CSU c/o 2015 wannabes!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurevet3000

Dick Vet 2015
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Uh... I mean CSU c/o 2015 applicants!
I am trying so hard to remain optimistic about my chances at CSU, it is my number one choice and unfortunately I am OOS. I know there are tons of you like me... desperately hoping that they up the OOS acceptance rate from 2% to 3% or something outrageous like that. I figured I would go ahead and start this thread (different than the "CSU portal" thread) so we could share our fears and hopes and dreams and all that jazz. And if some current CSU students want to tell us "it will be okay"... by all means :D. It also does not help that we will be finding out soooon (ish). Before Christmas too... this is either going to be a great holiday season, or one of which I hide from all family and friends. Okay sorry for the semi rant... but I am seriously counting down the days!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat as you...OOSer waiting anxiously to hear from CSU. While it's not my #1 choice, it's certainly second on the list. I've applied to DVM/Ph.D program and have been checking the admissions portal incessantly as it's said they'll be making decisions on that program in "Late October/Early November" -- I feel like early November has already passed!

Anyway, fingers crossed!

Also in the OOS boat. Keeping my fingers crossed, but I know that there's a lot of apps in the pool. :luck::xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a WICHE applicant... We don't hear until early to mid-January! :(

i'm wiche too! i wish we didn't have to wait until after christmas...

I am in the OOS pool also. Not only is CSU in my top 3, but its one of the ONLY schools that my husband can relocate with me. I know its really hard to get in with OOS status, but I am remaining 100% optimistic until I hear otherwise!

Good luck to everyone:)

I am also an OOS hopeful. Lets just hope that Christmas will be a happy time and not a time of disappointment, though the odds are very slim.

In state wannabe here! If it is any consolation to all you OOSers, the odds are apparently slim as in ISer too:p. This is my third time applying there...

Fingers crossed for everyone!:xf:

Good luck to everyone! It appears with all the responses here, that we ARE the applicants that must make it, if we do the math... there are just about as many accepted that are posting here haha, so let's hope they choose us all! I can't wait to hear, regardless... this wait is killing me, I just want to know already. CSU also happens to be one of the schools my boyfriend and I really want/applied to together, so extra fingers crossed. :xf::luck: and some luck of the irish.

OOS student here too! Despite decisions probably being in late december, I check the portal aaabout 2/3x a day.... :D I only applied to 2 schools this year, and this was my only OOS... sooooo fingers crossed. Good Luck to all!! :) :thumbup:

Another CSU hopeful here!

I applied to WSU (in-state) and CSU (out of state). I loooove Colorado, but I know my odds are super slim!

I'm yet another OOS applicant for CSU... while it is my number one choice, I also applied to UGA, MissState, and OkSt.

CSU has always been my number one choice, and even though I have no idea how I would pay for it even if I did get accepted, I have a lot higher chance than all my friends who didn't apply to CSU at all!

Good luck to you all, and make sure to keep us all posted when you hear something, we will get through the anticipation together! :)

Everyone getting some word back from the schools they are applying to is making me so anxious!

Members don't see this ad :)
late-december/early january feels like YEARS away.

is anyone else checking the portal everyday for no reason like me? I am not sure if I am going to make it... :scared:

is anyone else checking the portal everyday for no reason like me? I am not sure if I am going to make it... :scared:

I check in the morning and in the evening every day -- supposedly those of us that have applied for DVM/PhD will be hearing in "late October/Early November" if we've been accepted into that program. I'm not expecting to get in given CSU's reputation, but I can't help but obsess over it anyway. Are there any other CSU DVM/PhD hopefuls out there?

Yes, I have been checking it everyday as well. I applied, OOS applicant.

I'm just hoping they hold off on the rejections until after Christmas.....

I'm just hoping they hold off on the rejections until after Christmas.....

If it makes you feel any better, last year the decisions were posted on December 28th. So it'll be an anxiety-ridden Christmas and either a very happy or very sad New Year for me if they do that again this year!

