Pharm Class of 2007/2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Roxicet

warning: I'm addictive!
7+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
College of Pharmacy Class of 2007/2008

beerchug.gif
:clap:
trinken.gif
w00t.gif
Feest2.gif

Alabama

Samford University
scuba_smitty

Arizona

Midwestern University COP Glendale (2007)
pharmel
Roxicet
pharmaz88
off2skl
Hirlemad
cognito
minoos

University of Arizona
groo1515

California

Loma Linda University
sosokk

UCSD

UCSF
gaza08
Oneday_9
young skywalker
64microbus
livingdaylights
pharmacy111
spyris
needpharmd
withoutadoubt5
julesc76

USC
hnguyen
spoons
toki
Sukie
lr_pharm
buddharat21
calgal03
doeboy
nivs22
dunamis22
SynergeticSteve
tanyas
Susanch76
N*E*R*D*
muimui221
zenguppy34
Dloi
babeedream
the2ndwish

UOP
cosmo kramer
EarlyEditionDude
Prolab007
Topaz23rd
StephenChanUCI
farmboyfarm

Western
wstrn08
rainbow
Jenita143
surgical
NunChuck Skills

Colorado

University of Colorado
pharmd72

District of Columbia

Howard University
pnoty_4
afrikankoffee
pharmphil

Florida

Nova Southeastern University
ApothRM
PMart

University of Florida
moobymaster
Trancelucent1

Georgia

South University
danix

Hawaii

Hawaii COP (2007)
Rxforlife2004
michelleca4
Vannie4uBaby
KauaiGirl13
Jenn220

Illinois

Midwestern University CCP
chitown23
KARM12

UIC
chitowngyrl
rxRyan
NGP78
Iryna

Maryland

University of Maryland
Shanana
sle008

Massachusetts

MCPHS Worchester (2007)
EvilGenius
kiki642

Michigan

Wayne State
Spartan676

Minnesota

University of Minnesota
pharmd-08

Nevada

University of Southern Nevada (2007)
JTD1972
mstrb8rx

New York

Albany
dontworry

SUNY at Buffalo
garou

North Dakota

NDSU
pharmd2008

Ohio

Ohio State University
OSURxgirl
BIGA121781

Oklahoma

University of Oklahoma
okstatepharmer

Oregon

OSU
curious georgie
ap97531
VP_Pharm2004
Tuck

Pennsylvania

LECOM (2007)
tantica

Temple University
amian04
kaoboy

South Carolina

MUSC
Vuitton27

South Dakota

SDSU
sweetcalie08

Tennessee

University of Tennessee
rite1
biohazardgirl
vilraj

Texas

Texas Tech
emogrrrrl

University of Houston
heya
nguyenkd
LegaLDeaLer

University of Texas
UT-Frank
isolde
Longhorn23
aggiedg02
utlonghornsandy
DocRx
PharmDude

Washington

University of Washington
huskee2008
sunkiki486

Canada:

University of Toronto
Queen B

It's time for a new list...BMBiology-style. When you've decided which Pharmacy school you will attend, or if you change your mind, please post, and I will add you to the list. Congratulations everyone!
alc.gif
<----me :)

Members don't see this ad.

:clap: The torch has been passed to a new generation of pharmacy students :clap:

Congratulations Roxy! :clap:

I know how much this means to you and the long, difficult road you've had to take to get here, but you did! ...and it brings me great joy knowing you've accomplished this. :) someone pass me the tissue *sob*

Congratulations to all of you incoming pharm students!

Members don't see this ad :)
:love: I definitely didn't do this alone. I am sure that the outcome would have been very different had I not been introduced to all you wonderful people here at SDN (thanks Lori). I am very grateful. I couldn't have done it without your advice and encouragement, LVPharm, and jdpharmd?, and there's just too many to list. :) Where would I be today without the ladies' interview fashion tips and without having read the pfizer guide to careers in pharmacy, and so many other things? Great, now I need some kleenex...;)
sad05.gif
...group hug
grouphug.gif

Congrats to you all for your acceptences to pharmacy school. You must feel so relieved now that the battle is over. With the unprecedented and overwhelming number of applicants this year, you should be really proud of yourselves.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

once again, karma, congratulations. i'm so happy for you!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Not to sully the enthusiasm, but are all of these peeps absolutley attending these schools? I think AZpremed still has iv's to conduct.

