2012-2013 University of Rochester Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Rochester has essays for their secondaries? based off of last years thread it doesn't seem like it.

There wasn't one last year. They just asked if you have any family affiliations with the U of R and for your credit card number.

Members don't see this ad :)
There wasn't one last year. They just asked if you have any family affiliations with the U of R and for your credit card number.

That's...interesting. What if you don't have any family affiliations with the U of R? :p

Hey Guys,

I'm an incoming first year at U of R this August...

No essay on the secondary but there will be a couple of short essays due for the interview.

Ps most schools ask if there is any family affiliation on the secondary, nothing to stress about!

Mel

So we have to write essays for the INTERVIEW? Oh boy!

Got emails saying that their secondary site will be working on the 9th.

They just sent out an email saying the fee processing is working again, IT'S NOT. I tried submitting and it didn't work so I called the office and they said its not working again. SMH

hmm is it weird that I never got an email from them?

Weird I haven't received any contact from them at all. Anyone else apply that hasn't heard anything?

Edit: Grabslamboot beat me! I'm in the same boat as you.

They sent this email as of 11:32AM

Dear Applicant:

THANK YOU for your patience as we worked through the secondary on-line payment problem that occurred on Friday morning, July 6th. The problem has been resolved and you can now return to the website http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/education/md/admissions/ (Applicant Portal selection) to complete your secondary application.

Unfortunately, if you tried to submit your application payment on Friday during the payment problem, your payment was not recorded in our database. You will need to pay the $85 application fee again. We will refund the duplicate payment and ask that you bear with us as we process the refunds as it may take a few days. If you do not receive a refund from us for the duplicate payment by the end of the week, please contact us and we will take care of it.

Again, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and truly appreciate your patience!!

Sincerely,

University of Rochester Medical School
Admissions Office
Email: [email protected]

and they sent this email as of 11:50AM
Dear Applicant:

Please stop trying to submit your secondary applications - it appears that we are having the same problem we were on Friday. Please bear with us as we have the IT team look into the problem. We will keep you updated on the status of the problem and THANK YOU for bearing with us.

We apologize profusely for this inconvenience - we hope to have the problem resolved soon.

Sincerely,

University of Rochester Medical School
Admissions Office
Email: [email protected]

I feel like this is their IT department
9f1651752661eac686460298674336eb.jpg

:laugh: (jk U of Rochester, I <3 you!)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I never recieved any of those. I think im going to email them to verify if they recieved my AMCAS app.

They should offer us all complimentary acceptances for our troubles.

I emailed them. For those of us who haven't received emails it's because they are waiting to correct the initial problem before inviting the rest of us to complete the secondary.

I emailed them. For those of us who haven't received emails it's because they are waiting to correct the initial problem before inviting the rest of us to complete the secondary.

Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

did you guys receive an email from them giving you a link to the secondary?

They sent this email as of 11:32AM

and they sent this email as of 11:50AM

I feel like this is their IT department
9f1651752661eac686460298674336eb.jpg

:laugh: (jk U of Rochester, I <3 you!)

For your picture, immediate reGection

But on a side note, all of those who have not received the secondary, your primaries are verified?

Anyone know if they fixed the fee payment problem for the secondary yet?

For your picture, immediate reGection

But on a side note, all of those who have not received the secondary, your primaries are verified?

Submitted and verified 6/5 no secondary here

Sent via mobile

Anyone know if they fixed the fee payment problem for the secondary yet?

they said they will e-mail us when it's fixed...but they'll probably send another e-mail thirty minutes later telling us to stop submitting our secondaries :rolleyes:

Yeah I'm defiantly waiting about an hour or so when its "fixed" to see if they're still having issues

I just want to give them my money so badly.

Anyone have the new and improved secondary yet? Wonder how long it'll be.

My mother works at a college where a similar application issue delayed applications for a few days. She told me that the whole IT department was fired. Helps to keep in perspective that a minor inconvenience for us might be costing people their jobs.

My mother works at a college where a similar application issue delayed applications for a few days. She told me that the whole IT department was fired. Helps to keep in perspective that a minor inconvenience for us might be costing people their jobs.

But it also gives new people jobs :D

Complete 7/10/12, just haven't been able to post yet.

So are people submitting their stuff despite not being given the green light from the Rochester folks?

So are people submitting their stuff despite not being given the green light from the Rochester folks?

I had green light because I received fee waiver.

The last e-mail said to not submit secondaries and had nothing about payment. But the e-mail before did mention specifically a problem with the payment system, so IDK.

Just because it works doesn't mean they want you to submit.

Ya I feel the same, but I'ma wait for the go-ahead.

Ya I feel the same, but I'ma wait for the go-ahead.

Yeah I will too. Don't wanna piss them off I guess. Frustrating that others are getting away with not reading directions though :p

(Unless I'm misunderstanding the process of course)

Let me clarify, the problem is with the payment system. Anybody who received a fee waiver is OK to submit, which is what I was told by the admissions office.

Let me clarify, the problem is with the payment system. Anybody who received a fee waiver is OK to submit, which is what I was told by the admissions office.

Oh okay, my mistake sir :). Shouldn't have jumped to conclusions!

It would be nice to get a secondary invite....

I don't think they've invited anyone else because they're system is broke. Once it's back up I'm sure you guys will get the green light.

Status
Not open for further replies.