'09 Class Caps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roninishya

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm getting more and more concerned about class size caps at two out of my three top-3 schools, since both are under 100 in class size. Everything is complete except that I am finishing up the last bit of shadowing and still waiting on a LOR before I submit my application through AACPM. I'm worried that I might get rejected upon class size caps already being reached...:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Which schools? I know from personal experience that OCPM accepted several students in the second week of JULY for matriculation at the end of that same month.

Why not apply now? You do not have to have all of your application materials in at the same exact time. If you applied now and you could possibly have an interview scheduled in a few weeks which would give you enough time for that last LOR to be written.

Last edited:
Which schools? I know from personal experience that OCPM accepted several students in the second week of JULY for matriculation at the end of that same month. I don't know about Temple or NYCPM (I assume you applied to two of those three).

Why not apply now? You do not have to have all of your application materials in at the same exact time. If you applied now and you could possibly have an interview scheduled in a few weeks which would give you enough time for that last LOR to be written.

Well, my top three schools in order are Scholl, Barry, and Temple. I'm not too worried about Temple b/c people on the forums have already said they have March interviews. But both Scholl and Barry have pretty low class caps. The reason for holding off at this moment is a few reasons. My university (University of Delaware) has a 5-week winter course available, which I am taking and will hopefully boost my science GPA up just a little more. I'm having 1-2 more science prof LORs being written in addition to the 3 I already have but more importantly my letter from the podiatrist is not complete (and I haven't finished all of the shadowing experiences I want to go through first). Temple's is a bit harder, b/c then I will have to wait for yet another LOR...

Members don't see this ad :)
Scholl is expecting a class size of up to 105 students (heard from Kim Young). I don't think they will take that many, but you never know. Compared to 30-50 slots at DMU/AZPod/CSPM(?) 100 is huge!

didnt cpme just set new standards for class limits....because until new residencies start popping up we dont need MORE students than we already have.

i sure hope they get it figured out for the class of 2013 due to the new pod school opening up. i know it doesnt affect me, but im sure it will many on this board

Speaking of the new school, has anyone applied there? I know it is not complete in the accreditation process yet, but as far as SDN is concerned, I have not heard it mentioned once. Are they even interviewing anyone?

Barry's cap is around 70-75 for this year.

so far, about 45 or so have sent in full deposits.

This is not good...I need to finish everything up quickly if I want a shot. Thanks for the update on the numbers for Barry.

Speaking of the new school, has anyone applied there? I know it is not complete in the accreditation process yet, but as far as SDN is concerned, I have not heard it mentioned once. Are they even interviewing anyone?

Western has been interviewing and is planning for 50 students in its inaugural class.

I stole this from a post in 2008.

AZPOD - 30
Barry - 67
Cali - 48
DMU - 53
NYCPM - 109
OCPM - 125
Scholl - 98
Temple - 100

Not trying to be negative or condescending but here are the graduate #'s for the class of 2006... looks a little low.

http://www.aacpm.org/html/statistics/PDFs/GradStats/06Degrees_Col&Gender.pdf

I guess its something to take into mind when applying. A couple are not even 50%...

Application #s were very low in 2002 for the class of '06; also, you need to take into account the attrition rate (drop out, fail out, etc.), which will result in lower numbers at graduation versus admission. Furthermore, some schools had their caps increased the past year or two.

Application #s were very low in 2002 for the class of '06; also, you need to take into account the attrition rate (drop out, fail out, etc.), which will result in lower numbers at graduation versus admission. Furthermore, some schools had their caps increased the past year or two.

Yeah thats what I was trying to get at. I didnt take into account that the 2002 admissions caps were lower, however