***The Official UNLV Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

teethfordays

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
UNLV prospective students unite! Since there doesn't seem too be too many of us...YET, I figured this is a place where we can share stats, interview dates, thoughts, concerns, etc. :)

I will be interviewing on Sept. 14. Hope to see some of you there! :D

Anyone know where I could find the interview/acceptance rate for OOS applicants?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Interviewing September 14th as well!

Are you two both in-state or OOS and when did you turn in your applications? I am an OOS applicant and I received an email from UNLV on on July 27th saying that my application was complete and would be under review. I am wondering how long it took you guys to receive an invite to interview after turning in your application.

AA: 22 TS: 20 PAT: 21
BCP: 3.84 GPA: 3.78

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey ya'll. I was fourth batch, but just completed my app with them (missing a LOR from a dentist) about a week ago. Hoping to hear about an interview soon... At least I haven't been rejected yet I guess... Good luck all!

OOS
sGPA: 3.47
oGPA: 3.6

DAT: 20/19/19

Are you two both in-state or OOS and when did you turn in your applications? I am an OOS applicant and I received an email from UNLV on on July 27th saying that my application was complete and would be under review. I am wondering how long it took you guys to receive an invite to interview after turning in your application.

AA: 22 TS: 20 PAT: 21
BCP: 3.84 GPA: 3.78

I was in 3rd batch, and I'm OOS. I got the "welcome" email on July 16 and sent my supp in a few days after, "file complete" on July 23, and the interview invite email on August 9.

congrats on the interviews! Ill be starting dental school this year at unlv and feel free to ask me any questions

Wow. It's been quiet. No interview invites for a while?

They are handing them out again!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Email Today! You got today too man!!

I wanted Las vegas though

lol i wantz midwestern. las vegas, BU, Colorado, Utah, michigan, Case, ASDOH, MOSDOH, UF. Tufts, NYU, Columbia, Upenn, UCLA, UCSF, UoP, USC, UMDNJ, UMD, UDM, and all 3 texas schools.

sorry I tend to dream very big! :laugh:

My interview is 10/5. Do you know what hotel you're staying at? Any suggestions? :D

Interview on the 5th! Woot woot

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

The location, surroundings are just blah. The atmosphere just didnt feel like other places I've been to.

Can anyone who went to the interview on 9/14 shine some light on how your experience was?

I thought the school was great! The faculty was enthusiastic, the clinic was modern, and the students had good things to say.

Overall I really enjoyed it.

Interviewing on the 26th of October! Had the choice of 19th or 26th!:woot:

Got an interview invite today!! I'll be interviewing on nov 2nd!! So excited!!

Does UNLV send a confirmation letter that they've recieved your application? I've only recently added UNLV to my schools. 12th batch, September 14th. The other two schools, USC and UI, sent me a confirmation email... not UNLV.

Does UNLV send a confirmation letter that they've recieved your application? I've only recently added UNLV to my schools. 12th batch, September 14th. The other two schools, USC and UI, sent me a confirmation email... not UNLV.
Yes but not immediately I don't think. Make sure to go to their website and fill out their secondary: http://dentalschool.unlv.edu/admissions_app.html

I gave them a call, and they said they just received and beginning to file the 12th batch. They sent me 2 confirmation letters about an hour after I called. Thank goodness!

For those who are interviewing Nov 2nd, I'm flying in a day earlier. Anyone want to grab a bite or a drink to calm the nerves? Also, where do people recommend staying?

Was wondering if anyone can shine some lights about this school or about the interview day, both students at the school or those who went to the interview already would help.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm interviewing October 19th!

Can anyone tell me what the interview process was like and how the actual interviews went?

Any suggestions on what specifically about the school I should highlight if asked? Super excited and nervous!

All feedback is much appreciated :laugh: