2012-2013 University of Rochester Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This pic is on Rochester's MD/MBA page. I thought it was too funny to not post. Apparently, Rochester accepts X-Men.

image.aspx
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it bad that I can't check off any of the boxes in the experiences section? I feel like these activities must be really important to them, and I haven't done a single one of them.
 
Is it bad that I can't check off any of the boxes in the experiences section? I feel like these activities must be really important to them, and I haven't done a single one of them.

I'm sure they help, but can't do anything about them now. I wouldn't worry about it, I'm pretty sure most people are in the 0-2 range.
 
Interview invites could be coming as soon as next week according to last year's thread, though more likely the week after that.

I didn't check one of the boxes I intended, but I hardly think it matters if you have a strong application.
 
Interview invites could be coming as soon as next week according to last year's thread, though more likely the week after that.

I didn't check one of the boxes I intended, but I hardly think it matters if you have a strong application.

you just made next week very nervous for me.. :scared:
 
i had only one check but what i checked i feel like is pretty common among applicants so i don't think it's that significant

I only had two, I know as far as their undergraduate program is concerned Rochester values diversity and those questions seem to fall into that value set
 
Yea, i don't think checking lots of boxes is that important. I think it would be unusual for someone to check all of them since they are pretty different activities and unless you are not a traditional applicant and spent your life with a Rochester secondary checklist then they probably expect most people to check only 1 or 0. I'm sure the people that didn't check any boxes spent their time doing other worthwhile activities that play to their interests.
 
I submitted Rochester's secondary application today. It's nice not to have essays, but there's nowhere to put down what I'm doing this year during my year off. I was wondering if there was any way to let the school know what I'm doing right now (full-time medical scribe).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just received their brochure in the mail. Anyone know why they send these out? All the info is on their website.
 
I submitted Rochester's secondary application today. It's nice not to have essays, but there's nowhere to put down what I'm doing this year during my year off. I was wondering if there was any way to let the school know what I'm doing right now (full-time medical scribe).

I believe you can upload attachments, or at least email their office with an update letter.
 
thanks for the quick reply. i'm sorry but i can't find where i can upload attachments anywhere

Yeah sorry I was on my phone and couldn't check, figured I'd tell you to.

I'd suggest sending them an email, or better yet calling them and asking if it's appropriate.
 
looks like they sent out interview invites today

Concurring with the rest of people, how do you know? Is it via snail mail? It would be odd if invites went out and no one has posted on SDN.

Remember, it ain't over until the rejection letter arrives. :laugh:👍
 
Concurring with the rest of people, how do you know? Is it via snail mail? It would be odd if invites went out and no one has posted on SDN.

Remember, it ain't over until the rejection letter arrives. :laugh:👍

this better not be a troll.. lol.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe so early bc your IS. I'm guessing by the name. If only one person on sdn got an II then this a historic moment folks.
 
I'm guessing the IIs that went out today are from pre-computer glitch? Wasn't there a big delay early on?
 
I mean it makes sense if he got in right before the system crashed. That gives him what.. almost if not more than 10 days on us? Not to mention how many apps do you think they got before the system crashed? A couple dozen? Not time to fret yet. lol
 
I mean it makes sense if he got in right before the system crashed. That gives him what.. almost if not more than 10 days on us? Not to mention how many apps do you think they got before the system crashed? A couple dozen? Not time to fret yet. lol

Upvotes for you.
 
Not to detract at all from your II. Congratulations, hopefully the rest of us get just as lucky.
 
Not to detract at all from your II. Congratulations, hopefully the rest of us get just as lucky.

Thanks, I'm honestly surprised no one else from SDN has (based upon this thread thus far). From the looks of their portal ~40 seats were available over August/Sept at that moment. I'm experiencing similar feelings for other schools, so I totally understand.
 
Last edited:
I mean it makes sense if he got in right before the system crashed. That gives him what.. almost if not more than 10 days on us? Not to mention how many apps do you think they got before the system crashed? A couple dozen? Not time to fret yet. lol

I doubt it has anything to do with his pre-crash app. Look at his MCAT lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks, I'm honestly surprised no one else from SDN has (based upon this thread thus far). From the looks of portal ~40 seats were available over August/Sept at that moment. I'm experiencing similar feelings for other schools, so I totally understand.
Sorry if I'm completely oblivious but what exactly is "portal"?
 
Sorry if I'm completely oblivious but what exactly is "portal"?

Video game created by Valve.

"The game primarily comprises a series of puzzles that must be solved by teleporting the player's character and simple objects using "the handheld portal device", a device that can create inter-spatial portals between two flat planes."

LOL no.

Its the name for Rochester's secondary application program. The thing you log into.
 
Video game created by Valve.

"The game primarily comprises a series of puzzles that must be solved by teleporting the player's character and simple objects using "the handheld portal device", a device that can create inter-spatial portals between two flat planes."

LOL no.

Its the name for Rochester's secondary application program. The thing you log into.

You're my hero.

But, yeah, a lot of places refer to their online access as a "portal."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.