Breakin' it Down!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JLum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
PA: 21
RC: 22
QR: 22
Bio: 20
GC: 23
OC: 24
TS: 22
AA: 22 (95.7%):D

sGPA: 4.00, cGPA: 3.96

First off, thanks to all the helpful fellows on SDN. I learned so much just reading breakdowns. Studied about 5 weeks at about 5-6 hours per day. I took some days off and tried to stay relaxed. I got to the center 30 minutes early and was quite anxious.

Breakdown:
PAT: My damn markers stopped working halfway through hole punching and I waited on the guy in the testing center to bring me 2 new ones. BAD IDEA! IF your markers don't work perfect from the start, get new ones. I got behind and was pissed off. I thought a few of the angle questions were so difficult to distinguish. I got to pattern folding with 5:40 left and was way behind. Had I not been so crunched for time I would have scored at least 2 points higher. I didn't even guess on the last 3 problems, they just were left blank. I used KBB, and online tutorials from the forums to study, then did Topscore and studied what I missed.

RC: First Passage was about bosons, quarks and the BEC. Very scientific and difficult to deal with the interference questions. Other two included a stomach bacteria, and tropical storms. I had a good mix of easy to find factual questions and ridiculous interference BS. One question on the Bacteria passage was so ambiguous it made me sick! three possible choices about "the author's feelings" about traditional medical practice could have been legitimate answers, so who the hell knows. I typically do very well at any sort of RC so I did not study at all except Topscore Test 1 and 2. I take mental notes on each paragraph as i skim the passage, then just work through the questions. Pretty basic stuff.

QR: Happy with this score. I did 4 or 5 Math Destroyer tests and rarely timed myself. I have always been good at math but geometry and statistics are abundant in this section. Know probability, trig, equalities, etc. I had two conversions which I though were easy. I learned most conversions growing up so they just come second nature.

BIO: Read through Barron's AP Bio 1.5x and did all quizzes. Did destroyer once, did topscore tests and then studied everything i missed. I think I missed several specific hormone questions. Definitely saw some stuff I was not familiar with. PUT MORE TIME IN CHEMISTRY

GC: Watched Chad's videos 2x in fastplay, did destroyer once. Had an odd question about the meniscus in glass and another about measuring with sig figs, along with an odd ion dissociation question. Was a bit disappointed here.

OC: Watched Chad's videos 1x in fastplay, did destroyer 1.5x. Was getting every Destroyer question right second pass. Just finished Orgo I&II and got A's in both. I thought I knew everything. Had a very odd bond length question and one other problematic conceptual question. Reactions were cake. Once again, expected to maybe miss one.

I am in a reserved admission program but have not committed to anything 100%.
Good luck to you all taking it soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Where is the ::Like:: button?! Great scores, solid across the board.

Well done. Party hard!! I'll be right with you!! :smuggrin:

Nice job! We all knew it fyi! And Super8 is an instant cult classic btw. Goonies meets Aliens meets ET!

Omg this is like the 5th or 6th 22AA over the past couple of days...

OMG SDN PRE-DENTS!!!! THE AVERAGE FOR DAT HAS GONE UP TO 22!!! START THE PANIC!!!!

*on a more serious note*
Congrats pal :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
BTW, what did you guys do when studying subsided? It feels strange...

UGH i had trouble with the same question about the stomach virus!! seriously, what kind of a question was that!! :(

as for the post studying/test.. i put away all my study materials back on the book shelf and away from my desk and bed.
and now i'm kinda lost on what to do with the free time

Reserved admissions program? UoP?

Congrats on the score.

Seems like the strategy around here is to sacrifice the bio score to concentrate on the chemistries, and looks to be working out pretty well haha.

Not UoP reserved admission, actually UMKC. I am interested in UoP and a few others.
I gotta learn about the NHSC scholarship, I think I may have a shot.