MDapps Issues After SDN Migration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xaelia

neenlet
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yep, we're aware there are some issues with MDapps right now.

- None of the confirmation or password change e-mails seemed to be working.
- Now it's not possible to log into your profile.

The issues all stem from the migration from my private server to SDN's servers.

Sorry. I don't have an ETA, only apologies. :(

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you for your site!
I credit your site with my acceptance. I would have never applied to the school if I had not noticed other applicants like me getting in on MDapps!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, we're aware there are some issues with MDapps right now.

- None of the confirmation or password change e-mails seemed to be working.
- Now it's not possible to log into your profile.

The issues all stem from the migration from my private server to SDN's servers.

Sorry. I don't have an ETA, only apologies. :(

Good to know the problem has been recognized and we are moving forward. Hopefully it's fixed soon! :)

Don't worry. None of us will die. The site is still up and has years of information saved on it. This is only a minor inconvenience. Good luck with the fixes!

Sent from my iPod using SDN Mobile app. Please excuse the typos.

Thanks for your site. I knew something was odd. It is a very useful site.

Just an FYI -- I have been trying to create an account and every time I get the following error message: "The verification code you entered was invalid. Please correct this error."

I'm definitely entering the code correctly and I don't think it is my browser, I've tried using a few different browsers.

I, too, would like to say that MDapps has been an invaluable resource for me in the medical school application process.

Thank you, Xaelia. Seriously. :)

Yeah, they confirmed there's a problem with the captcha on the site. Since it's a holiday week, it might be a longer wait to get a fix, I assume.

Can't wait until it's fixed. I've been anxious to create an account too.

Thanks for the site xaelia, it has been invaluable. Is there a thread where I can hear the story of how & why you created it?

Thanks for the site xaelia, it has been invaluable. Is there a thread where I can hear the story of how & why you created it?

In case she doesn't respond anytime soon, here's a quote from an early thread

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=55920

After spending the last few months intermittently browsing this forum, there has been this one particular recurring theme I have noticed in the postings:

"My name is X, my stats are Y, do I have a chance to get into Z (or any) medical school?"

Understandably, with over twice as many applicants as their are spots available, prospective medical students are, with a dearth of tangible data for comparative self-evaluation, a little neurotic. You know who you are. ;)

Wonderfully, most of these sincere questions get answered, often by the same angels in the forums, over and over, volunteering some general information about themselves and their experiences in the process to help guide those just beginning the grasp the scope of what they face.

I thought I would create a website, in the database-driven-automated-searchable spirit of our fondly ressurrected Interview Feedback, where those who have completed the process could share a brief profile of stats, general information and the final disposition of their files at the schools they applied to.

I would appreciate it if folks would take a brief moment to visit:
http://neekbork.net/mda/

...and evaluate the draft skeleton of this website with the following questions in mind:

"Would this be a useful site for prospective premeds? Would I have searched its databases for information if I were beginning the process?"

"Would I contribute to this site? Is the information requested complete enough to be of value to prospective premeds, but limited enough to protect my identity and privacy?"

Reference http://neekbork.net/mda/addprofile.html to evaluate the data collected on each applicant.

I built this draft based partly on my own experiences in the application process in what I would look for as a tool and guide, and I would love to hear from those on this website if they would recommend any changes, improvements, etc. Nothing is hardcoded in terms of the database access engine, so everything is flexible.

Thanks!

[email protected]

Thanks. How did you find that?

Stalking 101

Just click on the poster's name, then "View public profile", then "statistics", and view all threads. That ought to show you all the threads they've created since they joined. I figured she must have made a thread or two about one of the most popular websites on this board :thumbup: