Waitlisted at Nova

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drpj

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else get waitlisted??? What are the chances of people getting in after getting waitlisted?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else get waitlisted??? What are the chances of people getting in after getting waitlisted?

I got wait listed a little more than an hour ago.

Can you only get off the waitlist after Jan 15? or any time between now and then?

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here, saw the aadsas status change to waitlisted. I've heard the waitlist moves a lot for Nova, has anyone heard anything similar? Do they rank the waitlist?

I'm assuming we won't hear anything now until january 15 after the initial deposits...

I just checked previous threads on people getting waitlisted at Nova... Supposedly it moves really fast and that we are ranked but the rank constantly changes. We also will find out around Mid-January.

This sucks. :(

I just checked previous threads on people getting waitlisted at Nova... Supposedly it moves really fast and that we are ranked but the rank constantly changes. We also will find out around Mid-January.

This sucks. :(

umm, I dunno about the mid-january thing.... because starting this year, you have only 30 days (not 45 like the old days) to send in your deposits. So you should hear back from Nova by January 1st

the fact that NOVA's wait lists moves a bit faster compared to other schools make me feel better :xf:

umm, I dunno about the mid-january thing.... because starting this year, you have only 30 days (not 45 like the old days) to send in your deposits. So you should hear back from Nova by January 1st

Okay that makes me feel a lot better! I know for previous years it was 45 days. I had no idea it changed to 30 days. I just hate this whole waiting process.

BTW, I checked AADSAS this morning at like 10am and saw that I was waitlisted.

Members don't see this ad :)
SAME! got waitlisted! Kinda bummed about it :/ What do we do nextt

sigh got waitlisted too but maybe it's a blessing because they have sent out rejections too....

sigh got waitlisted too but maybe it's a blessing because they have sent out rejections too....

you mean they sent out rejection for people who interviewed already?

i thought schools aren't updating until Dec1. Did anybody try to call?

from Nova's wait list, who interviewed with Dr. Lippman?

I did.

Why? Did you get interviewed by him as well?

yup,:cool:
the funny thing is that I have heard waayy too many good things about this guy, but they were all Lieeeeeeeeees, lol jk

ps. my homie was with the other two Doc's and he was barely involved in their conversation. he felt left out, :rolleyes:

dont get too down about being waitlisted. there will be considerable movement. the waitlist is also constantly changing, as interviews go continually thru january. I haven't heard anything about it only being a 30 day deposit period, but last year it was 45 days. after that, it was 30 days.

There probably will not be much movement until after that first deposit period, at which time there will be more acceptances. if you really want to go here, continue to show your interest in the program, but don't be annoying about it. I got in off the waitlist last year. it happens. good luck to everyone.

startrak what do you recommend a Davie local should do to help get off the waitlist??

dont get too down about being waitlisted. there will be considerable movement. the waitlist is also constantly changing, as interviews go continually thru january. I haven't heard anything about it only being a 30 day deposit period, but last year it was 45 days. after that, it was 30 days.

There probably will not be much movement until after that first deposit period, at which time there will be more acceptances. if you really want to go here, continue to show your interest in the program, but don't be annoying about it. I got in off the waitlist last year. it happens. good luck to everyone.

Hi classmate! (though I can't tell who you are??) Haha anywayyy people listen to this post- mostly about continuing to show interest! I was sooo sad about being wait-listed Dec. 1st, so I sent a follow-up email (to update some shadowing and extracurricular info and express my interest in NSU specifically) got the call EARLY Jan 15th that I was in. I am convinced that if you really want it, and think you are good enough for it, let them know (w/in reason)!!

Good luck guys, its a whole lot of waiting from here on out soo don't give up hope yet!

Really like happy NOVA students....:)

I got wait listed, too. :confused:

DAT AA 23/ TS 24/ PAT 27

Last edited:
Waitlisted!! Kinda strange...it's not the first yet??

wait listed this morning too :(:( i interviewed on september 30th, what about everyone else?

I was very disappointed when I found out I was "Wait Listed" My scores are great and I thought I had a very strong app. I also felt like my interview went well. I have no clue what to think now:confused:

i got wait listed at NOVA today as well. what a bummer.

i received a letter via snail mail from them stating that i was "low hold" .... i guess meaning that i have low priority of getting in? anyone else who is wait listed get a letter from NOVA?? is there like a low/medium/high hold?????

i am so confused...:confused:

i got wait listed at NOVA today as well. what a bummer.

i received a letter via snail mail from them stating that i was "low hold" .... i guess meaning that i have low priority of getting in? anyone else who is wait listed get a letter from NOVA?? is there like a low/medium/high hold?????

i am so confused...:confused:
?

Last edited:
I'm in Florida too and haven't gotten my letter. I called Nova's admission office and I was told that our positions on the wait list will be determined in January. Gonna keep praying for January acceptance!!

Is Nova everyone's first choice school?

I was wait listed by Nova, according to AADSAS, and I received a letter in the mail today from Nova saying I am on "high hold". I am not sure what this means exactly. Obviously there is some kind of ranking for the wait list considering the Betsy14 was place on "low hold". I just don't know if low or high hold is better

I imagine "high hold" would rank better than "low hold"...Is it true this year they only have 30days (instead of 45) to put in the deposit? Meaning wait list could move by Jan 1?

I got my waitlisted letter today and it said I was a "High Hold"..thought I'd comment so we know there is some type of ranking going on.

My letter says "High Hold" as well. I'd assume that high hold is better than low hold.

And it is true, previous years it was 45 days but this year it was changed to 30 days.

i've also been waitlisted at NOVA as a "high hold" candidate...wish january could come around quickly!!
really hoping for the best for all of us!

Letter says "Highl Hold",
Can anyone with Low Hold share what the letter says?

Thanks
John

Last edited: