You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Auburn c/o 2015 stand up!!!
Started by UAmike
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just wanted to let you OOS waitlisters know that I called today and declined my spot, so here's to hoping one of you gets it![]()
Congrats on your NCSU acceptance hunterjumper!
Congrats on your NCSU acceptance hunterjumper!
Thanks riley! I loved, loved, LOVED Auburn, and I would have accepted there if I had not gotten into my IS. Unfortunately, the tuition difference makes the decision for me, especially with not being able to obtain IS tuition after a year at Auburn 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I completely understand, I had to decide b/t IS and OOS tuition as well. I'm glad you had the opportunity to choose and were able to make the best decision for yourself. 🙂 I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Auburn and hopefully we will see you at national symposium next year!
Has anyone heard who got the two OOS spots! I hope a OOS alternate on SDN got in! Good luck to all of you interviewing this week and next!
Yea I hear ya. Last year my interview was on Tuesday so I drove up from gulf shores to Auburn, then back down right after my interview, put a lot of miles on my car haha. This year I'm hitting the beach right after the interview. Miller, where are you attending undergrad?
That!Has anyone heard who got the two OOS spots! I hope a OOS alternate on SDN got in! Good luck to all of you interviewing this week and next!
I'm not gonna lie, it's really hard not to get my hopes up. On the other hand, I have a really great back up plan if I don't get accepted, and I'm really excited for it too. Either way.... Lots of changes this summer. 👍
Good luck to those intervieweing this week. I'll be there giving tours Thursday, Friday or both possibly 👍
Pulled myself off of the alternate list today, GOOD LUCK SDNers!
Good luck to those intervieweing this week. I'll be there giving tours Thursday, Friday or both possibly 👍
Too bad I've already come and gone from Auburn! I was barely online during the few days I was there, but I had such an amazing time. It's such a beautiful town, the people were ridiculously friendly Good luck to everyone else who interviews this week! Here's to an agonizing wait for the next couple of week!

Did they let you know when the will tell the KY students their decisions? I am just dying waiting!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure if specifically mentioned rejections....but she told me Friday that admissions/waitlist emails would be sent out on Wednesday (March 23rd) So y'al don't have that much longer to wait.
Found out that I am an alternate.
Group already made! Go to it and like it!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aubur...edicine-Class-of-2015/141595662574527?sk=wall
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aubur...edicine-Class-of-2015/141595662574527?sk=wall
I'm in too!!! So excited to make Auburn my home🙂
Contract IS on alternate list. Trying to stay hopeful :/
Anybody got pulled off the alternate list and accepted yet? :-\ Anybody know when they'll start doing that?
I believe most people on the alternate list start getting called after April 15th, deadline for accepting Auburn's offer. But I have heard of people getting called off the list earlier, or as late as the week before classes start :/Anybody got pulled off the alternate list and accepted yet? :-\ Anybody know when they'll start doing that?
Oh jesus. I just got an email from Kaye at Auburn, subject "alternate status." CUE FREAK OUT. Turns out it was only an email saying, "hey, we're just trying to eliminate the waitlisters who have already accepted offers to other schools.. let us know.." OMG WHAT A LET DOWN! NOW I WANT TO KILL SOMETHING!! lol Helluva April Fools trick, Auburn! Thanks for that one! 😛
Oh jesus. I just got an email from Kaye at Auburn, subject "alternate status." CUE FREAK OUT. Turns out it was only an email saying, "hey, we're just trying to eliminate the waitlisters who have already accepted offers to other schools.. let us know.." OMG WHAT A LET DOWN! NOW I WANT TO KILL SOMETHING!! lol Helluva April Fools trick, Auburn! Thanks for that one! 😛
Got that one too. Alternate acceptances can't be too far behind. Good luck all of us in waiting!

P.S. April fools = good joke Kizmet

Oh jesus. I just got an email from Kaye at Auburn, subject "alternate status." CUE FREAK OUT. Turns out it was only an email saying, "hey, we're just trying to eliminate the waitlisters who have already accepted offers to other schools.. let us know.." OMG WHAT A LET DOWN! NOW I WANT TO KILL SOMETHING!! lol Helluva April Fools trick, Auburn! Thanks for that one! 😛
Got this email too. It gave me a pretty big scare! lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got this email too. It gave me a pretty big scare! lol
whenever i see your username, it makes me wanna sing "the dog days are over, the dog days are done, the horses are comin' so you better run." 🙂
good luck to the alternates!! april 15 is so close, and i hope you all hear good news soon!
whenever i see your username, it makes me wanna sing "the dog days are over, the dog days are done, the horses are comin' so you better run." 🙂
good luck to the alternates!! april 15 is so close, and i hope you all hear good news soon!
Haha, maybe that means my waiting will soon be over and I am going to be called off the waitlist! lol 🙂
Haha, maybe that means my waiting will soon be over and I am going to be called off the waitlist! lol 🙂
👍👍
i hope so!I'm in!!!!!!!!!!! Kaye called me this morning.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for all the SDN waitlisters.
Trying to choose between UTK and Auburn ... any tips? So worried about making the right choice.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for all the SDN waitlisters.

