Pharm Class of 2007/2008

Started by Roxicet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
South Dakota State University- Class of 2008!!!

I am sooo happy, I didn't think I would get in! 🙂 Unfortunately, though, this is a conditional acceptance, meaning I have to get "B's" or higher in my remaining/current courses. I am currently pulling a B- (nearing a C+) in OChem, so I am really really scared. All of my other classes are going excellent. If I don't get that B in OChem (I hope a B- still equates to a B for this purpose), I will need to be re-evaluated. Hopefully that would not make me fall short of acceptance. 🙁 Now I finally have some more motivation for ochem... better get back to the books immediately and catch up! 🙂
 
I just got accepted into Temple University. 😀

But will I accept their invitation? THAT is the question :meanie: .

I'm still waiting for 1 more decision. I shall return to let y'all know what I've decided.

Thank you SDN, y'all have been a very interesting source of information *^^*

[bah 😱 ! Now I gotta try to squeeze myself into an A&P class. It's a bit late in the season but hopefully they'll let me in ^^].
 
Just found out that I got into UCSF...but I am pretty sure that I will go to UOP. Congrats to all others! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
well, i learned that i was accepted into Oregon State Univeristy *^^*

now, the next biggest thing to do is to decide where to go.

i shall return later once i've decided.
 
I apologize for my double posting *glances up* But this will probably be the last time I post in this particular thread because I've decided which school I'll be attending this fall.

Temple U or Oregon State U?

*drumroll*

And it's...OSU!!! 😀

*sighs* Like I really have a choice! 😎

Having lived in Oregon all my life [with the exception of my undergrad] I wanted to attend school at a different location. Blah. But life isn't always what you want it to be. Gotta go with the flow sometimes...especially if (a) you're poor and (b) your mommy really really wants you to stay close to home this time around.

It's a means to an ends, I guess. 2 years in Corvallis, 1 year in Portland, and the last year will be whereever I want it to be ^^ I'll just grin it, and bear it. That's right :meanie:

Hopefully, by the time I'm finished, I won't be married yet, with kids, and doomed to live my life out in Oregon. That would be sad.

Curious_Georgies' ideal future : Being a pharmacist in a state with warm sun & beaches. Her apartment overlooks the ocean, and her place of work is a 5-minute bike ride away. Now THAT'S the life for me *^^*
 
Hi all, I frequent the SDN forums but don't post much. Its great place to learn a lot of stuff.

I'll be the first to say that I am going to Pharm school in Fargo, ND (North Daktoa State University - NDSU).

Class of 2008
 
so....I got into USC today and that's where I decided to go.
karma, please switch me from UCSF to USC.....good luck everyone
 
This is my first actual post on the site, so I better make it a happy one!
I got into U. of Colorado today, and I decided to go there instead of Creighton. 🙂 I am from Colorado, and love living here, so I was really hoping to get in there. I can't wait to move to Denver. So anyone who interviewed at CU, you should get news very soon... :luck:
 
Wow, this list has gotten so long!!! 👍 I think it only started with around 5 people, and now it's about 50.

For everyone who's still waiting for some good news... :luck: good luck!
 
Hey!!

I'm new to this forum, too! I just wanted to shout out a congrats to everyone on the list so far! I found out I got into UT Memphis--I am so psyched! Whew! I didn't realize so much would be involved applying to pharm school---but somehow I made it! Kim31kim and rite1---looks like we'll all be in the same boat this fall--can't wait to see ya!! 🙂

Jenn
 
Congratulations everyone! I'm a long time lurker...hope everyone knows how helpful they are! I'm happy to say that I will be attending The University of Texas at Austin this fall. Go horns!
 
Two years later and rejection letter after rejection letter. . . finally made it to the University of Southern California.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Originally posted by N*E*R*D*
Two years later and rejection letter after rejection letter. . . finally made it to the University of Southern California.

Good job! 👍 I admire your tenacity!
 
Wow, I just recently learned about this website and I think its a great idea! I'll be attending USC this fall..yay!! I'm really excited to meet my future classmates 🙂 For those going to USC...where are you guys planning on living? I applied for the dorms, but I'm not sure if its a good idea....any suggestions/advice? Thanks!! Congrats and good luck to you all!
 
Yeesss....after anxiously waiting, finally I got accepted to University of Minnesota Twin Cities. Just checked my mailbox 15 minutes ago, saw a large envelope...tore it...and there it was .."Congratulations".
Karmapatrol: That's where I am going to attend, could you please add me up to the list?
Congrats again to all of you in this ever growing list.
 
Just got accepted to MWU-CCP...im goin crazy..haha...ill be a balla in 4 years..hell yaaaaaaa :meanie:
 
I just found out that I will be attending the University of Oklahoma - OKC! If anyone else is going there let me know, I'm really excited to get started!
 
bananaface said:
I'm curious as to why this is a c/o 2007/2008 list, not just a c/o 2008 list. Isn't everyone entering this year graduating in 2008?
Nope, Anyone doing an accelerated program will be out in 2007. I entered last year and I'll graduate in 2006! 😉
 
bananaface said:
I guess I count as a part of the class of 2006/2007 then.

