Auburn c/o 2015 stand up!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UAmike

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let me know who is out there! I am a senior at the University of Alabama applying to Auburn as my IS. Any other IS'ers out there, especially at U of A.

Roll Tide! :D

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying! I'm an OOSer applying to Auburn. Good luck to everyone applying for c/o 2015!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do not step on Auburn's campus and say roll tide. Shame on you. War eagle!

I applied to Auburn, I'm OOS but only by about 15 minutes lol. This is my first choice of schools, the veterinarians I have met that have come out of Auburn have been consistantly incredible. Fingers crossed!
:xf:

Haha I thought I might get some remarks regarding my battle cry. I can't help it though :D

I can't be the only ISer. C'mon guys don't be shy!!!! :scared:

I applied!! OOS, non-traditional applicant. . .hope they like what they see in my application:xf:

I applied to Auburn and went to visit for the first time last weekend. I am absolutely IN LOVE with Auburn! I sure hope I get an interview because I want to get to go visit again, lol! I've been at Jacksonville State University in Jacksonville, Al for my undergrad so it will be quite a change for me but I am so excited! Good luck to every one of you, I hope that we will all be classmates soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to all of those applying. :thumbup: It really is am amazing school with an excellent reputation amongst all the other schools. I'm in the middle of my first semester here and I love it! I'm also an OOS (non-contract) so I understand how y'all feel.

anyone else out there that took the plunge?! :oops:

Yep, new to the forum, but I applied as an pseudo-instater from KY! :)

anyone else out there that took the plunge?! :oops:

me too (OOS) ...

Let's see, Auburn is #1 right now and Alabama #6? Not bad ... my Buckeyes are barely holding on at #12.

A perk of many US vet schools is that a lot of them are in the top 25 football rankings. I'm constantly reminded of all the schools I've applied to on a weekly basis come Saturday.

me too (OOS) ...

Let's see, Auburn is #1 right now and Alabama #6? Not bad ... my Buckeyes are barely holding on at #12.

Ughhhhhh can we PLEASE not talk about that right now? lol (BTW I think we're #11-not that it matters but it's something!! lol)

Yeah and unfortunately auburn is #2 now :(

Thoughts on Cameron Newton.... go!

I really hate that you guys are judging a person you don't even know. If I were you, I'd keep your smart comments about football to football forums and let vet school be vet school. Never know who might be on here reading. :) just saying.

Don't Hate.
"When God be blessin'.. the devil be messin'.."
oh and War Damn Eagle.
Good luck c/o 2015. It's a heck of a ride.. but it's a fun one..

Quick question. Last year when I interviewed it was during my Spring Break. This year I might go on a cruise for spring break, meaning I would for sure not be able to make the interview if it fell around the same time. I was wondering if anyone knew if Auburn allows "make-up" interviews for situations like this.

Quick question. Last year when I interviewed it was during my Spring Break. This year I might go on a cruise for spring break, meaning I would for sure not be able to make the interview if it fell around the same time. I was wondering if anyone knew if Auburn allows "make-up" interviews for situations like this.

The problem with make up interviews is that Auburn interviews IS and Contract students very close to the decision deadline leaving very little time to do make up interviews and then make their final decisions on acceptances, get those acceptances in the mail, and leave enough time for decisions to be made and sent back in by the April 15 deadline.

Auburn purposefully plans their interview dates to try and hit spring breaks at various schools to minimize having to miss classes and make travel arrangements during school. Especially since you knew last year that it was on your Spring Break, it's not the smartest idea to plan on going on a cruise for Spring Break this year your second time around and hope you can rearrange an interview. That might be playing with fire, but it's your application. :)

I'm surprised this thread isn't getting very much activity right about now. I see that there are a few people on here who've received interview invites....I just thought there would be more...especially with the added seats. Perhaps they are just not on SDN. Either way, just wanted to give this thread a little bump. Good luck to the IS and contract students who are still waiting. I'll more than likely be a tour guide during interviews...so I look forward to meeting y'all. :thumbup:

Ok, I guess I do have a quick question. I'm interviewing on Feb. 2nd. Do I just bring my official transcript with my Fall 2010 grades on it with me?

I still don't know whether or not I will get an interview, but I have been preparing all winter break as though I will :xf: ...trying to shadow vets that I have not worked with before, and setting up mock interviews.

