Reaction score
Post any updates!

Members don't see this ad.

Got an interview for sept 14
how are you guys preparing?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sept 19 :) . See all you there!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile

Scheduled my interview for October 26th at 11:15 am. Anyone know how long the interviews usually last? I'm wondering if I should book my return flight for the same day or for the next day. Thanks!

This school is a joke but not funny at all, actually quite disturbing. First thre are not enought real US trained faculty members. Most of the faculty is foreign trained, without National Boards or state boards and are mostly incomprehensible in thier attempt to communicate in english. They are incompetent but cheap for the school which is all about the money and the bonuses for the abnormally large number of deans on the third floor.
There is quite a large hispanic faculty contingency that are like a "mob" The most disturbing aspect of this school and the administration is the fact that there is a hispanic male faculty that has been sexually harassing students for a couple of years. Last year a D4 student came forward and this year there have been multiple of incidents reported by D4 students and adminstration does not do anything about it. There is intimidation of the students by the hispanic faculty that band together and we are afraid of reprecussions. We feel trapped.

The school has now also eliminated requirements for the current d3 sutdents which seems like a great idea until you realize that there are not enough quality patients to ensure that you will get a good education or even partially your money's worth out of the exhorbitant tuition. Who knows if upcoming D1,2,& 3 will ever be prepared to practice or pass the boards. This can work at other schools that may be organized and have real faculty but here you just don't get enought experience.

Don't come to this school if you want to be a decent dentist. Although there are some few excellent faculty members they seem to get burned out and leave the school. they are unable to put up with this place and the cronyism. I came sold on the weather and supposed fun, was sold on it by a foolish D1 who later hated the school . The D3 and D4 students are all furstrated and morale is extremely low not only for harassed female students but for most of us.

Only come to this place if you have no other choice and then be ready to be increadibly in debt to get an education that is sub-par I have friends at other schools and their experience is so much better. If you do, seek out the very few good faculty which are all overworked but it is hard to avoid the overwhelming incompetent, lazy, abusive and non English speaking onew.

A very unsatisfied student and not alone.

This school is a joke but not funny at all, actually quite disturbing. First thre are not enought real US trained faculty members. Most of the faculty is foreign trained, without National Boards or state boards and are mostly incomprehensible in thier attempt to communicate in english. They are incompetent but cheap for the school which is all about the money and the bonuses for the abnormally large number of deans on the third floor.
There is quite a large hispanic faculty contingency that are like a "mob" The most disturbing aspect of this school and the administration is the fact that there is a hispanic male faculty that has been sexually harassing students for a couple of years. Last year a D4 student came forward and this year there have been multiple of incidents reported by D4 students and adminstration does not do anything about it. There is intimidation of the students by the hispanic faculty that band together and we are afraid of reprecussions. We feel trapped.

The school has now also eliminated requirements for the current d3 sutdents which seems like a great idea until you realize that there are not enough quality patients to ensure that you will get a good education or even partially your money's worth out of the exhorbitant tuition. Who knows if upcoming D1,2,& 3 will ever be prepared to practice or pass the boards. This can work at other schools that may be organized and have real faculty but here you just don't get enought experience.

Don't come to this school if you want to be a decent dentist. Although there are some few excellent faculty members they seem to get burned out and leave the school. they are unable to put up with this place and the cronyism. I came sold on the weather and supposed fun, was sold on it by a foolish D1 who later hated the school . The D3 and D4 students are all furstrated and morale is extremely low not only for harassed female students but for most of us.

Only come to this place if you have no other choice and then be ready to be increadibly in debt to get an education that is sub-par I have friends at other schools and their experience is so much better. If you do, seek out the very few good faculty which are all overworked but it is hard to avoid the overwhelming incompetent, lazy, abusive and non English speaking onew.

A very unsatisfied student and not alone.

funny how he/she recently joined and made their 1st post

Members don't see this ad :)
You are right I realized that although I had never joined to post, I had browsed SDN while appying. Although looking back there were a few negative posts, I wish there would have been more that were honest and painted a whole picture. Just thought that I should do what I wish someone else would have done. What is better to join and post or just ignore it and let other come here and be fooled?

You are right I realized that although I had never joined to post, I had browsed SDN while appying. Although looking back there were a few negative posts, I wish there would have been more that were honest and painted a whole picture. Just thought that I should do what I wish someone else would have done. What is better to join and post or just ignore it and let other come here and be fooled?

i spoke to 2 Nova graduates and they said the school was fine. However, they recommend going to a cheaper school.

That is smart, ask the graduates, ask how long ago they graduated and meet with current upper class students D4 when you come for your interview. Ask some very specific questions and beware of just meeting with D1 and D2 students that don't really know how it works (or doesn't) in clinic. The school has gone through a lot of changes in the lasat 3 years, changes in faculty, curriculum and patient fees that have been increased greatly all these have had an impact on us.

Going to any dental school is better than not going and in the end we will graduate and be DMDs the problem is what kind of education you got for your money and how much more you could have gotten out of the experience. Once you are in, and they have the money, that is all they care about. All I was saying was that if you have any other options, take them until this school is able or willing to make the needed changes and becomes a real US school.

Oh wow. I was happy about the invite for NOVA interview. But reading your comment makes me decide to wait for other invites and maybe turn NOVA down. I definetely don't want to graduate from a school without enough practicing on patients. Wow, it is a shame that nobody else would speak up. Thank you, bigci, for sharing. You are a brave person.

Scheduled my interview for October 26th at 11:15 am. Anyone know how long the interviews usually last? I'm wondering if I should book my return flight for the same day or for the next day. Thanks!

Booked my interview on Oct 24...anyone with me? Also just like you, I am also wondering when I should book my tickets and which hotel to stay at...

Booked my interview on Oct 24...anyone with me? Also just like you, I am also wondering when I should book my tickets and which hotel to stay at...

courtyard plantations has a special of $79 per night. it has a shuttle to NOVA and airport

courtyard plantations has a special of $79 per night. it has a shuttle to NOVA and airport

Hey thanks! While searching for hotels, I realized that prices are way cheaper if I were to book them through Kayak and some other websites...just a suggestion! :)

Hey thanks! While searching for hotels, I realized that prices are way cheaper if I were to book them through Kayak and some other websites...just a suggestion! :)

really? I used the Nova hotels & accommodations website. Nova provide their corporate ID/promo code.

really? I used the Nova hotels & accommodations website. Nova provide their corporate ID/promo code.

Yes! I ended up booking my ticket through Expedia. So basically if I requested for a separate quote for my air ticket, it was $335...and with a 2-night hotel stay over, it was $410. Because I bought it as a pkg, they gave me about $50 worth of discount! :D Plus, this hotel provides their airport shuttle. So that's not an issue; however, they don't provide transportation to Nova. But I can always take a cab to get there and public transportation to come back!

don't worry, there are many other schools still :)

Interview invite offered today. I'm scheduled for October 5th. Although I'm a little weirded out by the posts saying this is an awful school. For what it's worth, I've heard similar things about plenty of other schools. I've heard of unhappy students from BU, UConn, now NOVA, and others at one point or another. I say interview, ask questions, and find people you can get reliable information from.

just got an invite, scheduled for november 7th
TS21 AA19
3.96 sGPA 3.81GPA

Just got an invite, Scheduled for November 14th
TS20, AA 20
3.31 oGPA, 4.1 PostGpa

Does anybody have an interview on Nov. 2nd?

Hey all, just out of curiosity, for those of you who got an invitation, when did they receive all of your stuff by? My application is pending right now and I was just wondering how long it takes for them to look through your stuff and reject you/give you an interview.

Hey all, just out of curiosity, for those of you who got an invitation, when did they receive all of your stuff by? My application is pending right now and I was just wondering how long it takes for them to look through your stuff and reject you/give you an interview.

It only take them a week to review my application. My application mail out date was 08/31/12, they received my DAT score on 09/05/12 and I got the invitation on 09/7/12.
btw my interview is 12/12/12 :)

It only take them a week to review my application. My application mail out date was 08/31/12, they received my DAT score on 09/05/12 and I got the invitation on 09/7/12.
btw my interview is 12/12/12 :)

lucky date and number!

Does anyone know where to go for the interview after you park in the parking garage? I have my interview in 2 hours!

Thanks

Does anyone know where to go for the interview after you park in the parking garage? I have my interview in 2 hours!

Thanks

Can't help you, but please let us know how it goes, have my interview november 7th, good luck

Thanks

let me know when you find out. i have mine tomorrow

How long does the interview take? Is there a tour before? How long does the whole thing take?

Just read through my stuff: Takes 11:45-5PM (Yikes!) Included is lunch and tour (Yay!)

does anyone know where we are actually supposed to check in for the interview?

Trying to figure this out myself. Is it the Health Professions Division building? or the Dental building?

You are checking into Terry Administration Building, which is very close to the West entrance of the campus.
All the medical and dental students are in that area, behind the terry building.

My AADSAS app just got mailed out this morning, got an email from NOVA with supp app webpage, submitted just now. I still have my committee letter missing... does that mean they are not going to start reviewing my app till they get it? and I guess pre-dec interviews are filled already...? :( :( :(

Good luck to all :)

My AADSAS app just got mailed out this morning, got an email from NOVA with supp app webpage, submitted just now. I still have my committee letter missing... does that mean they are not going to start reviewing my app till they get it? and I guess pre-dec interviews are filled already...? :( :( :(

Good luck to all :)

i didnt have my letters in at all and they gave me an interview

i didnt have my letters in at all and they gave me an interview

w00t!! Congraturations!!!
Do you mind sharing your stats n when you had everything else submitted? When's ur interview?

Anyone going for the September 27th interview?