CSU c/o 2015 wannabes!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How did you find out about Purdue, did they send out an e-mail? Is the upcoming update for IS or OOS?

also, I'll now be counting down the hours until Friday and 3pm (5pm for me)...thats not stressful at all....

I heard it on the other Purdue thread, and I have talked to current vet students who all received notifications during our finals week (which is this week usually). Usually they snail mail decisions, but I heard an email could be sent out for interview invites only, and rejections letters get snail mail. And it is supposed to be mid-week.
 
Has anyone seen the announcement update which was posted this afternoon! They may be making updates for admits/denies as early as this Friday!

Joy! Rapture! What a great capper my probable rejection will be to my @#$%"&! week.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Isn't that the truth! But still, why do I feel so anxious!!?😱


BUT SOMEONE HAS TO WIN THE LOTTERY! Well 32 people do. Why not us?! That's my mentality right now... just to stay sane. Though I have never won anything in my life. Side note: CSU is another school my boyfriend and I applied to together, and I will be with him when we get our news... I am going to be sick... :scared:
 
BUT SOMEONE HAS TO WIN THE LOTTERY! Well 32 people do. Why not us?! That's my mentality right now...

I had that same exact mentality the last 2 years, and when I thought about it, there's a drawing for the MegaMillions 2 times/week and I'm SURE there's more than 50 people who win maybe not the jackpot but at least 1 million dollars in a year. So in a little psychotic flurry, I felt like my odds of winning the lottery was much better than getting into CSU. At one point I felt like my getting into CSU depended on my winning the lottery 😕.

When I was at work late and I still hadn't bought my tix for that night's drawing, on two occasions, I dumped my experiment and ran out to the nearest atm to get cash to bring to the nearest convenience store to buy those tickets! Boy it burned at midnight, when I was still stuck at the lab redoing said experiment when I found out I didn't win anything... (Next morning, my boss would be like "you've been working so hard. Thanks!" and I didn't really know what to say).

I bought the same 3 tickets (all with my family's bdays) for every drawing for 1.5 years consecutively... and that ended up being a $6/week down the toilet. But I DID win the CSU lottery! And it's true, you can't win unless you play!

BEST OF LUCK to everyone who's waiting to hear back on Friday! But seriously the whole process is very much a big lottery (admission decisions are so very random) so if you don't win, please don't take it personally. Just the fact that you've taken all your pre-reqs and had everything together to apply competitively is a huuuge accomplishment.
 
My heart jumped into my throat last night when I saw that announcement. They are a little over a week sooner than they were last year. I don't know if I could handle Christmas with another rejection. Did anyone else pull out their app and obsessively nitpick it to death after they found out? My boyfriend told me to just put it out of my mind. Easy for him to say, I anticipate that on Friday starting about 2:45 I will be logged on and obsessively pressing the "refresh" button with some crazy cracked out look on my face.
 
I have to work until 6 pm that day, family coming in at 8 pm for graduation the following day; I told them I will either be joyously celebrating or drinking my sorrows away. Either way, this looks like its gonna be a dangerous weekend! Haha
 
I will be staying up late (it's 8 hours later here) obsessively clicking refresh on both the CSU portal and SDN.

GOOD LUCK everyone! 32 of us are gonna make it!! :luck:
 
Okay, so i was playing around on the portal (which I check everyday, lol)
And today, under "CHECK RECEPT OF MATERIALS" a box for my specific transcripts came up (obviously unchecked because we aren't supposed to send transcripts unless we are accepted/alternates)....Right? Did everybody get this "transcript box" added.........
 
Okay, so i was playing around on the portal (which I check everyday, lol)
And today, under "CHECK RECEPT OF MATERIALS" a box for my specific transcripts came up (obviously unchecked because we aren't supposed to send transcripts unless we are accepted/alternates)....Right? Did everybody get this "transcript box" added.........

I really might be having some sort of medical anxiety emergency right now. But yes, I have those boxes now (and didn't a few days ago).

Probably means nothing, but...
 
Okay, so i was playing around on the portal (which I check everyday, lol)
And today, under "CHECK RECEPT OF MATERIALS" a box for my specific transcripts came up (obviously unchecked because we aren't supposed to send transcripts unless we are accepted/alternates)....Right? Did everybody get this "transcript box" added.........

NO!?
THIS IS SO BAD...I am starting to run through a list of things in my head... like maybe they're not to my name in the alphabet?! (my last name begins with G). And maybe this means nothing.

But it obviously means everything. There goes my biochem studying... sheesh.
 
I also have those boxes now. Of course, my first panic attack was "how could I forget to send my transcripts in???" :laugh: I didn't even consider that they might be related to the as-yet unknown admission status until I came here. I'm betting they mean nothing.

FV3000, the three of us who have the boxes all look to be IS. So, there is at least one pattern that isn't related to future admissions status. Try not to drive yourself crazy. It could even be the applications they've reviewed so far and those they have yet to do this week. It could be lots of things.

The good news is that when I'm stressed out I like to keep busy/bury myself in work. I'm going to get about a month's worth done at work this week 😉. I'll probably be cleaning my apartment around 4am Friday...
 
