Community college and bad semesters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HandsOfFire

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I...

Transfer from community college: 4.0 GPA

First semester: A physics 2 A organic chem 2 B genetics

Summer: A's in some side classes

This semester: Bad semester. Research and travel and this schedule,

Eukaryotic cell structure and function
Biochemistry
Calc 2
Functional Vertabrate Anatomy

Completely overloaded. Messed up. Pretty sure I've got straight B's across the board.

My question: What do you think medical schools say when they see this? Is there understanding toward messed up semesters? Or would they just say "hmmm, this ***** from community college can't handle biochem."

I've heard a lot of talk that not much attention is paid to the toughness of the classes taken, but rather just the GPA.

Members don't see this ad.

So, I...

Transfer from community college: 4.0 GPA

First semester: A physics 2 A organic chem 2 B genetics

Summer: A's in some side classes

This semester: Bad semester. Research and travel and this schedule,

Eukaryotic cell structure and function
Biochemistry
Calc 2
Functional Vertabrate Anatomy

Completely overloaded. Messed up. Pretty sure I've got straight B's across the board.

My question: What do you think medical schools say when they see this? Is there understanding toward messed up semesters? Or would they just say "hmmm, this ***** from community college can't handle biochem."

I've heard a lot of talk that not much attention is paid to the toughness of the classes taken, but rather just the GPA.

classes get tough as you advance whether u are goin from CC or just in a university the entire time. As you mature and become a higher class member, classes get harder and it has nothing to do with the fact that you transfer. Everyone has to take harder class as they go on but its your responsability to be able to handle them. Well I think they also look at work load if someone makes straight A taking one science class and a bunch of easy A's then thats not impressive.