***The Official UNLV Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I called the number on Christine Ancaja's business card that we got with our interview folder. Do you want me to send it to you?

Members don't see this ad :)
I called the number on Christine Ancaja's business card that we got with our interview folder. Do you want me to send it to you?
Nope, I just snagged the card - Thanks and Congratulations!

I am also in! Omggg happiest day of my life!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

OMG OMG I think I just got in!!! The moment I heard the word "Congratualtions", my brain just stopped working for a moment! And now I'm doubting myself if I even got in or not!! For those that just got accepted, Congratulations to you all :).

What did the admission tell you after they said that you got accepted? Are we expecting an email or package in the mail? Sorry for the stupid question

OMG OMG I think I just got in!!! The moment I heard the word "Congratualtions", my brain just stopped working for a moment! And now I'm doubting myself if I even got in or not!! For those that just got accepted, Congratulations to you all :).

What did the admission tell you after they said that you got accepted? Are we expecting an email or package in the mail? Sorry for the stupid question

Yeah, we'll receive something in the mail. Congratulations!

Package or packet that they're putting in the mail today! CONGRATS!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted as well! So awesome! Congratulations to everyone

how were you notified? I tried calling them but no luck.... I've tried 3x already... =(

Called about an hour ago and had no problems. Also got a phone call from Dr. Ancajas about 2 seconds ago. So they might be making phone calls as well :)

Same here :(

I'm in too!!

I'm still unsure I heard congratulations but I'm on cloud 9 right now.

You all deserved it and all of our hard work and sleepless nights finally paid off in that two minute phone call!!

Congrats to all

continuing review.... they will re-review my app in mid january when the board meets again... Man I'm really bummed...

ACCEPTED!!!! Called around 12pm Central time!!!! So happy right nowwwwwwwww

Congrats!

I actually really want to call... but I don't want to slow down calling traffic. I'll call by tomorrow if I don't hear something.

UNLV... you were my first interview and the first school that I loved. Please let me be one of your first picks toooooo!! <3

Congrats!

I actually really want to call... but I don't want to slow down calling traffic. I'll call by tomorrow if I don't hear something.

UNLV... you were my first interview and the first school that I loved. Please let me be one of your first picks toooooo!! <3

Call now! They aren't calling applicants! They're just mailing acceptances. So if you really want to know, call them up!

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!! I called and I'm IN!!!!!!!!

SOOO HAPPY, especially because I loved UNLV!!!!!!! I prayed soooo soooo hard last night.

I hope you all get some good news, so we can be classmates!!!!

Called in earlier today! Accepted but will be declining because I got into my top choice! Good luck to the rest of you!

I'm glad we have sdn so that I saw the advice to personally call and ask about an acceptance. Great news, I'm in!!!! UNLV is expensive, but I was definitely impressed with the school.

Anyone receive their admission packet? I need some kind of reassurance I was actually accepted haha.

when people say unlv is expensive i mean

i think it's on the lower end of private schools right? especially considered the extremely low costs of living. it obviously doesn't compare to public schools

Hey everyone,

I'm very excited to be a part of this class! I was wondering if anyone can help me find answers to some of the things I've been trying to find out about the school.

1. Anyone know if class is going to be the typical M-F (8-5PM)? Anyone know the class schedule?
2. Are students still required to take Spanish?
3. Are lectures recorded?

Thank you!

I am thinking of choosing unlv over ucla.

If anyone can shred some lights about UNLV and the problem please let me know.

I'm just really excited to be wearing black scrubs! Lol

LOL me too!!

ROFL. Wait, how do you know our color will be black? That's awesome, now I can totally get away with wearing the same outfit twice in a row. :p

You might get better feedback from the general pre-dent forum, and posting a poll. I'd honestly be torn as well, as a CA resident, and being completely in love with UNLV lol.

Good luck with your decision!

Anyone receive their admission packet? I need some kind of reassurance I was actually accepted haha.

