****The Official ASDOH Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

sa012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Feel free to post any updates!!!

I got an interview there on 10/15...anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Interview on 10/10 for me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if ASDOH is done sending out pre-december interview invites?

Not sure... But the interview I signed up for (10/15) was the last date the had available on the calendar.

Lets time I checked, they had three spots left.

EDIT: there are two spots left.

hey so do I ! :) are you in the 8 o'clock or 11 o'clock group?

I'm actually in the morning group. I will mostly likely be flying in from California the day before haha

Does anyone know if ASDOH is done sending out pre-december interview invites?

I'm sure there are more pre-dec spot because they out recently start sending out their interview invites.

I'm actually in the morning group. I will mostly likely be flying in from California the day before haha

Haha I'm from Cali as well. Good luck to you!

Congratulations to all of you! I'm really hoping for an ASDOH interview, but my application was processed in the middle of August so they said I had to wait 6-8 weeks to hear back for anything. When was your application processed?

Hey all!! If any of you have any questions about ASDOH or the program, feel free to PM me. I live about 10 minutes from the school and have done a lot of volunteer stuff with them and have been to a few pre-dental events held there. I am happy to answer any questions or give you a heads up on their interview style. Best of luck!!

I was told that my app went under review on 8/23 and I heard from them on 9/04 about the interview.

I have an interview on Oct 2nd! Any advice?
I'm nervous about their 20% acceptance rate post interview. :/

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview on Oct 2nd! Any advice?
I'm nervous about their 20% acceptance rate post interview. :/

Just relax and be yourself. There's really no other better advice than this.

Especially for ASDOH, if the admission committee really likes you as a person (since at this stage, stats don't factor in THAT much anymore), they will offer you acceptance.

Best of luck!

I too have an interview with ASDOH on the 10th of October. I interviewed there last year but did not get in obviously. I love the school and I am sure you all will as well. Best of luck to you guys. I will see some of you on the 10th in the afternoon. Maybe we can meet the day before and go grab a bite to eat and discuss the interview. Let me know. Last year when I had the interview, I went to dinner with another applicant and we got to talk about the interview and helped each other be calm before the interview. Was fun meeting new people.

Just got the letter in the mail saying I'm still in consideration after my interview!!

Hooray for not being rejected!

Was wondering if anyone can give me more insights about their manual dexterity test and presentation on the day of the interview

Anyone who interviewed there please post updates about the interview day. Thanks!!

Was wondering if anyone can give me more insights about their manual dexterity test and presentation on the day of the interview

Manual dexterity test?? That sounds interesting/frightening at the same time, haha. What do you have to do for that?

Hopefully I'll hear back from ASDOH soon!!!

Does anyone know anything about the acceptance rate for pre-december interviews?

Hi everyone! For those of you who have interviewed at ASDOH already, if you could recommend any nearby hotel or shuttle service, that would be greatly appreciated! I know they sent a list of suggestions with the interview invite, but I'd appreciate hearing if any of you had a positive or negative travel experience worth mentioning. Thanks so much!

I stayed at the La Quinta Inn on superstition and its only a mile an half away. It was great and they have a free shuttle to and from the school for your interview! It wasn't too expensive either. It's right next to restaurants too: bjs, pf changs, red robin, chipotle and crispy Cream!!

I stayed at the La Quinta Inn on superstition and its only a mile an half away. It was great and they have a free shuttle to and from the school for your interview! It wasn't too expensive either. It's right next to restaurants too: bjs, pf changs, red robin, chipotle and crispy Cream!!

Great! Thanks for the advice (I love BJ's!). Did you fly into Pheonix Sky Harbor airport by any chance? I'm trying to figure out how much a cab would cost for the 30 minute drive.

Great! Thanks for the advice (I love BJ's!). Did you fly into Pheonix Sky Harbor airport by any chance? I'm trying to figure out how much a cab would cost for the 30 minute drive.

Yeah I just took a cab and it cost me $45 ugh! But I think you can find some sort of super shuttle that cost like $22 that's what the man at the front desk told me

Just got my letter saying that I am still in the running! :D!

Does anybody ever get a letter that says otherwise?

Just got my letter saying that I am still in the running! :D!

Does anybody ever get a letter that says otherwise?

