0-6 Vs Traditional Pharmacy Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

An Apple A Day

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there,

I am currently a high school senior and am in the process of applying to colleges. My question is, what are the personal advantages and disadvantages from doing a traditional 4+4 program vs doing a 0-6 program?

I made an okay score on the ACT (26), and have a decent GPA (approximately 3.85) so most of the colleges I have applyed or am applying to, I should be accepted. (I know I won't make it into any ivy league or anything 🙁 lol)

I have applied to Belmont University (Nashville, TN) and Palm Beach Atlantic (West Palm Beach, Fl).
Both of these colleges are traditional paths where students get a bachelors in science and then apply to the college of pharmacy (both have colleges of pharmacy).

I found out, I have a chance of being accepted into The University of Rhode Island. It has (to my understanding) a 0-6 pharmacy program.

Long story short, I was pretty much set on Palm Beach Atlantic. It is a christian college (I'm a christian), it has the program I want, and its located in southern Florida on a beach! But now that I know I might be accepted to a 0-6 program, its got me thinking...

What are your opinions on the two programs? Do you think going as a undergraduate, and then as a graduate is a better choice? I know I will enjoy my time in college so truly the 2 years difference doesn't bother me that much. I just want to make sure I get accepted to a pharmacy college. The costs of the different colleges are pretty similar so I am not considering them. Thanks so much for any advice! 🙂
 
Last edited: