You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 University of Rochester Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
got this email from them today:
"Thank you again for your patience as we work through the on-line payment problem with our secondary application. If all goes as planned, we will begin sending out emails on Friday morning to applicants to submit their secondary application. Because of the problems we have had, we are only sending out a small number (75-100) of emails indicating access to the application. Once we see how the system is handling those applicants, we will begin sending out more emails indicating access to the application.
Please note that we are currently working on processing the refunds and hope to have all refunds processed by Monday at the latest. We have a large number of refunds to process, so please bear with us.
Again, please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us."
"Thank you again for your patience as we work through the on-line payment problem with our secondary application. If all goes as planned, we will begin sending out emails on Friday morning to applicants to submit their secondary application. Because of the problems we have had, we are only sending out a small number (75-100) of emails indicating access to the application. Once we see how the system is handling those applicants, we will begin sending out more emails indicating access to the application.
Please note that we are currently working on processing the refunds and hope to have all refunds processed by Monday at the latest. We have a large number of refunds to process, so please bear with us.
Again, please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us."
This school is making me lol, how hard can it be to get a simple application working? :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This school is making me lol, how hard can it be to get a simple application working? :/
RIT stole all the techies.
This school is making me lol, how hard can it be to get a simple application working? :/
Got an email saying give it a try. Waited a couple hours, and received nothing saying it was still broken. Just successfully paid and submitted. Good luck guys
Got an email saying give it a try. Waited a couple hours, and received nothing saying it was still broken. Just successfully paid and submitted. Good luck guys
Sameroo. Looks like they finally fixed it.
I Want to give them my money!
I just received the secondary!
Question: It says to check if you have "Participated in a formal summer research and / or enrichment program related to a career in the health professions (i.e., SMDEP funded by R.W.Johnson Foundation or other competitive program)"
I participated in a formal summer research internship program at a pharmaceutical company in cancer biology. Do you think this counts?
Question: It says to check if you have "Participated in a formal summer research and / or enrichment program related to a career in the health professions (i.e., SMDEP funded by R.W.Johnson Foundation or other competitive program)"
I participated in a formal summer research internship program at a pharmaceutical company in cancer biology. Do you think this counts?
Did anyone get a snail mail from Rochester to complete the secondary?
funny, I was just thinking about this school and was about to post on this thread as well. They said the first batch of emails would be going out yesterday. I didn't receive anything but I'm wondering if anyone else did?
Did anyone get a snail mail from Rochester to complete the secondary?
I got a brochure and note in the mail.
funny, I was just thinking about this school and was about to post on this thread as well. They said the first batch of emails would be going out yesterday. I didn't receive anything but I'm wondering if anyone else did?
Yeah they said they would only be sending out 75-100 to test iT out. I'm sure we will get it this week since the above posters said it was working now.
i got a brochure and note in the mail.
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got complete email at 530 in the morning today (EST)
Damn I haven't even gotten the invite to the "new" secondary
Got complete email at 530 in the morning today (EST)
did they e-mail you to complete the new secondary?
did they e-mail you to complete the new secondary?
Yessir. I guess I was one of the 75-100
Yessir. I guess I was one of the 75-100
Ah okay. Thanks!
Just got an email inviting me to try the secondary again. I gunned it and tried it right away, and it worked! Secondary app is now complete 🙂
ah still nothing here
Just got the secondary! Super easy 🙂
Received and submitted. Anyone else not have their letters showing?
Sent from my X10i using SDN Mobile
Sent from my X10i using SDN Mobile
I received and submitted! I already got my complete email too! How many secondaries does everyone have left? Im still waiting on 4
I got received and submitted! I already got my complete email too! How many secondaries does everyone have left? Im still waiting on 4
Same. Drexel, PSU NYMC, and Maryland.
Sent from my X10i using SDN Mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm waiting for NYMC,UVM,Albany,& Drexel
Received and submitted secondary today. No issues, loved this secondary. Really excited for a chance at this school! App should be complete tomorrow when they receive my LoR!
Verified: 7/12/2012
Received: 7/16/2012
Completed: 7/17/2012
MCAT: 35+
GPA: 3.8+
Good luck all!
Verified: 7/12/2012
Received: 7/16/2012
Completed: 7/17/2012
MCAT: 35+
GPA: 3.8+
Good luck all!

I submitted on the 13th and got completed yesterday. They must work on Sundays! \o/
I haven't received any emails from them yet; I was verified on the 10th. Should I be worried?
I haven't received any emails from them yet; I was verified on the 10th. Should I be worried?
No. they just started sending out secondaries on Friday, I believe. I just received mine a couple of hours ago.
After you hit "Submit" it says very plainly that it takes at least a day for them to upload your LoR from AMCAS. It is not until then that your application will be considered 'Complete' which is why mine says I'll be complete tomorrow (a guess).
Also why you received a complete on a weekend, BBB, I believe it's automated 😉
Also why you received a complete on a weekend, BBB, I believe it's automated 😉
D
deleted454156
I have been verified since mid-June and still no secondary. I called today and they said they've been having a lot of technical problems and adcom is aware of it, so don't fret if you haven't gotten yours yet either. Should be coming by the end of the week they said.
After you hit "Submit" it says very plainly that it takes at least a day for them to upload your LoR from AMCAS. It is not until then that your application will be considered 'Complete' which is why mine says I'll be complete tomorrow (a guess).
Also why you received a complete on a weekend, BBB, I believe it's automated 😉
Way to burst my bubble 🙁
I have been verified since mid-June and still no secondary. I called today and they said they've been having a lot of technical problems and adcom is aware of it, so don't fret if you haven't gotten yours yet either. Should be coming by the end of the week they said.
Way to burst my bubble 🙁
Lo siento chico.
Application complete email came today! Takes about 24 hours after submitting/paying for secondary
Complete! Easiest secondary yet!
Sent from my X10i using SDN Mobile
Sent from my X10i using SDN Mobile
complete email here as well
Might as well add to the string, I also got completed this morning (5:30 AM)!
Wish everyone luck with interview invites! Anyone know when they'll start rejections/interview invites this year?
Wish everyone luck with interview invites! Anyone know when they'll start rejections/interview invites this year?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received and submitted as well this morning!
Might as well add to the string, I also got completed this morning (5:30 AM)!
Wish everyone luck with interview invites! Anyone know when they'll start rejections/interview invites this year?
Ya does anyone have insight on when this will occur?
.
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
Oh yeah and they'll be "profusely" sorry
Oh I think we should give em a break. Servers crash. It happens.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K