 - Hazard, Kentucky
1- Paterson , New Jersey
2 - Jamaica!!!!!!!!!!! (NY)
1 - Splashtown, NY
2 - Big Stone Gap, VA
3- Casper, Wyoming
Internal Medicine
3 - Kankakee, Il
1 - 1 Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Pediatrics
1 - Ganado, TX
1 - Lootowakka Indian Reservation, Delaware
Surgery
1 - Fortworth, TX
2 - Columbus, GA
1 - Cracker Barrel, KY
Internship
1 - Columbus, GA (going to OMM RESIDENCY IN WEST VIRGINIA AFTER!!!!!)
Awesome Job guys!!!!!! Knew we could do it!!! Let's see those other osteopathic schools try and match a match list like that!!!!
so I finally talked to everyone who matched at our school. Only 4 have to scramble, but we got some great matches! Congrats to the Class of 2010, we did it!!!!
Family Medicine/OMT
2 - Pine Bluff, Arkansas
1 - El Paso, TX
4 - Carbondale, IL
9 - Hobokenville, GA
4 - Rome, GA
7 - Hazard, Kentucky
1- Paterson , New Jersey
2 - Jamaica!!!!!!!!!!! (NY)
1 - Splashtown, NY
2 - Big Stone Gap, VA
3- Casper, Wyoming
Internal Medicine
3 - Kankakee, Il
1 - 1 Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Pediatrics
1 - Ganado, TX
1 - Lootowakka Indian Reservation, Delaware
Surgery
1 - Fortworth, TX
2 - Columbus, GA
1 - Cracker Barrel, KY
Internship
1 - Columbus, GA (going to OMM RESIDENCY IN WEST VIRGINIA AFTER!!!!!)
Awesome Job guys!!!!!! Knew we could do it!!! Let's see those other osteopathic schools try and match a match list like that!!!!
Are you the one going into an OMM residency in WV after?
I did eat at a Cracker Barrel in Kentucky recently. Wonder if it is the same one where that young osteopath will be pursuing surgery at? Seriously, no wonder a lot of DO residency spots go unfilled, they are in terrible, terrible locations.