Congrats. I haven't seen anyone on Sdn mention they received the post-interview "rejection" letter. Everyone seems to be getting the post-interview "you are still being considered" letter. Perhaps all the Sdn predents are just this amazing :p

Congrats. I haven't seen anyone on Sdn mention they received the post-interview "rejection" letter. Everyone seems to be getting the post-interview "you are still being considered" letter. Perhaps all the Sdn predents are just this amazing :p
They do reject some yes. I don't think it is very many though, only the people that completely blow the interview.

I received an interview invite for November 6th. Looks like they are still filling spots. Keep your hopes up.

Sent from my EVO using SDN Mobile

I just got an interview invitation with the only options on December 4, 6, 11, and 13. The only day I don’t have a final exam is on the 11th, but I have two on the 13th. I’m also from the east coast, where there’s a 3-hour time difference and a 7-9 hour flight, so going on the 11th would be super stressful. Is there a significant disadvantage in a January interview versus a December one if I try to change it?

9th interview invitation is ASDOH!

i got home from an interview at UCSF and found the ASDOH email haha. i picked dec 4

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but for those who interviewed, what hotel did you stay at during your visit? I know the school provided a list of options but wanted to hear if there are any recommendations from experience. Thank you.

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but for those who interviewed, what hotel did you stay at during your visit? I know the school provided a list of options but wanted to hear if there are any recommendations from experience. Thank you.

I stayed at La Quinta on Superstition Springs. If you mention ASDOH, you get a deal on your room and I think I ended up paying ~$65 for a nice room with a king sized bed. There's also some nice restaurants a walkable distance from the hotel. I also think they have a shuttle to the school, but I didn't use it so don't quote me on that. I'd recommend it.

La Quinta was the best hotel. Super clean and the breakfast was the best haha. I paid around 45 dollars.

They do have a free shuttle to and from the school which like a mile or to away from asdoh.

Thank you for the La Quinta recommendation guys!

So...I had my interview there a couple of weeks ago, and haven't received the "you're still in the running" email yet...should I be worried or should I expect some sort of delay due to the Thanksgiving break?

Any input would be appreciated. I really loved the school and hope I have a chance of getting in! :xf:

Does anyone know how ASDOH plans to contact accepted applicants on Dec 3?
I think I read on old threads that they updated their status on AADSAS last cycle, but I don't even have them on my AADSAS. Does anyone else?

I got my "you're still in the running" letter in the mail about 1 week after my interview.

But don't worry. they said they will send out a letter either way... so no letter is not a bad thing.

Does anyone know how ASDOH plans to contact accepted applicants on Dec 3?
I think I read on old threads that they updated their status on AADSAS last cycle, but I don't even have them on my AADSAS. Does anyone else?

they said they will call you on the 3rd and an email follows that

they're not on my aadsas either

At my interview, I was told that they'd update the AADSAS on the morning of Dec. 3rd. They said that should be up by 8am if you were accepted. I'm not sure if it'll show up for everybody else (who wasn't accepted) on that day though. But yea, they said they'd call and email later on in the day too. :xf:

I've applied to asdoh for the past 4 application cycles and asdoh still remains my number one choice. I was fortunate to have an interview there last year but was not accepted and was granted another interview this year. I interviewed on 10/10. I love the school, staff, and Faculty. It is overall a great school. Dec 3rd is only a couple days away and I am so nervous. But If you want something really bad, you have to fight for it, never giving up. I've been rejected the past 4 years from dental schools but still I fight for my dream. I know, no matter how long it takes, one day, I will become a dentist. For those of you who get rejected, its not the end of the world. Come back and fight harder for your dream. For those of you that get accepted to asdoh, congratulation on getting accepted in to one of the best dental schools in the world! Go out there and make a difference. With that said, I'd like to wish everyone good luck and maybe one day we can be classmates.

At my interview, I was told that they'd update the AADSAS on the morning of Dec. 3rd. They said that should be up by 8am if you were accepted. I'm not sure if it'll show up for everybody else (who wasn't accepted) on that day though. But yea, they said they'd call and email later on in the day too. :xf:
Has anyone had ASDOH show up on AADSAS yet? I don't remember hearing that they would use AADSAS at my interview...

No, ASDOH doesn't even show up on mine

i got so nervous when i saw people had posted for asdoh!! it made me think decisions had gone out already, and i hadn't heard yet...whew

has anyone heard back??

Just got the call from Azra at 8:54 Arizona time.