I will echo the sentiment that those accepted have made it through the most competitive application pool ever. Each of you should be extremely proud of yourselves.

As they say, it will be an honor and a privilege to have you in this amazing field.

To those attending USC, I look forward to seeing you as Trojans.

wohoooooooooooooooo I can't wait to see this list get longer and longer.

Again congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

originally posted by triangulation
Not to sully the enthusiasm, but are all of these peeps absolutley attending these schools? I think AZpremed still has iv's to conduct.
I know, but the list would be so short without her. ;)

Hey Brill, wanna make this a sticky? August is a long way off, and I have a lot of changes to make. :thumbup:

u got an email karmapatrol. and congrats. :clap:

Wow, my decisions warranted two posts. Pretty cool :)

Definitely proves my status as an SDN addict. And yeah, I am still going to interview at UCSF and UCSD. At this point I think I would go to USC over UCSD, but UCSF is in my hometown, so that could be hard to beat. Though the PharmD/MS in Regulatory Science deal at USC is pretty good. So we'll see. But I sent USC my deposit yesterday... so for the moment at least, it looks like I'm a Trojan.

Originally posted by azpremed
Wow, my decisions warranted two posts. Pretty cool :)

Definitely proves my status as an SDN addict. And yeah, I am still going to interview at UCSF and UCSD. At this point I think I would go to USC over UCSD, but UCSF is in my hometown, so that could be hard to beat. Though the PharmD/MS in Regulatory Science deal at USC is pretty good. So we'll see. But I sent USC my deposit yesterday... so for the moment at least, it looks like I'm a Trojan.

Yeah the Regulatory MS is pretty hard to compete w/elsewhere. It's engineered speficically for pharmd students and that impressed me. I hope your ucsf interview goes like crap AZ!!!! Just playin ;)

Congratulations everyone!! :hardy: Proof that hard work does pay off. You guys are inspiring me to study more in my pre-pharm path..thanks :).

Originally posted by karmapatroL
:love: I definitely didn't do this alone. I am sure that the outcome would have been very different had I not been introduced to all you wonderful people here at SDN (thanks Lori). I am very grateful. I couldn't have done it without your advice and encouragement, LVPharm, and jdpharmd?, and there's just too many to list. :) Where would I be today without the ladies' interview fashion tips and without having read the pfizer guide to careers in pharmacy, and so many other things? Great, now I need some kleenex...;)
sad05.gif
...group hug
grouphug.gif

Karmapatrol,

Your, smilies are so cute! (i.e. the group-hug)..where do you find them??

~Cyclopropane

Members don't see this ad :)
cyclo,

you can use any smilie you find on any website by right-clicking on it, copying the "address" in "properties," and pasting it into your post between the image code.

example: http://www.whatever.gif[/IMG <--don't forget the closing bracket here ]

have fun!

to all of those who have heard back from pharm schools, could I ask what were your stats? gpa/pcat if taken/etc? thanks

originally posted by gh
to all of those who have heard back from pharm schools, could I ask what were your stats? gpa/pcat if taken/etc? thanks

It's hard to say exactly why we've been accepted. Actually it would be nice if in the acceptance letters, they said "We have decided to admit you for X, Y, and Z reasons." Numbers are not the only factors taken into consideration by adcoms. The personal statement is HUGE and the interview is also critical. Not everyone with a 3.6+ GPA or 99th percentile PCAT is accepted if they don't have other pharmacy related experiences and an ability to effectively communicate why they want to be a pharmacist and what they have to contribute to the profession. If I had just said, my GPA is 3.3 and PCAT %ile is 91, that would be like saying "this is what you need to get into pharm school," but, I don't think those are the only reasons I was accepted.

Good luck!

USC school of pharmacy here i come!! class of 2008 woo hoo! just got my acceptance letter today in the mail!

hnguyen, azpremed, spoons i look forward to being your classmate!

hip hip horray! :clap: :clap: :clap: :hardy: :D

Got my letter from Samford the other day :horns: , guess thats where I'll be for the next four years.

