current colorado isp students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

porusporus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
current ISP students of colorado.please need help..could anyone of you please tell us how the bench test is and what all are required for it......... what does they expect exactly from the bench test......

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
current ISP students of colorado.please need help..could anyone of you please tell us how the bench test is and what all are required for it......... what are does expect exactly from the bench test......
did u get the interview call?

Members don't see this ad :)
@ 2 excercise will be given
1)ant crown prep
2)post class 2 prep

did u get an invite? thruh email or mail/letter??

its the same as others received....via email.......... just they informed the dates of iv... asked to be prepared........
hey i interviewed at colorado last year. at that time they had following exercises:
14 mo
30 full gold crown
wax exercises: make an o with red wax
another melt blue inlay wax into a square
and carve a green stick wax into a pencil .
wax exercises are easy not to worry about that , but do well on tooth preparations.
good luck:thumbup:

@ sis
did they provide with all the neccessary instruments/do we need to get our own?

@ sis
did they provide with all the neccessary instruments/do we need to get our own?
they do provide everything , but you are also free to take your own burs or instruments.

hey i interviewed at colorado last year. at that time they had following exercises:
14 mo
30 full gold crown
wax exercises are easy not to worry about that , but do well on tooth preparations.

thank you sis......how many were there for the exam.......and how many days will they take to give acceptances....

Sis is right. these are the things which will be asked by the school. Beware the wax excersise does take the longest sometimes. They had called around 180 or so last year and it takes 2-3 weeks after the last interview. Good luck

Sis is right. these are the things which will be asked by the school. Beware the wax excersise does take the longest sometimes. They had called around 180 or so last year and it takes 2-3 weeks after the last interview. Good luck

thank you....

14 mo
30 full gold crown

thnx sis for the interview details... whr do u think shud we practice for the bench test? is a dental office setup suitable enough? also, how much time do u reccomend tht one shud practice for the test? i ask all this since ill be travelling to colorado frm india for the interview n need to schedule my trip accordingly.. thnx a lot again...

Members don't see this ad :)

180>>> wooooo..
how many openings do they have?

what about the interview ......do they ask just personal questions

yes. they do ask personal question in the interview.

hi!!!!! i was surprised yesterday with an interview call from university of colorado! i guess god has a good plan for everyone.
can anyone please tell me how to prepare for the bench test? this is my first interview.
which books should i refer for guidelines about crown preparation.how to prepare for wax exercise?
what is the average profile of students getting accepted at university of colorado each year.
please help.

There is no fixed profile of people accepted. The bench test is most crucial to get in the program. Read any book for crown preps and cavity preparation. When is your interview? Good luck

There is no fixed profile of people accepted. The bench test is most crucial to get in the program. Read any book for crown preps and cavity preparation. When is your interview? Good luck
my interview is on may 7th. thanks for the reply.
i am very tensed.
can u plz. tell me which typodont i should use for practice.
do i really need a mounting pole or i can practice on dentoform without mounting pole?
thanks for the help.

A mounting pole will be of great help as the typodont has to be in the manikin. They use kilgore.

A mounting pole will be of great help as the typodont has to be in the manikin. They use kilgore.
can u please tell the difference between columbia and kilgore.
Coz I found out that the ones which I have are columbia.
Is it fine if I practice on them or should I buy kilgore teeth.
also I am very much confused with which burs to buy for practice.

thanks a looooot
thank you very much , full denture.

do they just ask personal questions... or even subject related stuff.....

Not much difference. There is difference in the teeth quality. for burs buy like a straight fissure and some diamond for crowns. Make sure you have a champor for the finish line. Also have hand instruments for completing.

can u please tell the difference between columbia and kilgore.
Coz I found out that the ones which I have are columbia.
Is it fine if I practice on them or should I buy kilgore teeth.
also I am very much confused with which burs to buy for practice.

thanks a looooot
thank you very much , full denture.

do they just ask personal questions... or even subject related stuff.....

Its an interview. They can ask anything they want. They consider us as dentist. Doesnt mean that you should read the same way you read for part 1 & 2. Just know basics of dentistry.

Not much difference. There is difference in the teeth quality. for burs buy like a straight fissure and some diamond for crowns. Make sure you have a champor for the finish line. Also have hand instruments for completing.
thanks.
you are really very helpful..
which hand instruments do i need to take?
hatchet, GMT ...
the university provides al this instruments or we have to carry them?
and I request you to kindly tell me about wax exercise
do they ask to carve a simple shape out of green stick or blue inlay wax or they ask us to do tooth carving like carve a specific tooth from wax block?
once again,
thank you very much fulldenture..

green stick carving is what they ask. You will be more comfortable with your own instruments and make sure they are sharp.

green stick carving is what they ask. You will be more comfortable with your own instruments and make sure they are sharp.

