Auburn c/o 2015 stand up!!!

Started by UAmike
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I still haven't heard anything from Auburn. Is it just me or are other people still waiting too?

I still haven't heard anything either! 🙁. In Kayes email Monday I thought she said we'd hear either Tuesday or Wednesday, but its now after 5pm there...
 
One of the interviewers told me Auburn accepted all but two of their alternates by the start of the semester last year. So, alternate people, cheer up! Good luck! :xf:

Do you know when the started to let alternates know last year? Is it just when someone else backs out?

I am dying just waititng!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know when the started to let alternates know last year? Is it just when someone else backs out?

I assume. Acceptances will probably comes in waves whenever other schools start announcing their own acceptances and people decline Auburn. They did mention that one person got accepted a week before classes started last year :laugh:
 
Do you know when the started to let alternates know last year? Is it just when someone else backs out?

I am dying just waititng!!

People that are on the alternate list will typically not hear anything until after the April 15th deadline. Many of the other OOS-noncontract students applied...and where accepted at other schools as well. They sometimes take quite awhile to make up there minds. I know y'all don't want to hear this....but just try and be patient.
 
When do classses start for fall 2011? I am assuming those who have been accepted have all that information already.

Congrats too, for all those OOS who got in. I am quite jealous!
 
They sometimes take quite awhile to make up there minds.


i was guilty of this...i didn't make my decision until April 12. 😛 it's unfortunate Auburn doesn't rank the alternate list and give you an idea of where you stand. good luck to all the alternates and congrats to those who were accepted already!
 
When do classses start for fall 2011? I am assuming those who have been accepted have all that information already.

Congrats too, for all those OOS who got in. I am quite jealous!

According to our academic calendar, school starts on August 17th. That's for main campus though. This year, we started 2 days before main campus did. Also, I didn't mean to sound like a Debbie Downer. Last year we went through all of our alternates but two of our alternates so there's definitely still hope. 👍
 
I came out of my Mississippi State interview and immediately checked my email. I had something from Kaye and I was accepted!! Too bad I wasted a trip to Miss State 🙁 . I hope to see some of y'all next year!
 
I came out of my Mississippi State interview and immediately checked my email. I had something from Kaye and I was accepted!! Too bad I wasted a trip to Miss State 🙁 . I hope to see some of y'all next year!

Congrats on your acceptance CEG. Are you definitely coming to Auburn in the fall?
 
Congrats on your acceptance CEG. Are you definitely coming to Auburn in the fall?


I went there my first 2 years of undergrad and absolutely loved it. My family owns a condo there so I already have a place to stay. I am awaiting my in-state interview/decision at UF and we will see if both of them become an option. I would say it is up in the air, but I'm leaning towards Auburn!!
 
BTW, I know in undergrad, AU has the entire week of Thanksgiving off, does that hold true for the CVM as well?
 
BTW, I know in undergrad, AU has the entire week of Thanksgiving off, does that hold true for the CVM as well?

The same is true for the vet school. It was really nice as I had never had an entire week off for Thanksgiving before coming to school here. We did get out after the undergrads though 1st semester.
 
So first of all CONGRATS!!! to all of you OOSers that got accepted! Now I am just wondering if anyone has heard if IS interview invites are going out yet? We are at mid-February now and I am going to pieces here waiting.
 
hey fellow OOS alternates! I agree, it's frustrating not knowing where on the list we all are, but hopefully this year's wait list gets accepted similar to last years!! (48 out of 50-ish)

anyone else from FL?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You get out the whole week for Thanksgiving, but you don't get a fall break. This IS your fall break (at least in undergrad that's how it was)
 
So first of all CONGRATS!!! to all of you OOSers that got accepted! Now I am just wondering if anyone has heard if IS interview invites are going out yet? We are at mid-February now and I am going to pieces here waiting.

You are not alone. I have 4 other friends at my school and we are constantly updating our email 😱 It's bound to be soon though.
 
You get out the whole week for Thanksgiving, but you don't get a fall break. This IS your fall break (at least in undergrad that's how it was)



not true at all - you DO get a fall break

luplodw - if you're going to post for the auburn VET SCHOOL thread, please check your information before posting it here.
 
