You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Good wrist watch
Started by Mitch556
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Skagen Leather Strap Watches ~ $100
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Buy the cheapest Timex Ironman 10 or 30 lap watch you can find. They last years, are practically indestructible, and cost under $30.
If you want a professional looking watch, the only advice I can give is to buy something with a leather band.
If you want a professional looking watch, the only advice I can give is to buy something with a leather band.
Fake rolex, go to jail, and write a PS about it. 🙂
If you are willing to pay about $75 more I recommend the basic Swiss Army watches. That's what I have and I have beat the heck out of it. It still keeps perfect time. I also like it because it is a decent watch without being too flashy. Lastly, the warranty is awesome (3 years).
A sweep second hand is your friend.
Still just using a fossil I was given as a gift a few years ago. Works and looks good/classy with it being all silver/steel. Was <$100.
Kenneth Cole has some nice watches around that price. If you're only planning on owning 1 watch, make sure to get one w/ a second hand
Skagen Metal Strap Watches ~ $100
Good call
This...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007X9F7O/ref=oss_product
I bought back in June and am really happy with
If you're going to do that I'd recommend Fossil with a 10 year warranty.If you are willing to pay about $75 more I recommend the basic Swiss Army watches. That's what I have and I have beat the heck out of it. It still keeps perfect time. I also like it because it is a decent watch without being too flashy. Lastly, the warranty is awesome (3 years).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you're going to do that I'd recommend Fossil with a 10 year warranty.
I started with fossils, but once my love of watches turned into an addiction I switched over to diesels... I find they're a lot more aggressive with their styling and the watches themselves are a lot more interesting. Is also nice that not every aggravating 15 year old has a Diesel as well.
That is my favorite of the lot... the watch face isn't gold, rather the crystal has this nuclear yellow hue that I love 😀 Sadly, way way too big to fit under a dress shirt cuff... 🙁
I recommend getting an indentured servant to pull a small wagon for you which holds a stately looking grandfather clock. It may cost more than $100 (Depending on how much food and space your servant needs) but it doubles as a conversation piece at dinner parties and he can also help you carry other small objects in the wagon, including your scrubs and dissection kits.
I recommend getting an indentured servant to pull a small wagon for you which holds a stately looking grandfather clock. It may cost more than $100 (Depending on how much food and space your servant needs) but it doubles as a conversation piece at dinner parties and he can also help you carry other small objects in the wagon, including your scrubs and dissection kits.

Tape your phone to your wrist?
Even cheaper...... could probably just a clock and some string laying around the house.
If I only had 100 dollars and I needed a watch, I'd probably get one of the Skagen watches. Clean, professional, well-made.
Even cheaper...... could probably just a clock and some string laying around the house.
![]()
I'm pretty sure you can hire Flava Flav to be your clock for a year for under $100. It's not like he's being swamped with work these days.
Hey does anyone have any suggestions for a wrist watch for less than $100?
Nope. Anything that cheap = total garbage. Next Q plz.
Sorry to jump in the middle of the convo but I just saw this and thought of this thread haha. RueLaLa is having a great sale on Swiss Legend watches (both mens and womens) for the next 2 days. They start at $79 and they've got like $1000 watches for $99-$199, geez. The site is http://ruelala.com or http://www.ruelala.com/invite/sdaniel252 for anyone who wants to be nice and let me be their referrer 🙂
Crap now I want another watch. 😀
Crap now I want another watch. 😀
Nope. Anything that cheap = total garbage. Next Q plz.
Someone grew up spoiled

why get just a watch when you can get a nano?
http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/10/ilovehandles-turns-nano-ipods-into-oversized-watches/
http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/10/ilovehandles-turns-nano-ipods-into-oversized-watches/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
http://www.amazon.com/Breitling-R44...r_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=watches&qid=1284238638&sr=1-1
Also, if someone still hasn't noticed/heard of this yet:
The majority of watch ads have the time set to 10:13. Go on amazon/google and check 😛
Also, if someone still hasn't noticed/heard of this yet:
The majority of watch ads have the time set to 10:13. Go on amazon/google and check 😛
I'm pretty surprised that nobody has mentioned getting a replica Omega, Rolex, Rado, etc.
Believe it or not, the best thing about owning a replica watch is that when people notice it on your wrist, the FIRST thing most people ask is the brand. If you just tell them it's a Fossil, then they will probably be like ok. But if you tell them it's a Rolex, you'll get tons of "NO WAY!" Also, since you'll be a doc, nobody will really question if it's real or not, it's automatically assumed based on your profession.
Speaking of, I have a 80 dollar Rado I've been wearing for 3 years now and it looks as good as the day I bought it. They only thing it lacked from the geniuine, 1500 dollar version is the certificate and scratch resistant glass (though this glass is still resistant, it's not like the original)
Believe it or not, the best thing about owning a replica watch is that when people notice it on your wrist, the FIRST thing most people ask is the brand. If you just tell them it's a Fossil, then they will probably be like ok. But if you tell them it's a Rolex, you'll get tons of "NO WAY!" Also, since you'll be a doc, nobody will really question if it's real or not, it's automatically assumed based on your profession.
Speaking of, I have a 80 dollar Rado I've been wearing for 3 years now and it looks as good as the day I bought it. They only thing it lacked from the geniuine, 1500 dollar version is the certificate and scratch resistant glass (though this glass is still resistant, it's not like the original)
Depends what you're looking for.
I have several G-shocks in different colors, but these obviously are sporty watches that go well with scrubs/in the OR but not dress clothes so much. They range from like $90-110.