NO!?
THIS IS SO BAD...I am starting to run through a list of things in my head... like maybe they're not to my name in the alphabet?! (my last name begins with G). And maybe this means nothing.

But it obviously means everything. There goes my biochem studying... sheesh.



I'm starting to freak out for the same reason, though I'm also OOS. Right now I'm just hoping that it has to do with IS vs. OOS... *hyperventilates*
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If any OOSers want to fess up and say that they have the boxes, I think we will then have our answer 3 days early.
 
Well, if those of us that haven't are all OOS maybe there's something to that and they just are processing still... which is what I'm believing now.
 
Boiler up, Boilercowgrl!

It's hard to stay hopeful (but I'm trying) when the odds aren't good.
 
I'm also out of state and have no boxes. Maybe we should be keeping an eye out? I'm guessing they might have only done the instate ones first? (the IS pool is also much smaller)...Here's to hoping...
 
I'm also out of state and have no boxes. Maybe we should be keeping an eye out? I'm guessing they might have only done the instate ones first? (the IS pool is also much smaller)...Here's to hoping...

Yes, this idea is starting to look more promising... starting to feel ever so slightly better.
 
Ithaca...Yeah, we SHOULD chill out until Friday...but you know the large majority are just going to be fiendishly clicking around on our CSU Portal and checking this forum until we drive ourselves to insanity..boxes...no boxes...boxes....The fact that finals are over for me only makes the situation more probable...hahaha🙂
 
Sorry if I started some sort of a panic guys.
These schools....I kind of think they enjoy keeping us on the edge of our seats all jittery, lol
But it looks like its an IS vs OOS thing and your guys' must be coming...it is only Tuesday. Probably by Friday everyone will have their boxes regardless of the verdict.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE :luck::xf::luck::xf:
 
OOS and no boxes...hoping that supports the theory that this doesn't mean anything for our admission decisions.
if any OOS get boxes, please let us know!!!
 
Just checked - I'm OOS and have no boxes. Think were on to something? :idea:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Definitely IS and definitely no boxes :scared:

But GOOD LUCK to everyone!
 
Last edited:
I think they should mysteriously somewhere around an odd page (like the 'phase' page) and the bottom right hand corner (Don't keep trying to peek!) since I'm always hunting around for evidence.... because I probably would look there lol.
 
STOP TRYING TO CRACK THE SYSTEM

We've seen it before and it usually doesn't work.

Deep breaths... it will be okay. Stop looking for boxes. :d

(easy for me to say...)

TT is right1... no sense in panicking prematurely. I calmed down a bit after my brief panic attack last night. Just got to sit and wait until Friday comes. I don't know why I got so worked up, seeing as I do not expect to get in anyway 😳. Here's to hoping!

I am also watching Animal Cops on AP instead of studying biochem right now. Good life decision.
 
Exactly... I was talking to my dad last night about when I should start to hear back from schools and how many people get in out of state vs # of OOS applicants, etc and he just interrupted me mid-sentence and said "STOP!". That threw me off, haha, and he said just stop thinking about it and enjoy each day until it comes, sound advice.
 
I have boxes too...












Regardless they are for packing presents in ... but they are boxes... 😉

I didn't apply to CSU but you guys are silly.. and TT made me lol, so I had to comment..

Good luck guys... just wear huggies for the rest of the year and you will be fine!
 
So I don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but did anyone's "reciept of transcripts" box disappear? I had one this morning when I checked and now it's gone. I was just wondering if that happened to anyone else. It's perfectly possible I was hallucinating. Stress coupled with sleep depravation does that sometimes...
 
So I don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but did anyone's "reciept of transcripts" box disappear? I had one this morning when I checked and now it's gone. I was just wondering if that happened to anyone else. It's perfectly possible I was hallucinating. Stress coupled with sleep depravation does that sometimes...

Also, this may be a good thing for all of you that said this morning that you didn't have a box. Maybe you did and it disappeared...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep, mine disappeared too. Maybe the admissions folk got wind that the Box Situation was causing mayhem on the interwebs. It was so hard *not* to freak out about that, even though it probably was a mistake and meant nothing.

48 hours and we'll know for sure...:scared: :xf: for everyone!!
 
Uh-oh, looks like I'm going to have to break the rules and use a work computer for "personal use" to check the portal on Friday afternoon!!!! Fingers and toes are crossed! Good luck everyone!:scared:
 
i just want to mention also to not lose faith if you are made an alternate...i as well as a bunch of my classmates were alternates so your lottery odds can go bigger than out of 32 spots 🙂

good luck to you all!
 
One more day (plus a few hours I guess). I'm almost as interested in finding out if the boxes meant anything as I am in finding out if I got in (but not really). Did SDN decode the mighty CSU, or was it all in their heads, tune in tomorrow to find out. Good luck everyone
 
One more day (plus a few hours I guess). I'm almost as interested in finding out if the boxes meant anything as I am in finding out if I got in (but not really). Did SDN decode the mighty CSU, or was it all in their heads, tune in tomorrow to find out. Good luck everyone

🙂

so much biochemistry today so little time. my mind is definitely elsewhere. damn you final on the same day as csu updates. damn you.

see yah at the finish line