Trying to choose between UTK and Auburn ... any tips? So worried about making the right choice.
First off, Congratulations VetVetVet! 👍 I didn't want to say anything (mostly because I wasn't sure if I was allowed to) but they are now going through Alternate spots (as far as I'm aware....only OOS/non-contract at the moment). Also, VetVetVet....what are you most interested in? I can give you my input on Auburn....but I need a starting point.
Decided on Auburn! So excited and happy.😀
Hope to see many of you there (maybe even next Friday ... though I'm trying to find a good price on a flight still from CA) in the fall.
Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist.
P.S. When do classes start?
Hope to see many of you there (maybe even next Friday ... though I'm trying to find a good price on a flight still from CA) in the fall.
Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist.
P.S. When do classes start?
Last edited:
P.S. When do classes start?
Classes start August 15th. The academic calendar is up now, but unfortunately you can't see it without a username and password.
Congratulations!!! *keeping fingers crossed*
SQUEEEE!!! Auburn is moving!
How do I put that title below my username? AU CVM c/o 2015
ETA: Found it!
How do I put that title below my username? AU CVM c/o 2015
ETA: Found it!
Woohoo! Got a call from Kaye yesterday afternoon!! I think I'm still in shock!! Can't wait to be at Auburn!!
Congratulations playsoccer and Kizmet!
Last edited:
Oh my goodness! I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner.Sandy, I too am a Florida resident and I am trying to decide between AU and UF 😕 I was wondering what factors may have helped you choose AU over UF. Thanks!!
Well, I agree with everyone that first and foremost it is a personal decision. When I visited and subsequently interviewed at Auburn I was truly captivated by the people, the faculty, and the general atmosphere. Not to sound too corny but it truly is a remarkable place and you could just "feel" that it was the right fit. Understanding the financial aspect of attending an out of state school with my family so vehemently against doing so I had to decline my invitation. It was definitely tough but I think that regardless of the route you decide to take to enter this field, you're doing so with a genuine determination to improve human and animal lives. 🙂 Best of luck
and by the way..which did you decide?Hey everyone,
First all, congrats to everyone accepted and best of luck to those waiting to hear back

For those of you moving down here, I have a place I am renting out. It's a two story, pet friendly 1bedroom, 1 bathroom cottage style house literally across from the vet school. If you're interested, just PM me for details!
Thanks!
First all, congrats to everyone accepted and best of luck to those waiting to hear back


For those of you moving down here, I have a place I am renting out. It's a two story, pet friendly 1bedroom, 1 bathroom cottage style house literally across from the vet school. If you're interested, just PM me for details!
Thanks!
IHeartGoldens - msg me if it's still available come July or early August. Do you have your place on CL...? It sounds familiar, I might've seen it or something like it. hah.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got called off the waitlist!! Happy dance happy dance HAPPY DANCE!!! Declined spots at two other schools so two other waitlisters will be very happy!
Kas9ey, congratulations on getting called off the waitlist and welcome to the Auburn family! If you don't mind me asking, which applicant pool are you in? Also, there's a facebook group started for the c/o 2015 that you should check out if you haven't already.
Kas9ey, congratulations on getting called off the waitlist and welcome to the Auburn family! If you don't mind me asking, which applicant pool are you in? Also, there's a facebook group started for the c/o 2015 that you should check out if you haven't already.
Thanks! I am OOS, should have put that to begin with thanks for the reminder! I'm coming from Florida, so I get to keep all the orange and blue and stay in the SEC, good day!! I did find the facebook group too 🙂
Was Auburn hit with any of yesterday's nasty tornadoes? How's everyone holding up?
Was Auburn hit with any of yesterday's nasty tornadoes? How's everyone holding up?
Luckily, the city of Auburn was not affected by the bad weather. We are all praying for/hoping for the best for our neighbors though. 🙁