Good wrist watch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys: Honest watch question.

The only watch I could wear to my interviews would be a movado... doesn't look super flashy, but I'm concerned showing up wearing such an expensive watch at may age would come off badly.
HGTCM.jpg

Thoughts??

Better than wearing a FAKE Rolex :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

I recently got an Invicta 8926 and I love it. It's modeled like a Rolex Submariner and has automatic movement, so you have to make sure to wear it frequently or be willing to hand wind it. I like it because you can wear it with anything- I'll wear it to interviews with a suit and wear it when I'm going to class in athletic shorts and a t-shirt. I was a little concerned about its accuracy before I got it (I've never owned an automatic watch) but it has been great so far. Definitely recommend it- excellent quality for the price. Amazon has it listed at $90, but you can search around and probably find one even cheaper.

images

Hey guys: Honest watch question.

The only watch I could wear to my interviews would be a movado... doesn't look super flashy, but I'm concerned showing up wearing such an expensive watch at may age would come off badly.
HGTCM.jpg

Thoughts??

in terms of watches, movados arent really that expensive compared to other watches. wear it. they're classy

Members don't see this ad :)
Movado's are disgusting looking.

You got into a medical school, and you want a watch that's $100 or less? Treat yourself right, and award yourself with an Omega Seamaster or Speedmaster. If not, get a Rolex Sub or a Universal Geneve. Cartier tank series doesn't hurt either!

If you want a in-your-face-i'm-better-than-you watch, get a Vacheron Constantin or Patek Phillippe.

You got into a medical school, and you want a watch that's $100 or less? Treat yourself right, and award yourself with an Omega Seamaster or Speedmaster. If not, get a Rolex Sub or a Universal Geneve. Cartier tank series doesn't hurt either!

If you want a in-your-face-i'm-better-than-you watch, get a Vacheron Constantin or Patek Phillippe.

This post is two years old, I don't think he's still looking for a watch

Would this watch be wrong to wear for an interview since it is more of a sport watch?

wat1110.ba0950.jpeg

Except you're wearing a fake and lying to everyone about its authenticity. Not to mention you'll look like a huge douche wearing a supposedly $1500 watch as a med student/resident

1500...used

Members don't see this ad :)
Would wearing a rolex to an interview be a bad idea even if its a watch you wear regularly?

I want this in platinum.:thumbup:

I almost picked that up with blue dial, got a line on one from a trustworthy source for less than half of retail, I ended up getting that AP RB2 instead though.

I saw a guy with the big pilot ali addition last week.

I'd personally go with a watch that doesn't get me mugged.

I paid $45 for mine which is digital, waterproof up to 300ft and has a built in compass. It's still going 5 years later.

I'd personally go with a watch that doesn't get me mugged.

I paid $45 for mine which is digital, waterproof up to 300ft and has a built in compass. It's still going 5 years later.

I've been wearing watches the cost thousands of dollars for over 2 decades nearly everywhere. As in everywhere but on third world adventures. It's not something to worry much about. Of course, I didn't live in the hood or get wasted in shady nightclubs. A little common sense goes a long way.

I've been wearing watches the cost thousands of dollars for over 2 decades nearly everywhere. As in everywhere but on third world adventures. It's not something to worry much about. Of course, I didn't live in the hood or get wasted in shady nightclubs. A little common sense goes a long way.

Well depends where u live. trust me taking public transportation at night even wearing a $100 watch in my area, may get u mugged. Mostly they after your phone n wallet though so if u have cheap digital you can be fine.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 via tapatalk

I wear $25 Chinese skeleton automatics that have people wondering wtf those spinning gears are for. When one breaks, I get another one.

Agree. I've lived in big cities for most of the last two decades and wore nice watches w/o issues.

Buy the cheapest Timex Ironman 10 or 30 lap watch you can find. They last years, are practically indestructible, and cost under $30.

If you want a professional looking watch, the only advice I can give is to buy something with a leather band.

+1

Have been wearing my men's timex ironman 30 lab flix for 5 years...indestructible and not a single battery change. Extremely well made. 35$

Drizzt, your watch photos never come out right.

I wear a leather Skagen often to school.

OP, sometimes I like to attach my phone to my wrist ala rubberband.

call me a utilitarian but I can't be swayed to wear an expensive mechanical watch when a cheap digital keeps time better. Beyond that its just jewelry for men IMO.

I have a Timex watch I bought for a backpacking trip and it's amazing for in the hospital - day, date, military time, waterproof, very hard to damage or destroy. It's amazing because it's so easy to get disoriented when working long/weird hours. It was about 40$

Fossil watches are hideous. Not to mention they're almost all sport watches, not dress watches.

Most of the watches can be turned into dress watches by simply replacing the band with a leather one

Invicta isn't a bad brand for <$100.

They're not my style. They tend to be a bit clunky.

But yes, you're right.

Here's one that looks okay. $105 at Dillard's.
images

Ok this is something that has been bugging me. All of these watches I see show the "4" as IIII instead of IV....why is that?