If anyone else decides thats where they are going, e-mail me.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

We're on a roll! Congrats everyone. Keep 'em coming!
surfing.gif

Got my letter from Nova Southeastern today!!!
Its was my first choice..YEa, I'm pretty happy

Congrats to the rest of you.

Goodluck...:hardy: :wow: :clap: :cool:

Hi there,

Just trying to add myself onto that list. I am going to USC too. :D

Hi guys~ This is my first post, but I've been reading all the threads from SDN since last year. I just got the acceptance letter from UCSF, so any of you who applied to UCSF should start getting the letters soon. Unlike USC, the admission letter is really thin.. so don't be nervous when you see the thin envelope ;). I'm really pleased because I got rejected last year and I reapplied...

All the information from SDN really helped me a lot to understand and prepare the field of pharmacy. I really appreciate to you guys!!!!!:love:

Yeah baby!! I'm going to pharmacy school!! I got accepted at University of Iowa and Ohio State University.....3rd and 2nd choice respectively. Now I'm worried about the first choice..which I will be interviewed in a couple of weeks.
It's such a relief to know that I have a safety net...Congratulations to all of you too!

pharmd-08, don't forget to come back and let us know where you've decided to attend, so I can add you to the list. :clap:

:clap: "Vegas Baby Vegas" :clap:

I got into NVCP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

congrats to those of you who got in this year. you have gone a long way to get to this point. i learned a lot from SDN last year as i was preparing my application and interviews. now that i'm a pharm student, i help out other pre-pharm ppl.
i just wanna encourage you all to help out the others here, instead of like some people who get what they need here and take off. it's all about give and take.

Originally posted by ucdbiochem
congrats to those of you who got in this year. you have gone a long way to get to this point. i learned a lot from SDN last year as i was preparing my application and interviews. now that i'm a pharm student, i help out other pre-pharm ppl.
i just wanna encourage you all to help out the others here, instead of like some people who get what they need here and take off. it's all about give and take.

I'm with UCD. It is actually hella difficult in your first year to find time to clean your dishes much less post thoughtful responses to pre-pharm queries so mucho thanks to all those who make time in their year 1.

Is anyone missing from the list or needs to be changed to another pharm school? As much as I like stalking people, it gets exhausting ;) so new people, please post your acceptances and changes here, so I can update the list. :thumbup:

I've been accepted to Hawaii College of Pharmacy. However, still waiting for reply from other school.

Congrats to everyone who got accepted so far:clap:

Hi~ I got accepted to Creighton University (in Nebraska). but I'm still waiting to hear back from my top 2 choices~

HI all thanx in part to all the helpful info on this forum I will be attending Western U!!

JUst recieved my UCSF letter of acceptance!
Truly excited!

:p :p :p :p :p
Hehe, I am a new member. Got accepted to Western U too. The letter is also THIN, scared the hell out of me.

nice screen name, dude.:rolleyes:

I will be attending the University of Arizona! Now I can slack off in my remaining classes this semester. Can anyone recommend a good brand of sunscreen?

Dito pharmel! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Groo1515- congratulations and ummm....sunscreen?! what's that?? ;)

I've been accepted to UT Memphis!!!:D

Hi everyone! I'm going to USC! Woohoo! Congrats to everyone!

I saw a lot of new acceptances to UCSF.....let me know if you wanna join us on this list. :clap:

I'm a regular lurker here, but first-time poster. Just got my letter of acceptance from MWU-CPG today!! ...so, add me to the list!

:):):)

Originally posted by pharmaz88
I'm a regular lurker here, but first-time poster. Just got my letter of acceptance from MWU-CPG today!! ...so, add me to the list!

:):):)

:love: Yay! another classmate! I'll be seeing you in August! :cool:

woowoo...looks like i'll be at usc! very excited.

Congrats pharmaz88! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks Karma and Mel... it'll be interesting to finally put faces with all the screen-names from here that are Midwestern bound.

Loma Linda U. class of 2008:clap: :clap:

Hi Everyone! I've been reading SDN posts for a lil while now, but I'm a first-time poster. Just heard good news from UCSF and also from USC. Now the hard part is going to be choosing between the two!

I got accepted in Massachusetts College of Pharmacy-Worcester
:)