If you want dressy for like the wards, Fossil makes some really cool pieces. They have models with leather strap and metal bands both, and they are generally well made and LOOK expensive and nice. Prices for fossils range from like $80-150.
http://www.fossil.com/webapp/wcs/st...categoryId=30016&parent_category_rn=30001&N=0
I have several G-shocks in different colors, but these obviously are sporty watches that go well with scrubs/in the OR but not dress clothes so much. They range from like $90-110.
If you want dressy for like the wards, Fossil makes some really cool pieces. They have models with leather strap and metal bands both, and they are generally well made and LOOK expensive and nice. Prices for fossils range from like $80-150.
http://www.fossil.com/webapp/wcs/st...categoryId=30016&parent_category_rn=30001&N=0
I have several G-shocks in different colors, but these obviously are sporty watches that go well with scrubs/in the OR but not dress clothes so much. They range from like $90-110.
Another G-Shock Fan here!! =D This watches are more reliable than other watches IMO. My last MTG-905 is still up and running, 6 years old! Too bad, the plastic ring starts discoloration and not shiny anymore.
SO I brought in new guy:
whoever suggested the modovo, its way more than $100. it doesnt have a second hand which is pretty important. i like them, but they just arent practical.
you could get a bulova. orient makes some nice watches, and have nice sales
you could get a bulova. orient makes some nice watches, and have nice sales
I'm pretty surprised that nobody has mentioned getting a replica Omega, Rolex, Rado, etc.
Believe it or not, the best thing about owning a replica watch is that when people notice it on your wrist, the FIRST thing most people ask is the brand. If you just tell them it's a Fossil, then they will probably be like ok. But if you tell them it's a Rolex, you'll get tons of "NO WAY!" Also, since you'll be a doc, nobody will really question if it's real or not, it's automatically assumed based on your profession.
Speaking of, I have a 80 dollar Rado I've been wearing for 3 years now and it looks as good as the day I bought it. They only thing it lacked from the geniuine, 1500 dollar version is the certificate and scratch resistant glass (though this glass is still resistant, it's not like the original)
Except you're wearing a fake and lying to everyone about its authenticity. Not to mention you'll look like a huge douche wearing a supposedly $1500 watch as a med student/resident
Also replicas tend to not be water-proof or very sturdy, I've broken a few replica Rolex and Omegas by water logging them (from washing my hands) or shattering the glass.
My Skagen that I've had for 10years, cost a bit more than $100 (I think I paid $250 for it) but it was worth it. I also have a metal mesh band one and a leather one that I never wear. They come with a lifetime warranty, and even if you damage it from abuse they'll fix them for pretty cheap. I never take my watches off and I'm pretty hard on them, I've killed a few Fossils by forgetting to take them off before getting into saunas.
Personally I like the solid link titanium ones better than the mesh, I've bent a couple of the mesh ones when they got caught on stuff. And leather starts to fall apart after a few months of showering.
My Skagen that I've had for 10years, cost a bit more than $100 (I think I paid $250 for it) but it was worth it. I also have a metal mesh band one and a leather one that I never wear. They come with a lifetime warranty, and even if you damage it from abuse they'll fix them for pretty cheap. I never take my watches off and I'm pretty hard on them, I've killed a few Fossils by forgetting to take them off before getting into saunas.
Personally I like the solid link titanium ones better than the mesh, I've bent a couple of the mesh ones when they got caught on stuff. And leather starts to fall apart after a few months of showering.
Not far from that lineup of watches is a closet filled with a collection of Ed Hardy gear and truckers hats that would make Ashton Kutcher blush.
You know what they say:
When in doubt, wear as many as you can fit on your wrist.
![]()
Edit: oh, and make sure they all display a different time too.
Yawn. Get aspirational, my man.
http://cgi.ebay.com/PATEK-PHILIPPE-...514496120?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item2eaf986678
http://cgi.ebay.com/PATEK-PHILIPPE-...514496120?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item2eaf986678
http://www.amazon.com/Breitling-R44...r_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=watches&qid=1284238638&sr=1-1
Also, if someone still hasn't noticed/heard of this yet:
The majority of watch ads have the time set to 10:13. Go on amazon/google and check 😛
I highly recommend the Skagen as well. This watch is sleek, it doesnt look cheap, and has a nice metallic look. You could also spend a little more and get a Tag off of eBay. I however think you should by yourself a Rolex once you get out of residency or another triumph as a watch in my opinion should be a good watch if you have achieved something.
http://gearpatrol.com/blog/2009/03/30/10-best-watches-under-100/2/
http://gearpatrol.com/blog/2009/03/30/10-best-watches-under-100/2/
timex, seiko, swiss army (in order of increasing price).
^
btw, i'm a girl and almost got that movado. it's cool looking but it wasn't the easiest for telling the time. 🙂
i like the seiko snzg13 a lot (has automatic movement too): http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/46/45718/snzg13k1_3t.jpg
^
btw, i'm a girl and almost got that movado. it's cool looking but it wasn't the easiest for telling the time. 🙂
i like the seiko snzg13 a lot (has automatic movement too): http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/46/45718/snzg13k1_3t.jpg
Last edited:
Many of us wear a Casio.
Although I am a Swiss Army man, I have had Casios and they are awesome. In fact, I once owned the first model of Casio watch ever made, and it was stolen from me. Casio's stuff is cool because it is well made yet affordable. For instance, I have a Casio graphing calculator that cost me $90. It has way more power and features than the TI-84, which costs significantly more. Anyways, I like the brand, that's all.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yawn. Get aspirational, my man.
http://cgi.ebay.com/PATEK-PHILIPPE-...514496120?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item2eaf986678
That is an impressive watch! You have bested me as the better man. You and your watch now have my axe.
That is an impressive watch! You have bested me as the better man. You and your watch now have my axe.
Oh, to possess either of those timepieces. And then sell them so as to graduate medical school without a dime of debt...