I'm another OOS app (2nd go round)... Already got my 'rejection' for the MPH/DVM program, so I'm not holding out too much hope for myself. However, I like that they're kind enough to send out decisions in time for folks to 'get on with things'. Makes me wish more schools would do that.

Best of luck to ALL!! :luck:

Another CSU 2015 applicant here. I don't know if I should be excited that my IS is such an awesome school...or discouraged that its so hard to get into (even IS!). I'm glad they notify early :scared:.

So, today the (not so unexpected) news came that I wasn't accepted to DVM/PhD at CSU. It's not a huge surprise as they take 2-ish applicants each year to this program. So, now I'm out into the DVM admissions pool with the rest of you folks and hoping for the best. If there are any other DVM/PhD applicants out there, my decision was posted on the portal this (the 29th) morning. Now to wait for "late December" !

Aw, sorry to hear that Bruin33. Welcome to our pool - the water is fine, but boy are the people restless! :laugh:

25 days until christmas... ~25 days until we find out something from CSU!?
I don't know which I am more excited for, though I am going into this assuming a rejection, being OOS and all, I did the math, it isn't looking good. But, I am excited for a response regardless!

I agree futurevet, it would be nice to have an answer either way!

Bruin33, I had considered applying for that program but I really felt like I was in no way competitive enough... at least you had the drive and confidence to apply!

Bruin33, I had considered applying for that program but I really felt like I was in no way competitive enough... at least you had the drive and confidence to apply!

I figured it couldn't hurt to try -- I have a strong research background and application to the DVM/PhD doesn't affect your status for DVM admissions. It's a bummer to get the thumbs down from them, but considering these DVM/PhD programs take so very few people (CSU says they hope to admit 2 people a year!), I'm not too discouraged by the rejection.

If it makes you feel any better, last year the decisions were posted on December 28th. So it'll be an anxiety-ridden Christmas and either a very happy or very sad New Year for me if they do that again this year!

It's not so bad for me this year; I applied to CSU - but I'm pretty sure I'll get rejected. I was rejected the last three years; so I figure, odds are pretty slim for this year.

But I applied to eight other schools.

Mostly, I just want to go home for Christmas and say, 'No, I haven't heard anything yet' instead of 'Yeah - I got rejected from the first school....'

It's not so bad for me this year; I applied to CSU - but I'm pretty sure I'll get rejected. I was rejected the last three years; so I figure, odds are pretty slim for this year.

But I applied to eight other schools.

Mostly, I just want to go home for Christmas and say, 'No, I haven't heard anything yet' instead of 'Yeah - I got rejected from the first school....'

I feel the same way about getting to say at Christmas "No, I haven't heard anything yet" but at the same time it's killing me to wait so I think that overrides it for me to know before Christmas!
And Robdude, I think you're persistance is very impressive and I hope you get in somewhere this year if not CSU somewhere else! You obviously really want this!

Good luck to everyone!! I have my fingers crossed for you all :)

Hello, Ohio resident whose family lives in Denver. The portal still shows "in review". Sending good vibes to everyone

-Tom

WISHING EVERYONE HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

I can't wait to meet next year's class and I am really looking forward to having a little sib, hopefully a SDNer. If anyone has questions, concerns, excitement over CSU let me know. I am more to talk to people. I start finals tomorrow, which kinda sucks and is why I'm procrastinating on SDN, but this semester has been AMAZING.

Hugs to all.

I can't wait to meet next year's class and I am really looking forward to having a little sib, hopefully a SDNer. If anyone has questions, concerns, excitement over CSU let me know. I am more to talk to people. I start finals tomorrow, which kinda sucks and is why I'm procrastinating on SDN, but this semester has been AMAZING.

Hugs to all.

Thanks Chill, and good luck on finals!!! So happy to hear you had a good semester!

on the final countdown (assuming previous year time frame)... 15 more days!

Ditto!

