***Official University of Washington School of Dentistry c/o 2015 Thread***

Wow, late notification there huh? (despite your amazing stats)

Congrats Sleepy!

Thank alot Penny! Have you heard from Columbia yet?:xf:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in!!!!!:whoa::whoa::whoa:
After what felt like a million years of waiting, I finally received the call from Kathy yesterday at around 2PM.

So stoked, hope to meet some of you guys soon!

Congrats man! How about you come join our facebook group! :D

Congrats man! How about you come join our facebook group! :D

Thanks glo!
I'm way ahead of you, already joined :rofl:
I recognize a few people from my interview date and can't wait to meet everyone else!

Members don't see this ad :)
I talked to Kathy today, she said they have filled up the class:(. and the next meeting would be to make the waiting list. I am so sad and angry:mad::bang::beat:

I talked to Kathy today, she said they have filled up the class:(. and the next meeting would be to make the waiting list. I am so sad and angry:mad::bang::beat:

So to hear that. :( If you don't mind me asking, why did you only apply to one school?

So to hear that. :( If you don't mind me asking, why did you only apply to one school?
Well I live here and my husband works here and we have house also, so relocation looked difficult.
I am still hoping for the waiting list, though.:luck::luck::luck:

duycuonggg, I didn't ask her.

Last edited:
Well I live here and my husband works here and we have house also, so relocation looked difficult.
I am still hoping for the waiting list, though.:luck::luck::luck:

duycuonggg, I didn't ask her.

Thanks again for the congrats Marmar!
I'm still crossing my fingers for you!:xf::xf::xf:
Keep me updated!!

Thanks again for the congrats Marmar!
I'm still crossing my fingers for you!:xf::xf::xf:
Keep me updated!!
Thank u ZzZzSleepy.
I think u were one of the last to be notified.
I wish I had applied to few other schools this year.

marmar,
you have ridiculously good stats though, did you apply late?

:( i interviewed just on monday- Feb. 14. And if ZZZsleepyhead was the last to be notified, then that means they were done sending out acceptances on the 15th?! I hope they're not done making those phone calls...Wish monday would come faster to call kathy.

:( i interviewed just on monday- Feb. 14. And if ZZZsleepyhead was the last to be notified, then that means they were done sending out acceptances on the 15th?! I hope they're not done making those phone calls...Wish monday would come faster to call kathy.

....Monday is a holiday. Just wait until Tuesday! You can do it

Members don't see this ad :)

I don't understand the point of interviewing on monday and then filling out their class the next day by only two people! I interviewed back in october and she told me that they are gonna make their waitlist and reject the other ones! I am not sure if there is any chances to get in while on waitlist..:(

Yeah, makes me so frustrated! When did you talk to kathy?
I talked to her on thursday!..she said by first week of march the latest we will know whether we are rejected or waitlisted!
please keep us updated if u talked to her on tuesday!

marmar,
you have ridiculously good stats though, did you apply late?
I think the down point of my application is that I was a Math major and did my masters too, so I guess they might expect their applicants to have more upper level biology courses. The other point is that although I think my interview went fine, the fact that I was severely sick could have affected my interview in a bad way.
I completed my file in Aug and had my interview on Sept 27th.
I don't know, all I know is I am so sad and dep :(
anybody knows how many students get in from the waitlist on average?

Cavityfree, don't worry, I said "I think", I am not SURE. Keep your hopes up. good luck.

Last edited:
I have a friend that is currently in his 3rd year at UW and he wasn't initially accepted. After the interview process he was 5th on the waiting list and he got in at the beginning of June. He said he also saw two that were 6th and 7th on the waiting list get accepted. From what I hear every year is different and I don't know the average.

I think the down point of my application is that I was a Math major and did my masters too, so I guess they might expect their applicants to have more upper level biology courses. The other point is that although I think my interview went fine, the fact that I was severely sick could have affected my interview in a bad way.

Cavityfree, don't worry, I said "I think", I am not SURE. Keep your hopes up. good luck.

ah I see. I would think that being a math major and a masters would make you stand out incredibly. If you got an interview, I would think everything was good. It's just difficult trying to pinpoint what you did "wrong" because even if you did fine on interviews, so did everyone else. There's just a lot of variables, when you apply, who interviews you, etc. Don't be too down, you'll get in dental school for sure, whether that be in a few months time from the waitlist, or next cycle.

Did your AADSAS status say "Application Denied"?

I don't think that being a math major is a disadvantage. We have quite a few people in our class who are non-biology major, ranging from Spanish Major and Jewish Study to Engineering. I believe that judging the interview is hard to do. It doesn't matter really on how you think the interview went, it only matters on how the interviewers think the interview went.

I know that it is frustrating but don't despair yet. As long as you don't receive an outright rejection, there might still be a chance. Concerning the waitlisting, it really depends on the year. Some years are quite bad, only a couple people got in from the wait list. Some years are not as bad, there might be several people. However, I believe that the number will still be low (<10). People don't usually reject UW since it is a great school, and its tuition is the lowest for in-state residents.

I wish you luck and if you don't get in this year, try applying to more schools. Regardless on what people say about your stats, there is NEVER a guarantee to get into dental schools, especially one as highly regarded as UW, based on stats alone.

Good job to all of you who got in. I am sure you will run into me in D1 lab. Good luck to those still waiting for a reply.

Thanks everybody, that really helped. I feel better now:).
My AADSAS application status is still "invited for interview".

I just received a letter from UW that says I was placed on alternate list and there is no guarantee that I get in and if I agree to being placed on the list then alternate status is effective immediately and continues through 8/26/2011...does anybody know if they can tell us which number I am on the waiting list? any info about how it works helps.

Yeah... I live near UW as well and haven't received anything. I worry this is more unfortunate than weird, unless they have a rolling alternate list I'm going to start expecting a little rejection letter soon :(

Hi guys, I just talked to Kathy this morning and she told me I got rejected =(. She said that their copy machine was broken so not all of the letters were mailed out in the last two days. Hopefully you guys will get better news!

Sorry to hear that gjinha, I was rejected too. I called not too long ago and she tried to break it to me easy haha.

Sorry to hear that gjinha, I was rejected too. I called not too long ago and she tried to break it to me easy haha.

Bummer man... I saw your guys posts and called, but I just got her voicemail. Means I may be getting a fun call later:rolleyes:

It took me a while to get a hold of her as well, just keep trying Spit!

It took me a while to get a hold of her as well, just keep trying Spit!

Hmm, well I did leave a message so I'm wondering if I should try calling again... Not like it matters if I come off as anxious or needy or whatever at this point since I'm not accepted anyways!

Edit: Well the wait is over. Got a hold of her and got denied. Tufts, here I come!

Good luck with everything Spit! I'll be in Oklahoma. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time at Tufts!

Good luck with everything Spit! I'll be in Oklahoma. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time at Tufts!

You too duycuongg! I'm kinda excited that I'm forced to get out of my comfort zone, even if it will cost me twice as much:p

I think my position in the waiting list is pretty much like a denial eventually! I'll be heading down to AZ then I guess...good luck to all you future dentists! :)

Does anyone know how many people are placed on the waitlist and how many from the waitlist got in last year?

Which number did you guys call to reach Kathy?
The number on the interview invite email or the student admissions office number?

Which number did you guys call to reach Kathy?
The number on the interview invite email or the student admissions office number?

yes it is the same number as the one on the interview invite.
Please keep us updated if you get any info regarding the number of people on the waiting list!

I just received my rejection letter :( after 5 month
I am so sadddddddddd

I just received my rejection letter :( after 5 month
I am so sadddddddddd

I am so sorry that you have waited this long only to be rejected from the dental school. You have great scores and I think you should try to talk to them and find out what your application lacked. This is particularly important because you want to stay in Seattle cos of your family.
I wish you all the very best.

To all who got admission, first of congratulation :)
Second, since the administration did not give me any clear reason to as why I was rejected I would like to conduct my own investigation:cool: I am very disappointed about how UW treat their applicants!

I want to have an overall look on the stats of the accepted applicants even waitlisted.
Please kindly provide me with the DAT score, sGPA,oGPA and number of hours in research, shadowing, volunteering or any extra activity including leadership.
Thank u in advance and good luck in dental school

I searched through some older posts and it seems that there are about 15 people on the waitlist (which is ranked). I heard from UW this week that in the past week 2 pple got off the waitlist.

Marmar I'm sorry you didn't get in... and even more so that you do not have more flexibility in applying on a national level.

In my opinion (which doesnt mean anything) if UW is ignorant to let a great applicant like you go, one with a graduate degree in math with a steller GPA and steller DAT, they dont deserve you.

Hey so this may be a stupid question, but if I got an update on March 15th saying "offer made" and under status defined "admissions committee has extended offer of admission." Does that for sure mean I am accepted? I mean, as an english speaker thats what it means to me. However, I have not recieved a phone call, email or snail mail and I was originally placed on the alternate list. What do other alternate list people's status say?

Hey so this may be a stupid question, but if I got an update on March 15th saying "offer made" and under status defined "admissions committee has extended offer of admission." Does that for sure mean I am accepted? I mean, as an english speaker thats what it means to me. However, I have not recieved a phone call, email or snail mail and I was originally placed on the alternate list. What do other alternate list people's status say?

Yup, that's how I was notified. YOU'RE IN! Congrats!

Alternates up to #6 have been accepted this week so if you were ranked in the top 6 that would confirm your acceptance. Congrats! Do you plan on attending UW?

Lol, YAY!!!! That's what I was thinking, but I just thought it was strange that I have recieved no call or email or anything, and my status date says 3/15/2011. I just feel like its a mistake or that I'm dreaming...lol.

Lol, YAY!!!! That's what I was thinking, but I just thought it was strange that I have recieved no call or email or anything, and my status date says 3/15/2011. I just feel like its a mistake or that I'm dreaming...lol.

haha I know what you mean since I didn't get a call either, just an aadsas update and a letter in the mail a few days later. I honestly thought it was a mistake as well, so you're also not alone in that boat. :laugh:

Yes I plan on attending, Nova was a #2, but My dad is a UW Dental grad and I was born in Seattle and raised in Olympia, so UW is my dream school pretty much. I am so excited, I hope everyone else on the alternate list gets in as well!

Yeah I don't know what number I was. It didn't say in my letter and I couldn't get ahold of the school to find out.