***Official University of Washington School of Dentistry c/o 2015 Thread***

gdude

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
:thumbup: :soexcited: Congrats to you Huskies!! Be excited, talk about, Post it. Hope to see you all soon! :soexcited: :thumbup:

Edit: I'm going to start a Facebook group for all those that are accepted. (Just for fun, so joining is optional)

Link : http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=76079330672&v=photos#!/home.php?sk=group_146772888705433
Hope this works. It is a closed group, so just click on "request join group" and I will add you, that way random people aren't just joining. If that isn't working to well, I'll just open up the group. (Group Name: University of Washington School of Dentistry c/o 2015)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
"Offer made" in AADSAS Dec. 1st. Interviewd Nov. 8th

I got a call from Kathy this afternoon.. I'm in!!!! I'm sooooo happy! See you all next fall.

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like some are being notified via aadsas w/o phone calls while others are getting phone calls... kinda strange. I WANT ONE!!!:xf:

Wow congratz guys... you must have worked so hard and hope you are able to really take in all that you've accomplished.

For those of you guys that got into this school - was there anything that you believe helped you stand out? anything said at interviews you would pass onto those who dream of going to UW?

have fun

I had interview on Nov 29th and got a phone call of acceptance from Kathy on Dec 2nd around 2pm.
There is no change in my application status in ADEA AADSAS webpage yet though.

I think having PAT score of 30 might have helped me a bit.

Good luck for those who are waiting!

I had interview on Nov 29th and got a phone call of acceptance from Kathy on Dec 2nd around 2pm.
There is no change in my application status in ADEA AADSAS webpage yet though.

I think having PAT score of 30 might have helped me a bit.

Good luck for those who are waiting!

Congrats! That's awesome that you had such a quick acceptance...interview and then a few days later your in!

It is strange that some people are getting calls while others are getting AADSAS updates.

My AADSAS changed to "offer made" but I haven't gotten a phone call or email. SOOO EXCITED THOUGH!!!

My AADSAS changed to "offer made" but I haven't gotten a phone call or email. SOOO EXCITED THOUGH!!!

Awesome!

I called Kathy earlier and it seems as if she is working hard, even quadruple checking to make sure people are getting the correct information, so I think it would be safe to assume that an "offer made" update means that you are in. Basically, expect an acceptance packet at your door pretty soon!

Interviewed Nov. 1st, AADSAS status changed to "offer made" on November 30th. I wish I would have been lucky enough to get a phone call, but I am over the moon anyways!! :D

Excited to meet everyone!

whoa, congratz guys. How many of you guys have research experience? Is this an important part of UW as it is a research oriented school?

Sooo how do I put down my deposit???? I haven't recieved an email or anything. OMG, I seriously can't think straight right now. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
whoa, congratz guys. How many of you guys have research experience? Is this an important part of UW as it is a research oriented school?

I have quite a bit, and yes I think it helped. :D

I'm in. Call from Kathy yesterday around 2PM.

I'm a reapplicant and am from Washington. UW was my only interview last year.

See everyone in the fall.

It feels good to be a Husky.

I'm in. Call from Kathy yesterday around 2PM.

I'm a reapplicant and am from Washington. UW was my only interview last year.

See everyone in the fall.

It feels good to be a Husky.

How do we make our down payments/initial deposits to hold our spots???

Also, did you guys get an email? I only got updated on AADSAS.

Also, did you guys get an email? I only got updated on AADSAS.

I wouldn't worry too much. UW is generally a little slower in getting things out, so if you got an "offer made" update you should be getting an acceptance packet in the mail that will probably tell you what to do (i.e. deposit, financial aid, etc..). Although it might be tough until you have the packet in front of you...don't worry and have fun :)

There isn't a Facebook group is there? I'd definitely make one, but I don't know how. :laugh:

I did not have any research experience but I still made it.
I think it helps if you had some research experience but it would not matter so much as long as you have a good extracurricular experiences.
Good luck!

Congrats to everyone who's been accepted so far!!!

I was just wondering if any of you guys are UW undergrads?
Does anyone know how many UW undergrads UW SOD takes?

I don't think they give preference to any one school in particular, so I'm sure it varies from year to year.