I'm wondering the same thing as well lol. Has anyone received their packet yet?

Hey everyone,

I'm very excited to be a part of this class! I was wondering if anyone can help me find answers to some of the things I've been trying to find out about the school.

1. Anyone know if class is going to be the typical M-F (8-5PM)? Anyone know the class schedule?

Thank you!

Can answer part of these.

1. Yes, M-Th from 8-5. Fridays typically half days.
2. Didn't hear anything about it, but didn't hear it specifically addressed either.
3. Don't think lectures are recorded. Spoke to a student who said that some people choose to record them on their own.

Hey everyone,

Thank you!

This is based on either the info I got on my interview or info from the folder they gave us.

1. According to the weekly schedule that they included in my folder for interview day, for the 5th week of school for D1s (since I interviewed on the 4th week), class schedule goes like this for that 5th week:

M-W 8-3pm, lunch for an hour at noon.
Th 8-5pm (due to sim lab from 1-5pm)
F 8-12pm. HOW AWESOME! I love short Fridays, and Friday is my favorite day of the week!

According to the schedule, Sim lab days seemed to be: Tuesday (8-12pm) and Thursday (1-5pm). The other times are in the classrooms.

I'm sure the schedule may vary throughout the year and depending on what year you're in dental school.

2. It was brought up that it is required to take Spanish during my interview day. I do not know if it still holds true, but from talking to my D2 interviewer about the Spanish class, she said it's not that bad at all if you are worried about it. She said that it was more like communicative Spanish so that you can communicate what you want to say to the Hispanic patient so that they can understand. Probably less intensive than a normal Spanish class.

3. I have no clue about the lecture recording, but I always record my lectures so if I'm there, I'm willing to share! :)

ROFL. Wait, how do you know our color will be black? That's awesome, now I can totally get away with wearing the same outfit twice in a row. :p

They had mentioned the different class colors on interview day! Black will be our color! :)

Here is something for you all to be excited about! :D

I'm a Doctor and I know it - Official Dental Parody of LMFAO's Sexy and I know it / Party Rock (UNLV School of Dental Medicine Class of 2014)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KMqjsR9LfY&feature=plcp

They will be our upperclassmen D4s!!! Looks like a friendly and awesome group of people!

I remember seeing that video some time last year, and I youtubed it yesterday. I had a presentation that day, and after watching that video, I COULD NOT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT to focus on my presentation for a couple hours! hahah

:laugh: I remember seeing that video too!! Watched it like 3 times already haha

And if I had to choose a scrub color, I would choose black!! Yayyy!! Win-win
Anyone know if we have the option of wearing scrubs or dressing up professionally?

:laugh: I remember seeing that video too!! Watched it like 3 times already haha

And if I had to choose a scrub color, I would choose black!! Yayyy!! Win-win
Anyone know if we have the option of wearing scrubs or dressing up professionally?

Glad to see you got accepted! See you next year! :)

I think we can only wear scrubs. Makes my life easier!

2. It was brought up that it is required to take Spanish during my interview day. I do not know if it still holds true, but from talking to my D2 interviewer about the Spanish class, she said it's not that bad at all if you are worried about it. She said that it was more like communicative Spanish so that you can communicate what you want to say to the Hispanic patient so that they can understand. Probably less intensive than a normal Spanish class.

Yeah, you're right. It's not like taking a regular Spanish class like you did in HS or UG. Just enough so you can communicate with patients. Pretty cool stuff. :)

Wait we have to take Spanish before entering unlv?

Wait we have to take Spanish before entering unlv?

Noo, we are required to take Conversational Spanish DURING dental school at UNLV :)

Did anyone receive the packet yet?

I live in NY and haven't gotten it yet.

Got mine today! From CA. Even after physical evidence that I'm in, I can still hardly believe it.

still waiting for my packet...or Ashton Kutcher to come out of no where and scream "YOU GOT PUNKD BETCH!"