***Official Indiana University Acceptance Thread C/O 2015***

DownFracture

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in! Who is joining me?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in as well! Are you folks residents of Indiana? And if not, I am curious, why Indiana?? Thanks a ton in advance!

OH and CONGRATS!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be attending...congratulations everyone!

Me too! I already live in Indy, so if anyone is already in the Indianapolis area, or will be visiting and wants to meet up for a beer or something, send me a message.

I'm in as well! Are you folks residents of Indiana? And if not, I am curious, why Indiana?? Thanks a ton in advance!

OH and CONGRATS!!!

Actually IUPUI are the Jaguars if I'm not mistaken...IU are the Hoosiers. The dental school is part of IUPUI correct?

The last thing I told my interview panel was, "If you offer me a seat, my search for a dental school ends immediately. I have my deposit check made out to IUSD, just ask for it." They seemed a little taken aback, but at least they knew I wasn't playing around.

Congratulations to the rest of you. Now it's time for an ice cold beer or three. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

The last thing I told my interview panel was, "If you offer me a seat, my search for a dental school ends immediately. I have my deposit check made out to IUSD, just ask for it." They seemed a little taken aback, but at least they knew I wasn't playing around.

Nice! :thumbup:

Actually IUPUI are the Jaguars if I'm not mistaken...IU are the Hoosiers. The dental school is part of IUPUI correct?

yes, technically it is on the IUPUI campus, but its also not called the IUPUISD, gotta become a Hoosier fan if you're comin here!

yes, technically it is on the IUPUI campus, but its also not called the IUPUISD, gotta become a Hoosier fan if you're comin here!

That's quite confusing because all of the faculty have emails that end in "@iupui.edu" and the dental students have ID's called "Jag Tags"... yet they are hoosiers?

I got wait-listed at Indiana. I only interviewed at two schools and this is the first that I've heard from. My brother goes there currently and the Dean said I was pretty close to the beginning of the wait list. I'm a little weary of the high out of state tuition for all four years but if it's my only option I'll take it.

I can't decide on iu or marquette. are you all planning on just taking out loans or are any of you thinking of any other methods?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted this morning off the waitlist. It's my first acceptance and my wife also got into PT school at IU so I'm about 90% sure that I'll be going.

Hey All:
I will be a MS1 at ISUM and looking for housing. Because there isn't a 2015 thread for med, I hope you don't mind me sharing your space. Does anyone have any opinions on the Canal apartments? According to apartmentratings.com, the reviews aren't very promising. Let me know when you get a chance!

Hey All:
I will be a MS1 at ISUM and looking for housing. Because there isn't a 2015 thread for med, I hope you don't mind me sharing your space. Does anyone have any opinions on the Canal apartments? According to apartmentratings.com, the reviews aren't very promising. Let me know when you get a chance!

Don't know about Canal. I'm looking into Manchester Village. I hear it's kind of a dump and a lot of crazies, but it's the cheapest rent around and about 5 min from campus

I just turned down my spot on the 1st. Hope one of you gets the spot! Good luck!

Hey All:

Have you found an apartment yet? I am also apart of C/O 2015 Indy! I need somewhere CHEAP to stay!

Don't know about Canal. I'm looking into Manchester Village. I hear it's kind of a dump and a lot of crazies, but it's the cheapest rent around and about 5 min from campus

Do you know how manchester Village looks! I am thinking about moving there as well... but i am scared! it would be nice to have classmates in the same environment!

Do you know how manchester Village looks! I am thinking about moving there as well... but i am scared! it would be nice to have classmates in the same environment!

I talked to the manager and she said there is a bunch of dental/medical students there. My wife saw the outside of the building and she said it looks fine. That being said, there have been a couple of murders there in the past. :scared:

I talked to the manager and she said there is a bunch of dental/medical students there. My wife saw the outside of the building and she said it looks fine. That being said, there have been a couple of murders there in the past. :scared:

Here are the two most important links you need when looking for housing in Indianapolis.

Real time 911 calls and an archive so you can search your potential neighborhood. Many places in Indy look great during the day but they aren't so great at night.:

http://www.indystar.com/911?odyssey=mod|dnmiss|umbrella|3

Here's where people are getting killed. Stay away from 38th St., or not, up to you. Just give me a heads up and I will pay for your new term life insurance and you can make me the beneficiary:

http://www.indystar.com/homicides?odyssey=mod|dnmiss|umbrella|1

I live 24 minutes from campus in a very safe apartment complex full of old people and professional types that are looking for homes to purchase. I know of two other dental students that have stayed here their entire 4 years. Apartments are huge and relatively cheap (much cheaper than on the canal). PM me if you want any other information.

I'm class of '15 by the way. I just changed my status to "dental student" because I was tired of waiting.

Hey guys! I will be in IUSM Class 2015. I see some of you have already found out your campus assignment. Is anyone going to be in Muncie?...that is where I am going to be :)

*Update*
My parents and I traveled to Indiana for MLK weekend to look at apartments. We looked at Canal Overlook, Gardens of Canal Court and Canal Square Apartments. I decided on Canal Square due to their proximity to campus and nice facilities. If you want more info (amenities, rates, floor plan designs, etc), just PM me.
-G.S.Wolff

Last edited:
Congrats guys! (and gals)

I wish to one day be a student at the IU School of Dentistry, but that's a long way from now.

Edit: I have a few noobish questions(I'm only 17 >.>).

To those who have completed a bachelors degree for entry to dental school, what was it like? Did you major in biology/chemistry? And did you have time for courses that interested you/wasn't science?