Hello everyone on here! I have an interview in a week and I was just wondering if any of you had any advice for me. This is my first interview, and I'm very nervous!! :scared:

Hello everyone on here! I have an interview in a week and I was just wondering if any of you had any advice for me. This is my first interview, and I'm very nervous!! :scared:

Yes. DON'T BE NERVOUS! :D Seriously, just be yourself so that they can get a feel for you as a person (which won't happen if you get nervous). I got REALLY nervous at one of the interviews I went to and I got rejected right off the bat. When you're nervous you tend to say things the wrong way...much like I did.:laugh: GOOD LUCK!!

As a member of the class of 2014, I want to congratulate you on your acceptance. UW is a great school, and you will enjoy it. It won't be easy, and it will take a lot of time and effort on your part especially in your first 2 years. However, it will all be worth it once you start seeing patients.

Don't worry too much about making a deposit. You will be notified and from what I can recall, you will have plenty of time.

Congratulation and I look forward to meeting you in our Spring BBQ for the incoming class. If you have any specific questions, you can IM me.

Last edited:
I am assuming that you asked this question because you are afraid that there is a limit on the number of UW undergrads accepted. In my opinion, I think that it is fair to say that there is no such limit. They accept the most qualified candidates regardless of where you went for ugrad. Having said that, there is a lot of dental students who did their undergrad at the UW.

Congrats to all of you guys, It feels so great I know :D
I had my interview Sept 27th and I haven't heard anything yet. is it too early to be disappointed?
I am worried and stressed :((

Congrats to all of you guys, It feels so great I know :D
I had my interview Sept 27th and I haven't heard anything yet. is it too early to be disappointed?
I am worried and stressed :((

I'm on the same boat. Interviewed Oct 4 and it seems like most of the people who have been getting accepted have been November interview dates. Can't help but feel like they would have gone through the interviewees based on the dates they interviewed and made decisions in that order but you never know. Maybe it's alphabetical! lol (W last name).

Also, I'm keeping my chin up because it seems like more and more people are being accepted each day so I don't think they are done with their first "wave" of acceptances yet....

I'm on the same boat. Interviewed Oct 4 and it seems like most of the people who have been getting accepted have been November interview dates. Can't help but feel like they would have gone through the interviewees based on the dates they interviewed and made decisions in that order but you never know. Maybe it's alphabetical! lol (W last name).

Also, I'm keeping my chin up because it seems like more and more people are being accepted each day so I don't think they are done with their first "wave" of acceptances yet....

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but I was interviewed in early October.

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but I was interviewed in early October.

Yeah, that's kinda my point/what I was afraid of. I feel like they've made their way mostly through the pre-dec interviewees. We'll see - worrying won't solve anything and I don't think calling to bother them is a good idea lol. At least not this soon.

Does anyone know when they start to put together a wait list?

Yeah, that's kinda my point/what I was afraid of. I feel like they've made their way mostly through the pre-dec interviewees. We'll see - worrying won't solve anything and I don't think calling to bother them is a good idea lol. At least not this soon.

Does anyone know when they start to put together a wait list?

I dunno, I knew a kid that got accepted kinda late last year who interviewed pretty early on. They just take their time in these decisions more than other schools. But, like you said, don't worry. I'm hoping for the best for ya though!

Yes. DON'T BE NERVOUS! :D Seriously, just be yourself so that they can get a feel for you as a person (which won't happen if you get nervous). I got REALLY nervous at one of the interviews I went to and I got rejected right off the bat. When you're nervous you tend to say things the wrong way...much like I did.:laugh: GOOD LUCK!!

Thank you, I appreciate the advice! And congrats to everyone who has been accepted into UW (or any other school for that matter), it is a very big accomplishment, and you should be very proud of yourselves, as you will all make fine dentists.
Right now I'm preparing for my interview (first one ever) by answering a LONG list of potential questions, but I'm having trouble with trying to guess what UW will ask.. Does anyone remember any specific questions so I can better prepare myself?
Also, I have been reviewing my application, does anyone know if the interview is open to my profile or is it closed?
SIGH...last question, my email said two people will be interviewing me, and I'm assuming I'll be alone. How did that go for everyone?
Thanks for all your help!!

Thank you, I appreciate the advice! And congrats to everyone who has been accepted into UW (or any other school for that matter), it is a very big accomplishment, and you should be very proud of yourselves, as you will all make fine dentists.
Right now I'm preparing for my interview (first one ever) by answering a LONG list of potential questions, but I'm having trouble with trying to guess what UW will ask.. Does anyone remember any specific questions so I can better prepare myself?
Also, I have been reviewing my application, does anyone know if the interview is open to my profile or is it closed?
SIGH...last question, my email said two people will be interviewing me, and I'm assuming I'll be alone. How did that go for everyone?
Thanks for all your help!!