Props to anyone crazy enough to take on an accelerated program. I would go nuts.
I think you belong in 2006/2007 🙂

Edit: I'm an idiot. I thought you wanted to be in 07/08. Too much studying=death to JD's brain.
 
pharmd-08 said:
Yeesss....after anxiously waiting, finally I got accepted to University of Minnesota Twin Cities. Just checked my mailbox 15 minutes ago, saw a large envelope...tore it...and there it was .."Congratulations".
Karmapatrol: That's where I am going to attend, could you please add me up to the list?
Congrats again to all of you in this ever growing list.

pharmd-08, if you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? 🙂
 
I wasn't quite sure how to distinguish myself between the two until you explained it, JD. So, there has been too much studying for me as well! I am still willing to answer questions about UW if people incoming/prospective people have them! Maybe that will keep me from studying too much. 😉

Anna
 
I am going to be attending UT-Memphis pharmacy school this fall!! Got to finish up a couple of classes but other than that, I am in! I can't wait to start! 🙂
 
Just got my letter of acceptance from Midwestern Glendale! Class of 2007! Yippee!!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to everyone. I know that I was pretty excited around this time last year. I think it would be cool if karmapatrol made each school's name into a link to that school's COP website (on the main page of this thread). (hint hint..) 😀

Like this:
http://www.midwestern.edu/cpg/
 
jdpharmd? said:
Congrats to everyone. I know that I was pretty excited around this time last year. I think it would be cool if karmapatrol made each school's name into a link to that school's COP website (on the main page of this thread). (hint hint..) 😀

Like this:
http://www.midwestern.edu/cpg/

How much ya got? 😉 😛 j/k. I'll need some time though. LV, I was about to ask you how you did that, but I clicked on quote. Thanks. 👍

Isn't it crazy what a difference a year makes? Three years will fly by so quickly!

Off2skl, congrats! It's always good to hear from a future classmate. It's not fair, though; you and pharmel and pharmaz already live in the Phoenix area. I'm the only one that has to move. 😛
 
karmapatroL said:
Off2skl, congrats! It's always good to hear from a future classmate. It's not fair, though; you and pharmel and pharmaz already live in the Phoenix area. I'm the only one that has to move. 😛
Ohh, cry me a river.. Texas to AZ? Puhhhhhhleeze.. 😛 I drove for 31 hours (1997.56 miles) from Northern Michigan to Arizona, ALONE, in a ford focus, with everything that I own. Several of my classmates drove from New York! 😱
 
jdpharmd? said:
Ohh, cry me a river.. Texas to AZ? Puhhhhhhleeze.. 😛 I drove for 31 hours (1997.56 miles) from Northern Michigan to Arizona, ALONE, in a ford focus, with everything that I own. Several of my classmates drove from New York! 😱

hehe, it's 466 miles from El Paso (West TX) to Glendale (~7 hours). 😳
 
karmapatroL said:
It's not fair, though; you and pharmel and pharmaz already live in the Phoenix area. I'm the only one that has to move. 😛

At least you'll have people (Pharmel and Off2Skl) you can hit-up to help unload the U-Haul. 🙂
 
pharmaz88 said:
At least you'll have people (Pharmel and Off2Skl) you can hit-up to help unload the U-Haul. 🙂

Heyyyy! Aren't YOU helping too? 😛
 
Ugh, unloading a U-Haul in August heat in Phoenix.... how did I get volunteered for that????
 
Congrats off2skl!

I'll hold the margaritas while y'all unload Karmapatrol's truck, okay?
 
hey pharmel

I'd be happy to help you hold those margaritas. Actually I think I'll go make myself one(or 2) right now since I just got accepted to Midwestern Glendale, class of 2007.
 
Hirlemad said:
hey pharmel

I'd be happy to help you hold those margaritas. Actually I think I'll go make myself one(or 2) right now since I just got accepted to Midwestern Glendale, class of 2007.
ROCK ON hirlemad! Congrats. Where are you coming from?
 
pharmel said:
ROCK ON hirlemad! Congrats. Where are you coming from?

All the way from Tempe, AZ. I'm going to have to drive 45 minutes(32 miles), ALONE, with everything I own to get to Glendale. 🙂
 
while all of you drink your margaritas, ill be sipping on some mai tais over on oahu. i just got into the hawaii college of pharmacy, and im stoked!!!!!! finally, i got into a pharmacy school. aloha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone going to Western University of Health Sciences c/o 2008?? Hope to see ya there! :luck:
 
Jenita143 said:
Anyone going to Western University of Health Sciences c/o 2008?? Hope to see ya there! :luck:

Check the first post of this thread...there's two other people listed under Western with you. I constantly update that post whenever someone lets me know where they're going next year. It's in alphabetical order by state and then by school. 👍
 
Hirlemad said:
All the way from Tempe, AZ. I'm going to have to drive 45 minutes(32 miles), ALONE, with everything I own to get to Glendale. 🙂

HAHAHA :laugh:
 
Hi! Please take my name off Creighton University and put me under University of Washington!! Just got my acceptance letter today. 🙂