BU and apex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

musicmaestro

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me more about BU and the apex program.

Members don't see this ad.

APEX is long and worthless. You don't learn anything meaningful or useful and it really has no place in DS, especially if you've already spent time working or observing in a dental office. Students' experiences can range from slave labor to a beach vacation, so you'll probably get some students who praise the easy 5cr "A", but the general consensus is that it is a waste of time with little value.

If I remember right, the school says APEX helps prepare students for private practice immediately upon graduation. That's a moot point when the school's grads are clinically unprepared for solo practice and need additional residency.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well the general consensus is that it is something very much like this:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20a8Y51U5Es[/YOUTUBE]

haha gross!

What's with all the BU bashing these days? I didn't send in my secondary there but maybe it's a cyclical thing, last year everyone was hating on USC.

What's with all the BU bashing these days? I didn't send in my secondary there but maybe it's a cyclical thing, last year everyone was hating on USC.

Yeah, I don't get it either. :shrug:

I know that one person who claimed to have attended BU came on here and said some not so nice things about the school (as did someone from UMaryland...and people aren't hating on Maryland!), but I honestly think that all of that stuff needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt. Especially if it's a message relayed by someone who has never attended BU. Or if it's expressed by one or two people who did attend the school.

Case in point: One of my relatives who is ~my age hated his undergrad. He despised it so much that he graduated in 2.5 years. If you talked to him, you'd think that school was the worst place ever, when it's actually a top-ranked school with mostly happy people. I'm close to this person, I met tons of people who went to school with him, and I know other people who went to that school, and I honestly think that he just didn't try hard enough to make it his home.

Another example: There's also a guy from my high school a year older than me who went to my undergrad and only had negative things to say about it. Completely hated the school and anyone who was associated with it. I go to a pretty okay school at a place where people are generally really happy and love it. When I talked to this guy in greater depth about why he was so unhappy, I found that he had a couple of things he didn't like about it, but that he had never tried to do anything about that. He pretty much just gave up and started hating the school instead of taking ownership of what he was unhappy with and trying to change it.

Anyone can post on this forum, so I try to take anything that's overly positive or overly negative with a grain or two of salt.

Yeah, I don't get it either. :shrug:

I know that one person who claimed to have attended BU came on here and said some not so nice things about the school (as did someone from UMaryland...and people aren't hating on Maryland!), but I honestly think that all of that stuff needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt. Especially if it's a message relayed by someone who has never attended BU. Or if it's expressed by one or two people who did attend the school.

Case in point: One of my relatives who is ~my age hated his undergrad. He despised it so much that he graduated in 2.5 years. If you talked to him, you'd think that school was the worst place ever, when it's actually a top-ranked school with mostly happy people. I'm close to this person, I met tons of people who went to school with him, and I know other people who went to that school, and I honestly think that he just didn't try hard enough to make it his home.

Another example: There's also a guy from my high school a year older than me who went to my undergrad and only had negative things to say about it. Completely hated the school and anyone who was associated with it. I go to a pretty okay school at a place where people are generally really happy and love it. When I talked to this guy in greater depth about why he was so unhappy, I found that he had a couple of things he didn't like about it, but that he had never tried to do anything about that. He pretty much just gave up and started hating the school instead of taking ownership of what he was unhappy with and trying to change it.

Anyone can post on this forum, so I try to take anything that's overly positive or overly negative with a grain or two of salt.

You are absolutely right. Its always good to do your research on a school especially if its a life decision. I dont mean to bash BU for the hell of it after all they will give me my degree, I want them to read my posts and see that there are problems and hopefully they can fix them for the incoming classes.