You are not alone. I have 4 other friends at my school and we are constantly updating our email 😱 It's bound to be soon though.


you all should find out next week! i know it's hard especially when the OOS have not only interviewed but have found out if they are accepted already. it was killing us last year. but we interviewed on spring break, which this year is the week of March 14 and i think we got our interview invites 3 weeks before that.

i'm excited for you all! 🙂

this year OOS was notified via email but last year IS received letters in the mail for both interview invites and acceptances. i'm not sure if they'll do that the same this year or not. so check your mailboxes too 🙂
 
I heard from a little birdie that the IS interview invites went out Thursday or Friday. Ugh! I can't wait! I hope I have mine by Tuesday 😀:xf:
 
Any IS SDN'ers recieve their interview invites? I interviewed OOS earlier this month, but just found out today that I can now be clasified IS...YAY! (Long story short, I filed as in-state contract with KY and was denied, but filed a petition and after months and months finally won!) Anyways, Kaye said I may need to come back and interview again (hopefully not, but we will see!) so maybe I will see some of you all at the interviews! :soexcited:
 
I have not recieved my interview invite yet. However, I did talk to Mrs. Kaye today to confirm something with my application and she said they would be sending out e-mails on Friday. I don't know if they changed it up this year, but they sent out letters to the ISers last year for interviews and acceptances/rejections.
 
hi guys! i'm an OOS alternate, does anyone know how many alternates there are this year? also, if you are selected from the waitlist, are you contacted by email or phone call? good luck to the other alternates and good luck to the ISers interviewing soon!
 
hi guys! i'm an OOS alternate, does anyone know how many alternates there are this year? also, if you are selected from the waitlist, are you contacted by email or phone call? good luck to the other alternates and good luck to the ISers interviewing soon!


Although according to some people I shouldn't be posting in this thread... Kaye will call you if you get called off the waitlist
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rileyroo, why are you so angry? Would you like a hug?


i'm not an angry person at all. i just don't like luplodw even a little bit. if you were here while we were applying, you would've experienced all of her whining. i'm not the only one thankful she's at msu.

and i also don't think this public forum is a place to fight back and forth. i sent her a private message to handle it and she insisted on continuing it in this forum b/c she's a child. some people can't let things go, and would prefer arguing, especially with an audience.

especially in auburn's thread - it should be about auburn and providing information for applicants, not handling personal matters. i don't think it's too much to ask for someone to check their information before posting information regarding the vet school

i dont think this thread should be wasted with petty stuff like this - applicants for c/o 2015 don't need to sort through personal vendettas in order to find information relevant to your application cycle.

it's just a waste of time.

let's keep this thread where it's supposed to be, please. 🙂
 
Last edited:
Now, now, Rileyroo. :eyebrow:
BTW, I love your avatar. Makes me smile every time!!

Anyways, just wanted to say that the most awesomest (word?) vet I know is an Auburn grad. Must be a great school!
 
I'm sorry, but I do think that some of the comments I say may be found helpful for some people. I don't think you necessarily have to be a student at Auburn to be of help. I did go through the process of applying, interviewing, and acceptance there and I think that I could give some helpful information about the process. This rude private message was uncalled for
[ this section deleted ]

Rileyroo- This forum isn't for you to dictate what can and cannot be posted. Luplodw has not breached any terms of service. Any false information she stated can be easily corrected. (After researching the 2014 and 2015 thread, I have not noticed anything that may have caused AUCVM students to be confused about anything.) If she would have said something about a professor or class that was incorrect, then I could possible see why you are up in arms about this. But, really? All this because of an incorrect statement about fall break? Let's not turn into the pre-allo forum.
 
Last edited:
it wasn't from one statement, if you read what i posted to UAmike you would see that i said there's a history - not from auburn threads. i have a personal problem with luplodw, i'm not randomly choosing people to say things to.

the fact that she had to make her snide remark to ruffle feathers and then post a private message on a public forum shows her true character.

it's like i said, some people like to handle matters privately while others insist on having an audience.

now you all might want to continue wasting your time but i dont.

if i was a 2015 applicant, i'd be pretty annoyed that a few people were wasting this thread to publicly bicker back and forth.

moderators notified b/c you all obviously can't keep this thread on track yourselves, and it's beyond ridiculous at this point.
 
Last edited:
Let's not turn into the pre-allo forum.
IMHO, I'm trying to prevent the thread from derailing, not to start a petty fight. 😳 Sorry!

Sorry, AUCVM 2015. Continue with your normal posting. Good luck to all IS who have not heard back yet, good luck to all those waitlisted, and congrats to all who are accepted!:highfive:
 
IMHO, I'm trying to prevent the thread from derailing, not to start a petty fight. 😳 Sorry!

Sorry, AUCVM 2015. Continue with your normal posting. Good luck to all IS who have not heard back yet, good luck to all those waitlisted, and congrats to all who are accepted!:highfive:

Thank you 🙂
 
Well I will get this thing back on track. 😍
I am an OOS acceptee who is seriously considering Auburn over my in-state if I get in (UF). I understand the financial aspect, but we also own a condo in AUburn since I went there for my first 2 years of undergrad. Those of you that attend Auburn, I was wondering why you chose to attend and for those who did not choose Auburn, what was your deciding factor? Any and all feedback is appreciated! 🙂
 
Well I will get this thing back on track. 😍
I am an OOS acceptee who is seriously considering Auburn over my in-state if I get in (UF). I understand the financial aspect, but we also own a condo in AUburn since I went there for my first 2 years of undergrad. Those of you that attend Auburn, I was wondering why you chose to attend and for those who did not choose Auburn, what was your deciding factor? Any and all feedback is appreciated! 🙂


ceg0002,

one of my really good friends chose auburn over their IS school and would probably be a great person to talk to. they are an sdn member and i'll have them get on here and contact you some how. i hope it helps. 🙂

congrats on your acceptance!
 