One word of advice: think about how badly you want that acceptance letter right now. How you would do ANYTHING for it... and hold on to that thought. When you do get in and the first major exams roll around and you hear everyone around you b*tching about the pettiest things and you lose sight of why you're in school, just remembering how badly you wanted to be here goes a long way. Because you WILL get in. Even if it's not this time around, you will if you keep at it.

(and this is coming from someone who's obviously still procrastinating at 3 am before the first final!)

Has anyone seen the announcement update which was posted this afternoon! They may be making updates for admits/denies as early as this Friday!

I don't think I am ready to be depressed this early. :scared:

Good luck to everyone!

Has anyone seen the announcement update which was posted this afternoon! They may be making updates for admits/denies as early as this Friday!

Good luck to everyone!

:eek: (palpitations...)

GOOD LUCK :luck:

Good luck to everyone!

Yikes - well, so much for my 'Not until after Christmas' wish :)

Good luck

Good luck to everyone!

:scared: I was hoping to get a slight breather after finals! So I will be getting grades back AND a notification.

I will let you all know if I end up in the ER.

:eek::scared::eek::scared: about sums it up. Maybe a little green nauseous looking smiley too...

Good luck everyone!!!!

Good luck to everyone!

Just when I find out Purdue makes their decisions this week, so does CSU. I' hoping/praying for something!!

Good luck to everyone on finals!!:luck:

Wow, 3 pm MT this Friday -- that's so specific! Best wishes to everyone and good luck getting anything productive done this week with this hanging over your heads :oops:.

So...we can all meet here to commiserate at 3:01 PM MT on Friday?

Fingers crossed. Good luck, everyone.

Studying for my biochem final tomorrow just came to a screeching halt after reading the update... I can no longer focus (not that I was doing a good job of that before).

Edit: Also, ditto on the good luck for everyone!

Studying for my biochem final tomorrow just came to a screeching halt after reading the update... I can no longer focus (not that I was doing a good job of that before).

Edit: Also, ditto on the good luck for everyone!

Ahhh my biochem final is on Friday... I am extra nervous for it... and now this!??! Oh man I am hyperventilating but so excited that some news will be coming our way. :luck::xf::eek: :scared: = my emotions. I think Edinburgh sends out stuff soon too. Christmas could be really awesome or really sad.

Dear Santa, please give me an acceptance to CSU. I promise I have been good this year!

BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE.

I'm expecting not to get in...simply because it seems like I have a better chance of winning the lottery or being struck by lightening! :lol:
But for those of you who are in-state and/or this is you #1 choice I wish you the best of luck! I'm looking forward to Friday so I get to see those few people with joyous status updates!

OK, wow. I am not emotionally prepared for this! Especially since the timing is such that I will get the news and less than an hour later be at the airport headed to my Kansas interview. I will be either too giddy or too depressed to concentrate on the interview! But then it brings up the question: if I get in, do I get on the plane? I can't even allow myself to think like that though... if history repeats itself, I will need to get on that plane and give it my all!

:luck::xf::luck::xf::luck::xf::luck:

I'm expecting not to get in...simply because it seems like I have a better chance of winning the lottery or being struck by lightening! :lol:

Isn't that the truth! But still, why do I feel so anxious!!?:eek:

OK, wow. I am not emotionally prepared for this! Especially since the timing is such that I will get the news and less than an hour later be at the airport headed to my Kansas interview. I will be either too giddy or too depressed to concentrate on the interview! But then it brings up the question: if I get in, do I get on the plane? I can't even allow myself to think like that though... if history repeats itself, I will need to get on that plane and give it my all!

:luck::xf::luck::xf::luck::xf::luck:

I vote no matter what you get on the plane ;)

Just when I find out Purdue makes their decisions this week, so does CSU. I' hoping/praying for something!!

Good luck to everyone on finals!!:luck:

How did you find out about Purdue, did they send out an e-mail? Is the upcoming update for IS or OOS?

also, I'll now be counting down the hours until Friday and 3pm (5pm for me)...thats not stressful at all....