I'm sure you've found this:http://www.studentdoctor.net/schools/school/uwsod/survey/28

But from the collapsed section of questions two odd ones stick out in my mind the I and others ACTUALLY encountered at out personal interviews this year:

1. What is one situation you've been in that tested your ethical judgment and how did you handle it (paraphrasing)

2. If you could take an airplane ride with one person who would it be and why.

I didn't get #2 thank god because I don't think I would have been prepared with a good answer. Other than those two the typical why dent and app questions.

Good luck.

Has anyone that interviewed already at UW been rejected since December 1st?/does anyone know around what time they usually start rejecting people or waitlisting? I know that it probably varies just curious about what their timeline has been in the past or if anyone has an inside scoop on this. I obviously want some good news but this whole undecided status is killing me!

Has anyone that interviewed already at UW been rejected since December 1st?/does anyone know around what time they usually start rejecting people or waitlisting? I know that it probably varies just curious about what their timeline has been in the past or if anyone has an inside scoop on this. I obviously want some good news but this whole undecided status is killing me!

I think they already have started. There is someone on predents that has been rejected.:(

Anyone else get the news this week?

I think I'm going to give them a ring at the end of this week and see if they're done for pre-xmas.

I was originally under the impression the adcom met every two weeks to discuss additional acceptances so that would put them around dec 14th for the next bunch. I heard that from multiple uw sod people but I can't remember who exactly. Hope that's the case.

I am still waiting for their call or status update. I interviewed on the 4th and I am getting very stressed as days pass by. I am not sure if I should call their office or drop by it!:(

I am still waiting for their call or status update. I interviewed on the 4th and I am getting very stressed as days pass by. I am not sure if I should call their office or drop by it!:(

I'm sure it couldn't hurt. Good luck to you!

I got a call from Kathy yesterday at 3:20 central time! Finally I can breath a bit

wow congrats, I am still waiting..I tried calling her yesterday but she didn't pick up...can I ask when you interviewed at uw? I was one of the early interviews, on Oct 4th

wow congrats, I am still waiting..I tried calling her yesterday but she didn't pick up...can I ask when you interviewed at uw? I was one of the early interviews, on Oct 4th

Not to sound creepy, but just from the other UW thread (lol) I believe maverick was oct 4 as well, as was I. I'm sure we all know each other from that day!

Non-resident students...has anyone else heard of the non-resident tuition fee waiver? I was told that we are getting grandfathered in to the program and we will be the last class to get this.

Not to sound creepy, but just from the other UW thread (lol) I believe maverick was oct 4 as well, as was I. I'm sure we all know each other from that day!
oh nice, so we were all in there that day...did you give Cathy a call by chance? plz let me know if you were able to reach her..

oh nice, so we were all in there that day...did you give Cathy a call by chance? plz let me know if you were able to reach her..

I haven't called kathy but not being able to reach them is standard for them. I think they expect you to leave a message and they call you back asap = 1-2 days before all this dec 1st madness started. I don't think they ever answer calls directly so just leave a message. I might call next week... don't want to bother them though.

I'm sure it couldn't hurt. Good luck to you!

It also doesn't help much. Kathy is extremely busy, and I doubt that she will have the chance to return your call/message. I know that this waiting is difficult for most to bear; however, there is not much that you can do but wait. You already got an interview, and it is now in the hands of the adcom. Calling them will not expedite their decision of your application.
What do you really expect Kathy to say when you call her and ask about your status?

I am sure that you want to hear the following:
You got accepted, but I didn't get the chance to call you yet. Unfortunately, this is very unlikely. If you got accepted, Kathy WILL call you as soon as she can. Usually, you will get a call from her Thursday afternoon or Friday.

The most likely response (if any) is that your application is still under review and for you to wait, which does not really help you much.

The best thing for you can do is to relax and to not think about it. If they want you, they will give you a call. Look on the bright side, they did NOT reject you yet, so you still have a chance.

Good luck to those waiting to hear back from UW (interview/acceptance)!
Congrats to those who got in!

Last edited:
Non-resident students...has anyone else heard of the non-resident tuition fee waiver? I was told that we are getting grandfathered in to the program and we will be the last class to get this.

Yes, the class of 2015 will be the last class that OOS can get a OOS tuition waiver after the first year of school.