Last edited:
That's quite confusing because all of the faculty have emails that end in "@iupui.edu" and the dental students have ID's called "Jag Tags"... yet they are hoosiers?

The Dental School is part of the Indiana University system but is located at the IUPUI campus. IUPUI is the hybrid indianapolis campus of Indiana University and Purdue University. There are eight Indiana University campuses thus an individual's email address ends with whatever campus abbreviation they belong to (i.e indiana.edu for Bloomington the flagship campus, iun.edu for the Gary campus, iusb.edu for the South Bend campus, iupui.edu for the Indianapolis campus, etc.) So, because the dental school is located at the IUPUI campus, the email address will end in iupui.edu. The Hoosiers is technically the Bloomington campus and the Jaguars is the Indianapolis campus. Think of the difference between UC Berkley and UCLA.

Hey guys! I will be in IUSM Class 2015. I see some of you have already found out your campus assignment. Is anyone going to be in Muncie?...that is where I am going to be :)

Cardinal sin of forums...didn't fully read post. I see this is for dentistry. It came up in my search through the forums on allopathic lol I got a little excited. Disregard earlier post. Congrats to everyone for their acceptance! :)

I am joining you! :) Although, I am definitely nervous about finding housing.

:thumbup: Got the call earlier today! I'm looking forward to the start of classes this July...

Congrats Jtini27! When was your interview? Did you have a Feb. (spring) interview or fall interview? Thanks!

Thanks! I had a fall interview and was waitlisted on Dec. 1st.

I was wondering if anyone had an idea of how much financial aid gives for housing. I tried stopping by the office today but I guess he was out of town.

I'm 90% sure I'm going to attend Indiana (barring an acceptance to my state school, UIC).

I really need to start looking for housing as well, and do you guys know anything about the roommate dealio? I asked for my name to be put on the list but I'm hesitating because of the potential hassle living with a stranger brings.

I'm very excited to move to Indianapolis, but it's going to be interesting few months in prepping. Hopefully see you guys soon!

IM IN!!!! just found out earlier and couldnt be more excited. Is there a facebook page or anything where we could get in touch with people in the entering class?

IM IN!!!! just found out earlier and couldnt be more excited. Is there a facebook page or anything where we could get in touch with people in the entering class?

There is not an official one at this point. When the class is finalized the school will start one. At least that's what I was told they have done the past couple years.

To those who were accepted off the wait list in January, have you guys received any package or letters or any more information from schools beside the acceptance letter?
Thanks!

I'm out...going to Midwestern instead. So those of you on the waitlist, there's a position open!

To those who were accepted off the wait list in January, have you guys received any package or letters or any more information from schools beside the acceptance letter?
Thanks!

I was accepted off the wait list Jan 24th and I haven't gotten anything other than the official acceptance letter.

I'm in!!! But still trying to make up my mind whether to go there. Can you guys give me some insight?....
IU was my number one choice going into this, but after their interview compared to some other schools I interviewed at, IU did not seem that student friendly. I was at the school a total of 1 1/2 hours (quick tour plus interview). The faculty I was paired with seemed very disrespectful and rude, like they didn't really care. The fourth year dental student also seemed distant and completely uninterested. I know that it may just be the select few people that I was unlucky enough to get, but to those of you that know a bit more about the school, could you tell me if the majority of the faculty are friendly? Are they willing to answer student questions and do they put the students first?

Thank you for your help!

datattack, what position were you on waitlist? I started 6th and last I checked was 3rd. That was prob 10 days ago though. Anyone else have waitlist update?

ill let you guys know how much the waitlist has moved tomorrow. i wanna get in to indi soooooooooo bad

I moved up to 2nd so its moved one spot as of yesterday. I was told last year they went through the whole list and had to get applications back out but the year before they only went through a few.

datattack, the faculty there is terrible you should move me up another spot. ha jk... but seriously... do it. Honestly I hear they have a big mix. A lot of really amazing teachers and a few on the other side. I have met a few through research there that are great, but I had a similar experience with my interview.

i posted this on the other IU waitlist forum, but ill post it here too...

I was on the IU waiting list last year. I believe there were 40 people total and it moved about 24 spots. I started in the low 30's last year and came pretty close. the biggest jump in my slot came about a month before school was starting (8 spots). must have been the time when aadsas tells kids with multiple acceptances to make a decision, which leads to a lot of seat shuffling. but with two weeks to go before classes it completely stopped. I was told last year that some years they go thru their entire waiting list and some years they dont use it at all. I'm sick to my stomach just thinking about it. i wanna get in so bad.

easy e, what number did you start at? i havent heard back from the school yet with my updated number

I went from #11 initially to #6 today. Last year I went from #32 to #8.

Ohhhh man. Im so distracted. Im supposed to be doing homework for my MBA, but all I do is refresh my email 400 times a day.

I have to go to Indianapolis at the end of april for something unrelated, but it would be sweet to find out before then so I can look for housing while im out there and maybe meet some of you guys if you live close

I moved up to 2nd so its moved one spot as of yesterday. I was told last year they went through the whole list and had to get applications back out but the year before they only went through a few.

Hmmm... how is this possible if chadmo00 says that last year the list stopped at #8?!?!?

yea i was wondering where that info came from. i would be in dental school already if that were true. wish it was

I guess the wait list thing last year is not true. Thats just what I heard. I started #6 and yesterday I was #2 unless that changed today. I don't get how you went from #11 to #6 chadmo, unless ill be getting some good news tomorrow :)

Well someone ranked between 7 and 11 must have pulled out, which is why i moved up an extra spot without affecting you