Well I will get this thing back on track. 😍
I am an OOS acceptee who is seriously considering Auburn over my in-state if I get in (UF). I understand the financial aspect, but we also own a condo in AUburn since I went there for my first 2 years of undergrad. Those of you that attend Auburn, I was wondering why you chose to attend and for those who did not choose Auburn, what was your deciding factor? Any and all feedback is appreciated! 🙂

Hey ceg0002,

I am the SDNer rileyroo speaks of 🙂. I hope I can enlighten you a little on why I chose Auburn over my in state school, Tennessee. I applied to a lot of vet schools (and even some pharmacy schools) so it took quite a bit of interviewing, touring, and time to figure out exactly what was best for me.. especially when you consider the financial aspect. I went to Auburn for undergrad and had many friends here already but there was just something about this place that felt like home. I did very much enjoy touring other vet schools, especially the University of Tennessee, but in my heart, nothing seemed to make me feel the way Auburn did. I know that sounds REALLY cliche but I sat down and crunched the numbers with my parents, realizing I didn't find it worth the in state tuition. Although my Auburn education is going to cost 3x as much as my UT education would have, I realized no amount of money could help me get over the regret of not following my heart and the last thing I wanted in vet school was to be unhappy with WHERE I chose to go to school. I did also take into consideration distance. I am not sure where your home is in Florida compared to Gainesville but from Memphis (where my family is) to Knoxville is six hours as well as from Auburn to Knoxville is Six Hours and from Auburn to Memphis is six hours.. so I decided to stay in Auburn where I had already established some roots instead of being six hours away from both my family and my SO.

Ultimately, it is up to you and where you feel the most comfortable. Sometimes I do get down thinking about the money, but I realized that debt has never killed anybody before and if others can handle it, I could too. I do not regret my decision at all and to be even MORE cliche ...

I believe in Auburn and love it 😉

Feel free to ask any more questions! Hope this helped. 👍
 
No need to apologize for sounding cliche, as a former student, I totally understand what you mean. I have friends that are currently at Auburns CVM and have a few more applying this year. If many of them get in, I am sure that I will choose Auburn. I was just kind of wondering if there was maybe something else out there academically or anything else besides feelings that helped you lean toward AU.
 
No need to apologize for sounding cliche, as a former student, I totally understand what you mean. I have friends that are currently at Auburns CVM and have a few more applying this year. If many of them get in, I am sure that I will choose Auburn. I was just kind of wondering if there was maybe something else out there academically or anything else besides feelings that helped you lean toward AU.

I really think it also came down to the facilities and the town I wanted to spend the next four years in. With the building of the new small animal hospital here at AU and the already fantastic large animal hospital, it is really hard to find a school with a better learning environment. If I think of other things, I will add them as I come up with them :laugh:
 
i'd have to also throw in the Summer Scholars Program. i talked about this research program in my interview b/c i was very involved in biomedical research the last 2 years before starting vet school.

if you get a chance, search for it on AU's vetmed website. even if you don't have a background in research, it's an awesome opportunity to work on research projects currently being conducted here.

the clinicians and facilities at AU were two huge decision factors for me. i have a strong interest in a pretty narrow field and we have 3 clinicians in that department. i've been able to work with them through wetlabs and electives.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My interview is on the Monday of Auburn and UA's spring break 😀. Come see me/talk to me at 11 or so. I'll be beach bound after my interview so I will be in a extremely good mood.
 
My interview is on the Monday of Auburn and UA's spring break 😀. Come see me/talk to me at 11 or so. I'll be beach bound after my interview so I will be in a extremely good mood.


if your interview is march 14 - we probably won't be around (except for those staying to give tours). it's our spring break as well and after these next 2 weeks, we'll definitely be ready for a break!
 
Hey everyone! I'm so excited about Auburn--visiting, etc. has really solidified my wanting to attend AU instead of my IS. 😍

Just wanted to meet some incoming classmates and upperclassmen. So hi!
 
Hey everyone! I'm so excited about Auburn--visiting, etc. has really solidified my wanting to attend AU instead of my IS. 😍

Just wanted to meet some incoming classmates and upperclassmen. So hi!

Sandy, I too am a Florida resident and I am trying to decide between AU and UF 😕 I was wondering what factors may have helped you choose AU over UF. Thanks!!
 
Sandylmac, congratulations on your acceptance and decision to come to Auburn. Welcome to the Auburn family! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or whatever. 😀

Hey everyone! I'm so excited about Auburn--visiting, etc. has really solidified my wanting to attend AU instead of my IS. 😍

Just wanted to meet some incoming classmates and upperclassmen. So hi!