Post secondary wait

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stephanie765

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

I have a 3.93 cum. gpa and a 29OMCAT with a Biology BS and Religious Studies BA and strong extra-curriculars.

I submitted secondaries to to the following schools late-mid August:

Jefferson
Tulane
Temple
GW
Medical College Wisconsin
Indiana University
NYMC
Wake Forest
Loyloa
Ros. Franklin
University of Toledo

I haven't heard anything back except for a hold at GW, should I be worried?

any advice appreciated

Thanks!

Stephanie

Members don't see this ad.

want advice? calm down. admission committees can take months before offering an interview if they offer you an interview at all. the entire process is a waiting game. patience is key.

To follow kp's advice, no, you shouldn't be all that worried. Your file may or may not even have been reviewed at this point. It's been just over a month since you submitted secondaries. I would expect that to be the floor for typical waits for a decision on your application at many schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
To echo what has been said above, chill, I haven't heard anything from any of those schools either and I was complete in July. But it's still early in the season. Now if you still haven't heard anything from anybody and it's February than you can start acting a little more nuerotic.

still no interviews...

I feel u....same position, i applied to a bunch of those schools decent stats. 3.65 gpa 33 mcat, no interviews anywhere, a couple holds and small pool....and its been over 2 months now since submitting secondaries...lets be patient, our time will come:)

I wonder if there is some flaw in my application that I still have 0 interviews

I wonder if there is some flaw in my application that I still have 0 interviews

You should probably go out and drink a few beers for Halloween and get your mind off of things. Not much you can do about it now if there is a flaw. Posting every couple days in two forums on SDN will only make it worse. Heck, reading SDN daily at this point will only make you miserable.

Have faith that good things will come and send an update letter if you do something notable in the next several months. If nothing works out, you can reapply. Don't kill yourself with anxiety in the meantime.