Friends .. I am from India. Can anyone plz enlighten me how long we need to stay in US after the interview. My IV is on May 7th. Till what tym period do I need to stay here ? If accepted, do we need to visit the school again b4 joining date ? When are the arrangements for loan made ? I won't be able to travel to US to fulfill any formalities until the session in Jan begins. I want to complete all relevant formalities in one visit but I also can't stay in US for more than 2 months. Please guide, guys !!

If anybody got any further information( email or mail) for bench test fee after i/v email?
Also how much time do they provide for tooth prep and wax excercises?

You only need to stay one day from 8AM to 4PM. All loan arrangements are done on-line and they do everything to help and give 2 months to pay(till March)Not sure if you take private loan.

You only need to stay one day from 8AM to 4PM. All loan arrangements are done on-line and they do everything to help and give 2 months to pay(till March)Not sure if you take private loan.

Thanks 4 the feedback :)

So... did u take a federal loan ?
Actually I have a relative in US who will act as the co-signer for my loan. I hope the school will guide about the loan procedure b'coz i don't have much idea. Do I have to select a private bank myself or will the school tell me which bank to apply to ?

I have been called for an interview in the first batch on May 7th. I suppose Interviews will go on till 11th June.
Can u plz tell me hw long it will take b4 they announce the results ?

In the meanwhile do u think I should apply to other schools ?

Plz let me know ur opinion.

Thanks in advance :)

@ riki

last week of june i think the results will be out.

Thanks florarose . Do u think I should wait for the results b4 applying for next year's cycle ?

The last date of the interview is june 11th. It takes usually 2 weeks for the results. so if can hold off the applications then you might save some money. Keep everything ready for the next cycle just incase.

@ riki
im going to wait untill i hear from UOC and IA if i get accepted will save money..! as fulldenture said keep everything ready meanwhile

@ all difference in prep for PFM and FULL METAL CROWN..pls help

Any female interested to share hotel accomodation for 7th may i/v in colorado, pls let me know.

any female interested in sharing accommodation for may 21st?

Financial Aid office will help, they are very good and patient.Sometimes relatives refuse at the last moment, so have a back up.
Difference between gold and PFM depends on what type of margin will you choose.Generally it is porcelain butt on buccal( shoulder) and metal(chamfer)on lingual.

hi oralcare,
can u pls tell me from where to get wax to do practice?
and wat kind of wax is it? pls let me know

Financial Aid office will help, they are very good and patient.Sometimes relatives refuse at the last moment, so have a back up.
Difference between gold and PFM depends on what type of margin will you choose.Generally it is porcelain butt on buccal( shoulder) and metal(chamfer)on lingual.

if anybody knows about it, pls reply.

hi oralcare,
can u pls tell me from where to get wax to do practice?
and wat kind of wax is it? pls let me know

@ benny
u can get wax in dental store of any dental school.
green wax for craving
red wax for melting and filling the given shapes

i read in another thread u got in to nyu..did u decline the offer?

Current students plz guide !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I haven't received any email regarding mode of payment amd amount of bench test fee...
Do they accept payment via debit cards ? If not, to whom should we address the money order and what's the amount ?

I saw that you have an IV on 7th May.And you are from India. I would like to know where are you from in India as I too am from India. I think there are a few more indians who are attending the IV on 7th. If you dont mind can you give your email ID. Mine is [email protected]

Hope we can be useful to each other.

Hi,

Just wondering if Any one got the interview call recently..? i have been waiting for a long time now. but no luck yet. emailed Miller. she got back to me all the interviews are pending.. any idea..?

Hi sigma11 !! Yes.. u rite .. there are many Indian students interviewing for UOC. All the best to u and every1 else. I am nt sure if I want to reveal my identity. It is better this way. If u hav any queries that I can answer I'd like to answer them on this page only. I don't mean to offend .. this is the only way I can be comfortable. Hope u'll understand. Thanku :)

Hi sigma11 !! Yes.. u rite .. there are many Indian students interviewing for UOC. All the best to u and every1 else. I am nt sure if I want to reveal my identity. It is better this way. If u hav any queries that I can answer I'd like to answer them on this page only. I don't mean to offend .. this is the only way I can be comfortable. Hope u'll understand. Thanku :)

You will see a way lot indians when you come to the interview. Nearly 75% of people called for interview are usually Indians. Sorry didnt mean to hijack the thread but just wanted to give some data.

Fulldenture ... do u know about the mode of payment of the hand skill test fee ?