Waiting/Celebrating/Status Threads?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tinman831

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please join the rest of us in the Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread that is stickied on the top of the forums:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=836453

Want to celebrate in a thread dedicated just for your school? Here is list of the official acceptance threads for your individual schools:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=870999

Just trying to keep things a little more organized so everyone can find what they're looking for easily. This also reduces clutter so people with more immediate questions can have them answered right away.

Members don't see this ad.

Please join the rest of us in the Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread that is stickied on the top of the forums:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=836453

Want to celebrate in a thread dedicated just for your school? Here is list of the official acceptance threads for your individual schools:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=870999

Just trying to keep things a little more organized so everyone can find what they're looking for easily. This also reduces clutter so people with more immediate questions can have them answered right away.

Thank you tinman :thumbup:

yea thanks all the acceptance threads for the individual schools will be really helpful im quite sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup: :)

The anxiety. It's already almost Tuesday.

Bump. Status changes from anything to blank means nothing. They're just clearing your status so they can update it Dec 1st. You may not even get an update on Dec 1st and they'll keep your file for review. If you've already been rejected and the status goes to blank, you'll still have been rejected. Do not read too much into any messages on AADSAS. Only until you have an acceptance notification or rejection notification can you rest easy.

Bump. Please stop creating threads wondering what status updates mean. You'll find out tonight. And be sure to stop by your individual school acceptance thread and show some love!

Sorry to bring some of you guys hopes down, but I just got this same message from ASDOH today. I've never even interviewed with them and have gotten a letter of rejection a while back. So this leads me to believe that this status either means acceptance or rejection. Don't get excited over this guys. Let's all be patient.

Sorry to bring some of you guys hopes down, but I just got this same message from ASDOH today. I've never even interviewed with them and have gotten a letter of rejection a while back. So this leads me to believe that this status either means acceptance or rejection. Don't get excited over this guys. Let's all be patient.

well. I guess it means something because some interviewees got the msg while other didn't for Western U and Columbia U. I guess it depends on school. some schools means a rejection, other school means an acceptance.

lol its different. If you havent got an interview and got the "check back" message --> rejection. Same thing happens to me at IU.

I think what people are talking about is that when you have a pre-dec interview and your status changes to "check back on dec 1st"

Same. I've been rejected from ASDOH earlier, and just got the "check back" status today.

lol its different. If you havent got an interview and got the "check back" message --> rejection. Same thing happens to me at IU.

I think what people are talking about is that when you have a pre-dec interview and your status changes to "check back on dec 1st"

But I'm curious about the timing of it. Why now? Why couldn't they have changed the status like 2 months ago when they have officially made the rejection?

Ahhh. I initially thought check back on dec 1st meant rejection. However, a lot of my schools just went from invited to interview to check back on dec 1st. So now I'm hoping you're right that it just means they made a decision (acceptance or rejection). Or even better, maybe the check back on dec 1st are the new blanks! #hope

I wished they didn't lock the thread by Keaton so I can make myself more anxious by trying to analyze AADSAS status changes lol. Did anyone who have invited for an interview have their status change back to under review recently for any schools? Or did everyone have invited for an interview and have their status change to check back on dec 1st?

But I'm curious about the timing of it. Why now? Why couldn't they have changed the status like 2 months ago when they have officially made the rejection?

I dont know about other schools but at VCU, the dean told me they update addsas 2 days before dec 1st. So it makes sense in my situation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhh. I initially thought check back on dec 1st meant rejection. However, a lot of my schools just went from invited to interview to check back on dec 1st. So now I'm hoping you're right that it just means they made a decision (acceptance or rejection). Or even better, maybe the check back on dec 1st are the new blanks! #hope

I wished they didn't lock the thread by Keaton so I can make myself more anxious by trying to analyze AADSAS status changes lol. Did anyone who have invited for an interview have their status change back to under review recently for any schools? Or did everyone have invited for an interview and have their status change to check back on dec 1st?

Yeah, so it might mean acceptance if you've interviewed with the school, but a rejection if you haven't.

I dont know about other schools but at VCU, the dean told me they update addsas 2 days before dec 1st. So it makes sense in my situation.

True each situation is gonna be different.

Like i said it before,

No interview - check back - rejection
Pre dec interview - check back - almost all acceptance

Like i said it before,

No interview - check back - rejection
Pre dec interview - check back - almost all acceptance

Everyone knows that if you don't have an interview and it says check back it means rejection.

Saying if you have a pre-dec interview and it says check back means ALMOST all acceptance doesn't provide and input on the meaning of the check back message lol. That's just like saying the message means that the school has a made a decision regarding your application (acceptance or rejection).

Everyone knows that if you don't have an interview and it says check back it means rejection.

Saying if you have a pre-dec interview and it says check back means ALMOST all acceptance doesn't provide and input on the meaning of the check back message lol. That's just like saying the message means that the school has a made a decision regarding your application (acceptance or rejection).

Yes, but the timing of it is what makes it interesting. Let us speculate and analyze more!! FEED THE SICKNESS THAT WE ALL HAVE!! :smuggrin:

Yes, but the timing of it is what makes it interesting. Let us speculate and analyze more!! FEED THE SICKNESS THAT WE ALL HAVE!! :smuggrin:

I know nothing of this sickness you speak of. I'll be right back, I need a band-aid for my F5 finger.

hahaha I agree. Speculating is completely pointless but I CANT help it. I think you are right though that it just means they have made a decision on your application (good news or bad news). However, it could mean different things for different schools.

The only definitive thing (well not definitive high chance IMO) so far based on my excessive hours on SDN with no sleep so far and skipping classes is that for NOVA, you are accepted if you have the acceptance fee on portal and check back on dec 1st. You are probably rejected or waitlist if you have check back on AADSAS but not the acceptance fee on portal.

Alot of members are saying "Check back Dec. 1st" if you have already interviewed at a school equates to an acceptance. Although this may be true, the last school I interviewed at says check back, yet that interview took place less than 2 weeks ago. On the other hand, the schools (2) I interviewed at about 5 weeks ago still say invited for interview on AADSAS. Seems strange that the two schools I interviewed at earlier haven't made a decision while the most recent one has. Meh, Just a thought.

EDIT: Title Should read Thoughts on "Check back Dec. 1st" = Acceptance

i would like to hijack this thread for a second:

Does anyone know if the Check back Dec. 1st statement is an automated updated at midnight, or should i be checking on later in the day? I haven't really read anything on this, sorry if it's been beaten to death.

I don't think it means an automatic acceptance. I hope it does tho. :xf:

sorry to be a downer, but I have 3 "check back on dec 1" statuses. one from a school that rejected me months ago, one from a school at which I haven't interviewed nor have been rejected, and one from a school at which I interviewed. so, really, it could mean anything.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!

For me, the "check back" status turned into acceptance for case. Good luck!

Edit: It didn't change on AADSAS, but they sent out an e-mail.

Last edited:
The thing is aadsas hasn't updated yet. Tomorrow we will know more about this

For me, I applied last year and my status didn't change on November 30th and I was wait listed. This year, my status changed to the "check back" that everyone is talking about and I got my acceptance phone call for Marquette tonight. Don't wanna get anyone's hopes up since I've read in previous threads that other people have gotten rejections from this status but I don't know how true those are. I'm just lettin ya know what happened for me. Best day ever!!!

BU still says invited for interview but i got an acceptance