Have most of you veterinary students from Auburn posted your feedback on the interview section of SDN? I've polled my friends from my undergrad school who have been accepted, and started compiling a list of questions they were asked. You guys definitely seem to be the best resources!

I still don't know whether or not I will get an interview, but I have been preparing all winter break as though I will :xf: ...trying to shadow vets that I have not worked with before, and setting up mock interviews.

Have most of you veterinary students from Auburn posted your feedback on the interview section of SDN? I've polled my friends from my undergrad school who have been accepted, and started compiling a list of questions they were asked. You guys definitely seem to be the best resources!

I believe most of us have posted questions in the interview feedback section. I also have some other interview questions I used to help prepare for the interview if you'd like them.

Have all the interview invites been sent out? Or are there more to come through January? I thought we weren't supposed to hear until January, but it looks like people have already been getting invites.

Have all the interview invites been sent out? Or are there more to come through January? I thought we weren't supposed to hear until January, but it looks like people have already been getting invites.

I got an interview invite today via email, so they're still sending them out!

oh I did too! It went to my Junk mail for some reason!

oh I did too! It went to my Junk mail for some reason!

The 1st email went to my junk email too. I got the 2nd one in my inbox, and then checked my junk mail and found the first one.

just wondering did they send it like at the end of day alabama time?

The 1st email went to my junk email too. I got the 2nd one in my inbox, and then checked my junk mail and found the first one.

Haha that's exactly what happened to me too.

I got the email at 10:45 a.m. and I am from Ohio so they are about an hour ahead of our time. Hope this answers your question.

just wondering did they send it like at the end of day alabama time?

They sent mine at 9:30 AM, and I'm from North Carolina, so I believe that would be 8:30 AM Alabama time.

Congrats to you guys! I'm jealous that you have found out already, it's tough waiting for a response. :cool: <-- trying to stay cool

Congrats to you guys! I'm jealous that you have found out already, it's tough waiting for a response. :cool: <-- trying to stay cool

Are you a KY resident? Contract applicants don't get interview invitations yet...just OOS. so don't stress too much right now. :) good luck!

Are you a KY resident? Contract applicants don't get interview invitations yet...just OOS. so don't stress too much right now. :) good luck!

Yes I am, and I noticed on the interview thread that only OOS students had been contacted, but the wait is still tough! and thank you for the luck, haha!

Update: I called Auburn today to inquire because I've not gotten an e-mail or letter. Apparently they are only sending out about 25 e-mails a day. Letters will be mailed by the end of the month.

Hey everyone! I am an in state applicant for this cycle. I was wondering if anyone else got the interview email mistake? I have been dying to find out if I got in and I was super excited to see the email that I was selected to interview this morning. I called Ms. Storey and scheduled it. Five minutes later, she called me back to say I received the email by mistake and I won't hear until February. It was definitely a huuggge let down, but at least I still have a chance. The in state applicants will find out mid February if they get an interview and will interview in March. Did this happen to anyone else?

Hi Guys,

I'm an OOS (coming all the way from California!) applicant, and I've got my interview in less than three weeks.

Any tips about the interview and/or the city? Any particularly difficult questions? (I did check out the list of Q's on SDN).

Anything I should definitely check out while in Auburn? What will the weather be like? Etc.

The most famous places to eat in Auburn are Momma Goldberg's Deli, Niffers Place, and Toomers Drug Store (for their lemonade and ice cream!). My favorite place to eat is called Bizilia's, and it is just downtown (Their paninis are fantastic!). I'd guess the temperature could range from 30-50 while you are there. Of all my interviews, I thought Auburn's was the easiest and most laid back. I didn't really get any difficult questions.

I'm going to have to second lupdlow on Toomer's. They do awesome sandwich/soup combos for lunch (grilled ham & cheese and chicken gumbo...yum!) and if you're there at noon, you can hear Samford Tower chime the fight song.

I'd also have to agree about the interviews. My adcom group was really laid back. We spent the last 5-10 minutes talking about the expansions they're doing with the small animal hospital. I ended up getting on the wait list for OOS, but pulled my name off the list because I got into my IS, but I did my undergrad at AU and LOVED it.

Good luck everyone! :luck: