***Official Case Western Reserve Acceptance Thread 2015***

dentaldore

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
AHHH I can't believe it!!! I'm so excited I got into Case!!

Members don't see this ad.

i'm in. not sure which school i'll end up choosing yet! such a tough choice!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in! Mostly likely going!

I got the acceptance via aadsas. I did not receive an email yet...have you?

I got in too!! Can't decide between Case or Pitt though...

Did you guys get blanked yesterday? My status went from "Invited for Interview" to "Received/Under Review" yesterday and hasn't changed today. I guess I will just have to wait for my letter to come in the mail.

Does anyone have a "Wait Listed" status?

:xf::xf:

Did you guys get blanked yesterday? My status went from "Invited for Interview" to "Received/Under Review" yesterday and hasn't changed today. I guess I will just have to wait for my letter to come in the mail.

Does anyone have a "Wait Listed" status?

:xf::xf:

I was blanked yesterday. Good luck! :xf:

Accepted! We receive a letter in the mail later in the week I believe!

Does "offer made" mean accepted? I got a blank last night and changed to offer made this morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I just got an acceptance from Case but would really love to talk to someone about a bunch of questions I have about the school. Does anyone know of someone I could ask? Or know how I can get a hold of someone to ask?

Thanks!

Hey! I just got an acceptance from Case but would really love to talk to someone about a bunch of questions I have about the school. Does anyone know of someone I could ask? Or know how I can get a hold of someone to ask?

Thanks!

Congrats!! I would call admissions and ask to speak to/get the email of one of the students who gives the tours...then report back on this thread with the answers you find! :D

Thanks!

I'm a 4th yr. student at CWRU. Feel free to PM me or ask on here.

I'm a 4th yr. student at CWRU. Feel free to PM me or ask on here.

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions, Carpedm! I heard that you guys recently got a new clinic director, who has changed how the clinic operates, what the students are allowed to do/not do, etc. I was wondering if you thought the changes were for the better or if you are not a fan of the new director. Also, how much exposure do you have to each of the specialties? I know Case has each specialty department and you do rotations through them, but do you actually get to work on patients or do most cases go to residents? Thanks again for your help!

In this morning via aadsas :) :) :D

Blanked Nov 30 morning.

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions, Carpedm! I heard that you guys recently got a new clinic director, who has changed how the clinic operates, what the students are allowed to do/not do, etc. I was wondering if you thought the changes were for the better or if you are not a fan of the new director. Also, how much exposure do you have to each of the specialties? I know Case has each specialty department and you do rotations through them, but do you actually get to work on patients or do most cases go to residents? Thanks again for your help!

The new clinic director is great. She is very helpful and I feel comfortable talking to her about questions/concerns that I have. It has definitely gotten better with her here and I know other students feel the same way.
With the specialties, it depends on the specialty. If you want more exposure in a specialty, they are fine with having you shadow/help. But chances are that you won't be doing any 3rd molar extractions or molar endo or crown lengthening... It all just depends on difficulty/liability.

@carpedm- do you have any cons about the school that you have experienced that maybe the tour guides and whatnot haven't expressed?

@carpedm- do you have any cons about the school that you have experienced that maybe the tour guides and whatnot haven't expressed?

Without having to think very hard, the biggest con is definitely the price. Especially as I'm getting close to graduation, I've likely got $300,000+ in student loans (just from dental school). There is a lot of paperwork and dental treatment takes a long time for patients, but I'm sure that's typical of every other dental school.
Most of the other cons are about Cleveland, not necessarily Case. I HATE the winters in Cleveland (cloudy and cold from Oct-March). There are some pretty ghetto areas in Cleveland, but if you don't go to those areas it's not a big deal. If you haven't seen this video, this says it better than anything else - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM
I honestly can't think of much that I would consider a con about Case, except tuition.

Without having to think very hard, the biggest con is definitely the price. Especially as I'm getting close to graduation, I've likely got $300,000+ in student loans (just from dental school). There is a lot of paperwork and dental treatment takes a long time for patients, but I'm sure that's typical of every other dental school.
Most of the other cons are about Cleveland, not necessarily Case. I HATE the winters in Cleveland (cloudy and cold from Oct-March). There are some pretty ghetto areas in Cleveland, but if you don't go to those areas it's not a big deal. If you haven't seen this video, this says it better than anything else - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM
I honestly can't think of much that I would consider a con about Case, except tuition.

Hahaha that video was hilarious!! Thanks for posting your comments for us! Yea, I'm sure the winters are not too fun...

What is the social life like? Do you guys interact with the Med/Law students at all for social events? Where are the best places downtown?

Has anyone started a facebook group yet??

hey guys:

1. is case's dental school located on the same campus as CWR?
2. how would i find the admissions building for the interview?

thanks, appreciate the help. i looked through the interview packet and also the website but wasnt able to find the answers to these questions

lastly, congrats =]

Last edited:
Just gave up my seat, figured those with interviews would like to know. Good luck

Hey y'all! I finally decided on going to Case for D-School!!! :D I'm so excited. I hope everyone (who celebrated) had a Merry Christmas. Can't wait to get to know my future classmates!

This thread and the Case C/O 2015 facebook group are sadly quiet and sleepy...:sleep:

Kinda hard to get to know future classmates (and possibly roommates :D) when no one is coming forward on the thread and/or joining the facebook group :(

I know CWR is D3, but where are my fellow Spartans??

Hey everyone,

I think this thread and facebook group have been collecting some dust, but today was the final day to have a deposit received by Case, which is so exciting! Step right up and join the facebook group!! :love:

Case2015

This thread and the Case C/O 2015 facebook group are sadly quiet and sleepy...:sleep:

Kinda hard to get to know future classmates (and possibly roommates :D) when no one is coming forward on the thread and/or joining the facebook group :(

I know CWR is D3, but where are my fellow Spartans??

Go Spartans sounds so much better than, "Go Scientists Go!!" Glad CWR changed the football team's name!:laugh:

When did you intervew? when I called the school they told me I would know by end of January... hmm I gues they're wrong lol

OMG sorry. wrong thread. I ctrl+f "western" and mistakenly wrote on case western thread. SORRY!!!! obviously I'm too excited..

Last edited:
I'm trying to decide if I should go to my Case interview or cancel it. I've already deposited at Penn. Can anyone share their reasons for choosing Case? Thanks.

I'm trying to decide if I should go to my Case interview or cancel it. I've already deposited at Penn. Can anyone share their reasons for choosing Case? Thanks.

Case is about 50k cheaper/4 years than Penn if you consider educational cost + living expenses.

UPenn is $22,000 more in tuition. More like $50K more when you add the UPenn fees. The cost to live in Philly is 2-3X the cost of Cleveland. Rent in Philly $1200-$1800@ Month vs. $450-600@ month in Cleveland. All totaled the cost difference is closer to $100,000!! I would definitely choose CASE, but only if you are lucky enough to get in. :)

I would pay 100K more to attend Penn than Case...
You have a chance to attend an Ivey and Case is just depressing.
Just cancel the interview and go to Penn.
Let someone who really wants to attend Case get the chance.

I would pay 100K more to attend Penn than Case...
You have a chance to attend an Ivey and Case is just depressing.
Just cancel the interview and go to Penn.
Let someone who really wants to attend Case get the chance.

No way is Penn worth $100,000 more. By the time the 100K is paid back, it's really more like 250-300K, and that is on top of the $320,000 you would owe, assuming you went to Case. Ivy League dental school does not make you a better dentist.

Not me... would you mind sharing what was in the email?

Just received an acceptance!!!!! Sooo excited!! Official letters will be mailed out on Monday! Good luck everyone!!

Just received an acceptance!!!!! Sooo excited!! Official letters will be mailed out on Monday! Good luck everyone!!

Congrats! how did they notify you?

email? call? AADSAS?

Congrats!! I got the listserv email too. It just said Welcome to the List dent2015. That was it, so I'm guessing they're going to use that to communicate with students who put a deposit down. Did anyone else get this too? Or followup information?

Thank you guys!! I was actually notified by a phone call. Did not receive the listserv email, and under AADSAS my status is still marked as invited for interview.

Thank you guys!! I was actually notified by a phone call. Did not receive the listserv email, and under AADSAS my status is still marked as invited for interview.

So the person who interviewed you called you?