**** The Official Louisville Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

tigers22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Just wanted to make a thread for anyone interviewing at Louisville or hope to go there!.... I have my interview on October 12th!

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck to you all! Does anyone know if Louisville is done with pre-december invites?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm October 19th. Anyone else??

Bueller? Bueller?

I pushed my interview back to nov 12, it feels like forever. I got my interview on Sept. 13.

Last edited:
When did you send in your supplemental? I'm just trying to get an idea of how long it takes to hear about an interview.
well they sent me an e-mail a few days after I did my app fee on july 19th saying my application was complete, then i received an e-mail on august 23rd inviting me for an interview

I'm 2nd batch and still haven't heard from the school. Robin from admissions visited my college last week though and I was able to meet with her. I was really impressed and she told me to expect an interview invite within a few weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how Louisville is selecting people for interview invites? The order in which they are selecting people seems a little random.

i am! I have to book a flight since im from california. Where are you from toothfairy 91?

Any one having an interview Nov 2? :)

October 5th here! They invited me last Wednesday, and I asked if they could switch it to the 12th (since my UK interview is on the 16th), but the next availability wasn't til October 29th.

I'm OoS (Florida) and I submitted my app on 6/27. Nov 12 is veterans day and they will be having interviews that day, so may be something to consider with school schedule. I also heard that interview dates seem to reflect distance from KY to accommodate students traveling from further away, so don't sweat it yet if you're from Anchorage.

im from florida and want to stay the weekend if you want to stay and explore with me

October 5th here! They invited me last Wednesday, and I asked if they could switch it to the 12th (since my UK interview is on the 16th), but the next availability wasn't til October 29th.

ill see ya on friday!

Can anyone whos from the area or already interviewed help me out with travel plans??? What is the best way to get from Louisville International Airport to the dental school? Recommendations on places to stay for cheap in the area? Thanks!

@ohohitsmagic08 - on the UofL website they have a list of hotels that you might be interested in (go to 'future students')! After some intense researching i stumbled upon:

Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo
3322 RED ROOF INN PLACE LOUISVILLE, KY 40218 US 502-456-2993

if you ask if they have the university discount, they'll give you the rate 43 bucks a day! (cheapestestest hotel that i found so far without being super ghetto) - their normal price w/o discount = $64ish

I checked the review for the hotel and it isnt bad. relatively close to campus and airport.

Id probably get around via taxi. The front desk person said a lot of students stay here for their interview and its super easy to get a taxi whenever.

If youre >25 year old, i suggest renting a car since its basically around 20 bucks a day, cheaper than taxi fsure (hotel to and from campus = around 17 bucks taxi already). I wish i could do that but im not old enough... :/

it took me forever to plan my trip haha but i hope it helps!

I live in Louisville and am a current applicant. If any fellow couchsurfers are coming for an interview, PM me and I should be able to help you out. It's only about a 3-4 minute drive from my house to the dental school. There's a bus stop just across the street, but I don't have early morning classes so I could probably even drop you off at the school if needed.

how did your interview go?

Just wondering, how long did it take you guys to hear back from the school after you paid your fee? I'm getting a little antsy. >.<

I submitted the fee last week and they just emailed me saying they have everything and that my app is being processed further. But no update to AADSAS

just got an invite today! anyone else got november 16th?!

don't worry about AADSAS, i had an interview for 2 weeks before it even reflected the interview. anyone with a nov 12 interview?

Just wondering, how long did it take you guys to hear back from the school after you paid your fee? I'm getting a little antsy. >.<

It took me approximately 2-3 weeks after my supplement fee was submitted for the schools that have invited me. (3 invites thus far)

My app was submitted through AADSAS Aug 31st. I hope that kind of gives you a timeline. This waiting game is killing me.

have you heard back about an interview yet? i'm in the same batch as you.

Not yet. I paid my supplement fee on the 10th, however Louisville had a mix up with their supplement fees getting processed on that day and the 9th.

They thought they had caught all of them, but mine somehow was overlooked. It was two weeks before I discovered the problem and called them about it.

As a result, my app was not marked "complete" until September 27th. Regretably adcoms only review files once they are complete, so I'm afraid all hope is out the window for a pre-December interview with Louisville. I'm still hoping I get an invite. It's a great school and everyone is so nice. I just wished I had discovered the problem sooner.

I'm in the exact same boat. My app mailed out 8/31 and I paid the secondary the day I received the email from them but it did not process. So I called them, they said don't worry. I called the next week and they said that they had a problem with some of the secondary fees. They took care of it that day but it delayed my app complete by two weeks.
I thought for sure I would get a pre-Dec interview and now I'm pretty sure I won't.
And if you don't get a pre-Dec interview at Louisville it can take months to get an acceptance from them.

What were the dates offer your application and fee?

I checked my AADSAS today and saw that it now says invited for interview from Louisville!

However, I have not received an e-mail or date yet. How long does it take to get an official e-mail after your status changes? Thanks!

I checked my AADSAS today and saw that it now says invited for interview from Louisville!

However, I have not received an e-mail or date yet. How long does it take to get an official e-mail after your status changes? Thanks!

i received the email first and then AADSAS changed a few days later...id recommend calling admissions - they're all really nice...let us know what date you get!

Hey guys,

I just checked with admissions because I too had "invited for interview" on my AADSAS today and they said that they have been undergoing a glitch. So I hate to be the one to say this but if they haven't sent an email invitation for interview, that AADSAS status is probably a glitch. I will keep you guys updated if I get more information on this.

Sorry :(

I got my interview e-mail today for Nov. 19th. On the phone they said some people's AASDAS portals got updated too quickly then they were supposed to so keep checking for an e-mail.​

I got my interview e-mail today for Nov. 19th. On the phone they said some people's AASDAS portals got updated too quickly then they were supposed to so keep checking for an e-mail.​

Hey Floss! I hope you're right! When I called today a lady said she would talk to the other lady who handles interview scheduling. Then she called me back and told me that there has been a glitch in aadsas and if I did get an interview I would have gotten an email. I hope you are right in that it was just updated fast. It's kind of sad getting excited for an interview then finding out it was an accident! :(

Does anyone else that applied to Louisville have the same "interview" status on aadsas?

for anyone who is traveling far distances there are travel packages that consist of flight+ hotel+ car all fo decent prices around 300 to 400 dollars.. Its a cheaper route you ask me seeing that im from georgia

Last edited: