0-6 Program Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwptimusPrime

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry if this post should belong in the "What are my Chances" thread, but I felt it be better to start a new thread as I am still in high school.

Anyways, I am currently a junior in high school and am looking into applying to a pharmacy school next year, particularly those schools offering the 0-6 programs. At this time I am mainly looking into (1) Rutgers and (2) USP. Also, even though these schools don't require LOR's or essays, should I still send them in? Futhermore, what about SAT II? Do I need to or should I take them?

My current high school GPA is about 3.8-3.9 weighted (decimal in between) and I am going to be retaking the SAT in October, as I didn't do so well the first time around. What is a "decent" score for the SAT?

Math/Science Courses Taken/Taking:
Honors Biology
Honors Chemistry
Honors Physics
AP Chemistry
AP Calculus AB
*Note* Honors = Highest possible level besides AP.

Additionally, I am looking towards receiving college credit (12-14 credits) from my state college by taking 4 summer courses. Thus, if there are any courses in particular I should take, please suggest them. Currently I am thinking of taking biology classes as well as taking English Composition. I am trying to weed out the "core" courses that I will eventually have to take.

So if you are currently enrolled in either Rutgers or USP, please post any recommendations and comments based on the information I have presented.
 
Last edited:
Rutgers 0+6 Pharmacy is a tough program to get into, not even people with 4.0 sometimes don't get in. Its very competitive there. However, USP seems to be a easier program to get into.
The average SAT score is usually around 2000+. I also hear that extra curricular activies wouldn't hurt. Schools actually prefer you shadow a pharmacist to gain more experience so this will higher your chances.

EDIT:
Check out this: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=500366&highlight=rutgers
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.